• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

any metal fans?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I listen to a lot of different genres, but metal has been my favorite ever since I discovered Black Sabbath (who remain my favorite band) when I was 12. My favorite sub-genres of metal are traditional heavy metal, melodic black metal and power metal. Right now though, I've been listening to a lot of technical thrash metal.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Metal, Hm, yes I do. Want me to name a few? Ok, here you go.
    Pantera, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, Black Sabbath, Poisonwood (underground), All That Remains, Testament, DevilDriver, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Slayer, The Faceless, etc.

Pantera and Lamb of God are my favorite metal bands tho.

Good bands, even though Lamb of God's style doesn't appeal much to me. Same for Slayer.

Metal is my favourite, for one reason, I find it the funnest genre to play on the guitar :P
    Some fantastic bands that you should check out if you haven't are:
    In Flames
    Dark Tranquility
    As I didnt see them mention that often :P

Also even though they are more just progressive rock/metal
    TOOL
    is possibly my favourite band in the world.

Tool isn't really metal. It's some kind of mix between alternative rock and prog metal... it's some weird mix, really.
    And yes, the guitar work... it's the main reason I listen to Metal. Megadeth, Metallica and Iron Maiden have plenty of stuff thats fun to play, but if you want crushing awesome technical riffs, definitely go for Megadeth (Holy Wars, Take No Prisoners, Set The World Afire and This Day We Fight! for instance). For leads and harmony stuff, I'd say Iron Maiden (the albums Brave New World and Dance of Death have some pretty awesome harmonized guitar parts), even though Metallica has some nice stuff too(the first four albums I mean). On solos, any of them will do.

I listen to a lot of different genres, but metal has been my favorite ever since I discovered Black Sabbath (who remain my favorite band) when I was 12. My favorite sub-genres of metal are traditional heavy metal, melodic black metal and power metal. Right now though, I've been listening to a lot of technical thrash metal.

Black Sabbath is the classic of all classics and I really hope the reunion does happen. As for black and power metal, they don't really appeal to me. Thrash is good though.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Black Sabbath is the classic of all classics and I really hope the reunion does happen.

It has happened and it was announced back in November 2011. They even announced a new album and a reunion tour. The tour isn't happening under "Black Sabbath" anymore though because well, I'm sure you've heard that Tony was diagnosed with cancer. Also, Bill doesn't want to be involved with the whole reunion thing... so they're going on with the album without him... I don't think they should do that *shrug*. They are still however, playing at the Download Festival in the UK this year.

Back