• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any other adult players on here?

Weâvile2

The Shadow's Breath
    Years
    Twenty one in December. I've had every generation so far. Green, my brother owned, don't know where he got it. Then I obtained Blue. I had what was likely not an official Nintendo product, Gold and Silver 2in1. Again, this was my brothers. I purchased both Ruby and Sapphire. I preffered the latter. I got both Diamond and Pearl, preffering Diamond. Then Platinum. And now I await the European release of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I have very fond memories of Johto.

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
    I'm turning 23 in May and I bought both Platinum and HeartGold in the past few months. I was away from the series for a while but it would appear I'm addicted again.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    24 in June, and still playing. I plan on playing as long as they make the games, and will probably still play the old ones, even when they aren't. I have a 3 & 4 year old (both boys), and I think I may have gotten them hooked to at least the show, for now. Most people read books before they go to bed, but I play Pokémon (which, on occasion, found myself waking up in the middle of the night to save and shut off my DSi because I fell asleep playing, lol).

Aah! That's what my day is like, almost exactly! (Creepy, ne? ^.^)

My daughter just turned 5 on Sunday, and she already knows Pikachu, Pichu, Lickylicky and Lucario, mostly from My Pokemon Ranch. It's a shame I can't get her to pickup on things more easily other than stuff she sees on the TV...she's autistic so even those 4 are a big thing.

Whoa wait a minute...the DS can die? That just scared me.

Sad, but true. All awesome things must come to an end. Like my Red cart with Mew in it.

*cries*

Do you suppose the game itself is easier to play when you're older, or is it just because most of us have all been playing since day 1? (And why are there no poke-pride marches yet?! lol...)

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Well I think its because of the way there making pokemon games, this is what I say about it
    "Pokemon games, Easy enough for a child to play, But complicated enough to keep an Adult busy" :P

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    Well I think its because of the way there making pokemon games, this is what I say about it
    "Pokemon games, Easy enough for a child to play, But complicated enough to keep an Adult busy" :P

I find this to be very true. I'm just as entertained with playing Pokemon now as I was when I was eight years old, and I still find things to challenge me while I'm playing. The game was extremely challenging back then (especially because I didn't even know what a strategy guide was back then and I had to find my own way through all the caves), but I was still able to make my way through it after trial, error, and learning. I think all the puzzle solving I had to do in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow kept my mind far busier as a child than anything on TV did. ^_^ And although it did get easier to play and understand the strategy of it as an adult, I still find it as entertaining and challenging as I did then.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    My parents play Pokemon.

...as do all the creators of the game. nyah. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2011
    i turn 27 this Saturday i have played all the poke games. i got my wife hooked with emerald

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Man, I feel the youngest here. 15 and half, 18 days to turn 16 (April 13, don't forget March has 31 days)
    And I too being playing from R/B/Y (Sorta), I got my Yellow, never bothered to get R/B, I finished Yellow. It wasn't that tuff considering Dugtrio overpowered the entire game. Finished 1 game of each gen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I think I'm the oldest so far...

I guess I'm pretty "adult". Will be 40 in December. Ive been playing pokemon since Ive purchased the old Gameboy Advance system in the mid- 90's. I dont think you can ever be to old to play this game. Its fun and challenging. I also get to bond with my 7 y/o daughter who has the H/G version while I have the S/S version. I also walk with the pokewalker :), even at work. Guess I'm just a kid at heart. As long as you have fun, its all good!!!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I'm twenty and I still play although Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum weren't as fun for me. HG has restored my faith since I played the original one when I was little :).

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I'm almost 20. Still a fan xD I'm even more of a fan than I used to be when I was a kid and played pokemon. Probably because now I understand more and I see that there is a lot more in these games than you think at the first place.

Back