• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anti's Ever-Annoying ADV Team

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah I don't really know why my old thread got locked and I've gotten no answer so I guess I just make another one.

Then again the other one was spammed up with "j0o sh0u1d b4t7le m3!!!" so oh well.

But heed my warning - If you spam my thread I will NOT be happy, and by that I mean I will be waiting for you on Netbattle just to crush you with this team. So I'm very serious when I say DO NOT SPAM MY THREAD. A lot of thought went into this team so if you get any bright ideas about spamming my thread I will not hesitate to report you and probably get very angry as well. I hope I've made myself clear.

I actually encourage discussion about ADV crap if you want as long as it stays at least fairly on-topic. Sorry but I haven't discussed anything involving ADV since I battled Smarties like, 3 months ago >.>

Also if you don't know anything about ADV then just don't post so this isn't totally cluttered. Also no 4th Gen rates because I've gotten a lot of those in the past.

Anyways.................

It's essentially the same team with the same old Regice awesomeness. Currently undefeated also. Still I've only run into one curselax so that's probably why.

While I like this team and it's really been working great, my one gripe is its lack of ability to take status.

See without Psych Up or Seismic toss on Regice Raikou walks all over me. I need Toxic or I am terribly stalled by a lot of things. I need Thunderbolt to beat Gyarados and Ice Beam for STAB so I can't use Resttalk Regice here.

I thought of Resttalk Pert but that's kind of a joke of a moveset and no cleric fits in at all with this team.

Resttalk Raikou...lol probably won't be working out. I can pass ubs and stuff but when Blissey comes in I can't just set up a sub with whoever. In other words status is evil to my team.

If I could fix that problem I'd be happy.

My one minor gripe is that Curselax kinda stalls this team pretty bad so I thought of maybe running DDmence over CBmence.

So a lot of thought went into this and now I need YOUR thoughts if you have any.

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 96 HP / 220 Spd / 136 SAtk / 56 SDef
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

It's the best.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

lol...might run DDmence.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 16 SAtk / 36 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Wish

Subpasser.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

haha Mixpert with some roaring action.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Light Screen / Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes

Magneton is just no.

Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 56 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Psych Up
    - Thunderbolt
    - Toxic

Receives healing from Vappy who also covers its weaknesses. Psych Up to tick off Celebi and toxic is just great. No I will NOT use Thunder Wave ^_^

So I basically need help with curselax and taking status and I'll be all set.

Failure to comply with my simple rules at the beginning of this post will make me oh so unhappy ^_^

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well Forretress can't touch Gyarados anyways. I generally depend on Regice to deal with it since it will do that effectively with Thunderbolt.

As for Magneton it's always annoying but I generally try and hide Forretress and see if they have a Magneton while I sponge stuff with swampert on the physical side.

But yeah I suppose if gyarados had Hidden Power Rock I'd be kind of toast.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Out of curiosity did we battle yesterday? Somebody said "I knew this team looked familiar" after handing me my only loss and just went away and I'm like O_O

AromaBliss would be interesting but I rely on Vaporeon to cream Suicune and stuff like that.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm Anti-Pop on Netbattle also ._.

Either way I actually have created a pretty tough stall team of sorts that I'd like to try out. Still I'm working with the EV spreads so I'll post it later. But it shuts down all physical attackers which makes me giddy with excitement.

EDIT: Okay I have the basic parts of this operation complete but I need to test it and get opinions.

Seriously this is a WAY defensive team but that's how I make all my teams so here. Weezing and Steelix resist every single physical attack type in the game and swampert makes taking on things that can strike both easier. All I can say is gg to all sweepers since everything is countered.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

gg Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, and Gengar

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunderbolt

gg Suicune, Milotic, Swampert, Gyarados, and Vaporeon.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 216 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Roar
    - Toxic

gg's everything with Weezing ^_^ special gg's go to Raikou.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Leech Seed
    - Psychic
    - Recover

gg Snorlax and Blissey. Also cleric time to get rid of sleep from rest.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Rest
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

gg's everything with Steelix ^_^ special gg's go to Breloom.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 160 HP / 56 Atk / 136 Def / 156 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Rest

gg special sweepers not named Gengar!

Last edited:
    Back