• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any one Reserve Platinum yet?

Did you reserve Platinum (yet)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I'm not reserving it, since I never reserve games.
    There are three stores in the same plaza that should have it, so I don't think I will have any problems finding a copy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I haven't yet, but I might. What I was planning to do was save my birthday money (my birthday is on March 20) and give it to my mom when I go to my dad's so she can buy Platinum for me, and then I can go pick it up sometime.

EDIT: It's official, I'm not pre-ordering Platinum. I wanted to, and I begged my mom, but all she said were things like, "The economy is horrible now. No one's out buying games." and, "I don't want to give them my credit card number!" If she only knew how many people are waiting to get this game. Also, I don't see how she doesn't trust Best Buy with her credit card number. I mean, come on, identity theft is common, but you have to trust some people, and Best Buy is a very professional company.

EDIT 2: My sister to the rescue! She was wondering what I wanted for my birthday, and I told her that I would love for her to reserve Platinum for me. So we went to Best Buy, and they were all sold out of pre-order slips. Then we went to another Best Buy. We asked someone where we could pre-order the game and they said that we might not be able to because the pre-order date might be up. She then called someone else down, and while he was searching the computer, I found the slips to reserve Platinum. My sister did as it said, but I'm really not sure what happened because there was just too many people saying too many things. All I know is that we can come pick up the game anytime before April 5. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get the Girantina figure, but I really hope I do. ;P

Last edited:

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • I reserved it a week ago when I went shopping for my cousin at toys r us. Met the awesomest cashier there too- dude was a huge pokemon fan, and we had a fairly long chat. Goes to show that there are still awesome people where I live. :shocked:

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, I reserved it a week ago. I reserved one for me and my brother (he's paying for his own), right along with my DSi. We been playing the game since the Red and Blue days, and we love battling online in clans and stuff. So it's gonna be awesome! We are already planning our wifi teams for it.

It's in high demand where I am. At the Toys R Us today, I went to download Regigigas, and the Pokemon Platinum preorder rack was cleared out of the preorder boxes, they were also out of stickers and posters.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Nope and I do not plan on reserving it...I'll just buy it right away at Walmart or so on the 22nd or as soon as I see it available....my sister will be getting hers the same day too...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm not sure if I'm even going to get it, so I choose not to reserve it.
    Even if I was getting it, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing, unlike last time D:

HaZard2k8

I Leik Mudkipz! =D
    Years
  • I already bought it off Gamestop.com so you could say I preordered it, afterall I'm getting the Girantina action figure in the shipment.

Years
  • I reserved it a while back. I'm not too worried about being able to pick it up, reserve or not, but I did want to make sure the store got enough reserves so they'd send a decent number of the figures (and of course because I actually do want the game).

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • I hate to be a jerk but I'm already playing the English one. So no way im reserving it.

I hate to be a bigger jerk, but a lot of people have played it. Its called Downloading it, and putting the "English Patch" in it.
    (:

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I pre-ordered in on ebgames.com and set it for me to pick it up in the store right next to my house. Hopefully I will get the figure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I reserved it from EB Games they gave me a Origin form giratina figure But it broke :( lol

Years
  • Hmm

Hmm, I'd prefer not to buy It. Because whats so great about a few extra features.
    You know whats going to happen, mainly because of all the magazines, and Serebii..
    Stuff like that.

But I don't see the point In buying somthing to experiance a different ending.
    Until Im proved wrong, please correct me.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Hmm, I'd prefer not to buy It. Because whats so great about a few extra features.
    You know whats going to happen, mainly because of all the magazines, and Serebii..
    Stuff like that.

But I don't see the point In buying somthing to experiance a different ending.
    Until Im proved wrong, please correct me.
    Here's a list of Emerald's changes, and here's a list of Platinum's changes. When comparing the two, there's no contest which is better when it comes to the amount of changes made. It's obvious they did much more to make Platinum different than they have in previous sister games.

Back