• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] [ANT1-H3R0]'s Sprites

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
Years
I've been creating some sprites in order to implement the Pokemon into my current project, Pokemon Luminous Light. You are allowed to use the sprites in your own projects as long as credit is given.

I have just finished Blacephalon.
9KVxYAZ.png
jV4mR5k.png
pRdjUpA.png
VQKZPdv.png

I haven't done sprites that much, but I worked hard on this! Hope you enjoy, and check back later for more!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
There's a little bit you can improve on, mostly when it comes to size (96 x 96 is pretty big for a standard Pokemon sprite), and outlining. It seems like you're not making use of diagonally organized pixels and are instead connecting each line, which is honestly just more work for you and makes the sprite seem flatter. I suggest literally cutting the corners, haha. Next, your outlining seems very light for each part - remember that Pokemon sprites use many dark colors to suggest shadows. Lastly, I recommend trying more dithering! This will just add visual complexity and once again make the transition to another color seem smoother.

Overall though, I think the thing I love most about this sprite is it's pose. That you really nailed and did a great job at!

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
Years
There's a little bit you can improve on, mostly when it comes to size (96 x 96 is pretty big for a standard Pokemon sprite), and outlining. It seems like you're not making use of diagonally organized pixels and are instead connecting each line, which is honestly just more work for you and makes the sprite seem flatter. I suggest literally cutting the corners, haha. Next, your outlining seems very light for each part - remember that Pokemon sprites use many dark colors to suggest shadows. Lastly, I recommend trying more dithering! This will just add visual complexity and once again make the transition to another color seem smoother.

Overall though, I think the thing I love most about this sprite is it's pose. That you really nailed and did a great job at!

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm gonna be doing a lot of spriting so I can use all the advice I get. I made a couple fixes, but kept the size the same because 96x96 is optimal for the project I'm working on.
Here's the updated version, I think it's at least a slight improvement.
806.png806b.png806s.png806sb.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm gonna be doing a lot of spriting so I can use all the advice I get. I made a couple fixes, but kept the size the same because 96x96 is optimal for the project I'm working on.
Here's the updated version, I think it's at least a slight improvement.
View attachment 88756View attachment 88757View attachment 88758View attachment 88759

No problem! Actually, if you don't mind, I went into your sprite and did some editing. I figure this will sorta better demonstrate the kind of changes I was talking about in my last post.
Luj9YDL.png

x500 magnification
Spoiler:

All I really did was thin up the outline, reduced the color count to 16, and changed the silhouette to better match the Sugimori art. But you see how the outline is much thinner than your original? That's what I was talking about. Even in your newest version the lines we very thick. That's just unnecessary space being taken up.

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
Years
No problem! Actually, if you don't mind, I went into your sprite and did some editing. I figure this will sorta better demonstrate the kind of changes I was talking about in my last post.
Luj9YDL.png

x500 magnification
Spoiler:

All I really did was thin up the outline, reduced the color count to 16, and changed the silhouette to better match the Sugimori art. But you see how the outline is much thinner than your original? That's what I was talking about. Even in your newest version the lines we very thick. That's just unnecessary space being taken up.

This looks a lot better! I'll be sure to keep this in mind when I make sprites in the future. I'll try and make some fixes soon, I think I understand what to do now.

[ANT1-H3R0]

Final Boss
Years
Luj9YDL.png

x500 magnification
Spoiler:

I did some edits to the sprites, I hope these look better.
806.png8061.png8062.png8063.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes! Those look much better. Good work! Excited to see who you sprite next. :)

hololeena

Banned
Years
I've been creating some sprites in order to implement the Pokemon into my current project, Pokemon Luminous Light. You are allowed to use the sprites in your own projects as long as credit is given.

I have just finished Blacephalon.
9KVxYAZ.png
pRdjUpA.png
VQKZPdv.png

I haven't done sprites that much, but I worked hard on this! Hope you enjoy, and check back later for more!

looking awesome. I really like this type designs

Back