• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any one like the contests in D/P/P?

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    I love the contests and I love making up new move sets for my poke'mon so that they can win any contest with the moves I've given them, my favorite one to use is my Xatu which has won every contest ribbon that's offered in DPP. But that's not why I posted this..., I just want to know if there's more contest fans out there who share the same passion for the perfect moveset for contest poke'mon.

P.S. Not sure if this is okay to post here but if it's not please delete. xP

DragonBackpack

of the shattered sun
    Years
    this sounds quite fun, but like most things, i havent done it yet, ive played pokemon for years but havent for a while and im new to diamond and pearl... could someone make a thread or post or whatever there called about the pokemon contest ? and like how to do it.. maybe evemn a fan club ???

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Your mom and that other girl(the one who gives you Waterfall) are INSANELY HARD. On my Diamond it took me like 3 weeks to beat all the master contests. X.X

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes, to me contests are very interesting in the game. :)

All of the ranks are easy for me except the master rank. That one is very hard to beat and I haven't beat it yet. xD

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    this sounds quite fun, but like most things, i havent done it yet, ive played pokemon for years but havent for a while and im new to diamond and pearl... could someone make a thread or post or whatever there called about the pokemon contest ? and like how to do it.. maybe evemn a fan club ???

well the contests are just like they are in ruby and sapphire but they have an accessory part and a dance part added to them, they're really fun except for the stupid dance part.. I hate the dance part. xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I really don't like contests. They just aren't something I'm interested in in the game, and they take way to long to try to perfect. I only tried to beat one master rank contest so i could get my star on the trainer card, that's it.

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    Contests are easy and for me the master rank is very easy but it's still fun as long as you have the right moves such as a low voltage move like wake up slap, or a double voltage move like focus energy or swords dance you'll be fine. Though it also helps to have lv 99 rich poffins xP

Years
    I've... no real interest in contests to be honest. I suppose I'll go through them at some point for the Trainer Card star, but otherwise, like Fuego Ironworks contests remain firmly in the category of 'can't be arsed'. xD;

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    *sighs* I wish they had a place where I could post my contest poke'mon move sets....

I've... no real interest in contests to be honest. I suppose I'll go through them at some point for the Trainer Card star, but otherwise, like Fuego Ironworks contests remain firmly in the category of 'can't be arsed'. xD;

lol that's fine too though I agree with you on Fugeo Ironworks it's really pointless xP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    *sighs* I wish they had a place where I could post my contest poke'mon move sets....

You can probably start a thread if you want, it's not like its totally pointless.

I'll probably get into contests at some point in Platinum, I just can't be bothered right now when I'm trying to EV train about sixteen different pokemon. I really liked contests in RSE, they were alot easier and straightforward.

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    You can probably start a thread if you want, it's not like its totally pointless.

I'll probably get into contests at some point in Platinum, I just can't be bothered right now when I'm trying to EV train about sixteen different pokemon. I really liked contests in RSE, they were alot easier and straightforward.

But where do I post it?

And yes RSE contests were so much easier, I like them alot better than D P P contests mostly because you didn't have to make your poke'mon eat anything to win the master rank contest, I had my poke'mon go in with no poke'blocks and still win master. I loved that.^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    But where do I post it?

And yes RSE contests were so much easier, I like them alot better than D P P contests mostly because you didn't have to make your poke'mon eat anything to win the master rank contest, I had my poke'mon go in with no poke'blocks and still win master. I loved that.^^

I'd guess strategies and movesets or here. Worst comes the worst you put it in the wrong spot and the mods move it, i doubt that they'll complain about having to move a thread that has a point, have you seen the Battle forum lately?

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    I'd guess strategies and movesets or here. Worst comes the worst you put it in the wrong spot and the mods move it, i doubt that they'll complain about having to move a thread that has a point, have you seen the Battle forum lately?
    Okies and no I haven't I just stuck the this thread haven't really moved on yet, still newish xD.^^;;

Zane_pollard

Bunnybear will eat your SOUL!!
    Years
    i lurv the contests, they are easy until master 0___o; I wish that they made contests on wifi...... TT______TT

Dragon Tamer Lance

Lance Fan
    Years
    Contests are okay for me, I don't especially like or dislike them. I mainly go through them because the ribbons look good on Infernape xD
    Yay^^ Another Ribbon fan~
    I like the ribbons too, they look really nice on the poke'mon but I was really annoyed when I finally got into that stupid mansion place in the resort area (the ribbon required one) only to find out that it's not really worth it. T_T
    The only thing you can do there is buy more ribbons for your poke'mon or get a massage for your poke'mon which in my diamond version, the massage contained powdered diamonds....>.>

Back