• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any good Pokemon novelizations out there?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2020
    One that faithfully follows the story of any of the generation games? Anything that's complete, where the kids quest is taking on the Elite 4, and he actually starts with the starter Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Pokemon Special (also known as Pokemon Adventures) is your best bet. It follows the first-generation games and expands on them as much as GameFreak intended. After that I'm not sure how far it deviates from the games and what GameFreak would actually support, but it's still fairly close to an "adaptation" as you can find.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2020
    I read a few chapters of that, and to be honest...it kinda bored me. The main character isn't interesting at all, and the story never even bothers to explain his motivations beyond "HE WANTS TO BE A POKEMON MASTER!!" (as far as I can tell anyway). It just seemed really bland...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It is bland, but it goes off the notes for the game, so it's the best you want to get. The Electric Tale of Pikachu is good, if you want to check out a more mature and story-driven version of the anime.

Back