• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Antiviruses that are actually viruses that mess up your computer

DanTheMan12345

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    My brother ran into one called "Security Tool". It made the screen go black, and he couldn't use any other programs. He resolved the problem by using my computer (so I couldn't use any other programs either) and fixed the problem! His screen still got black every time he put on his computer, so he just put on a picture from the game "Battle for Middle Earth 2". (Good thing he had my computer, because if he hadn't, he would have to share with my computer or buy a new one.)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you ever see an ad disguised as an anti-virus program scanning for viruses, don't use it.
    Visit the site of a know anti-virus program like Norton, McAfee, etc. and use that.

Years
    I ignore everything and anything that 'pops' up when I am on the internet.

I have my own security centre, so there is no point even taking notice of them. 9 times out of 10 they are viruses. That is my personal experience with them from what I gather.

Back