• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any tactical-RPG maker?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
  • I was planning to make a tactical-rpg using RMXP, but surely it's a lot of work, so before I start making my head explode, I want to ask if there is any program to make tactical rpgs (like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics) How good is it? How customizable? How hard to use? Is it free? How much does it cost? What kind of files does it support?

I hope it's okay to make a thread for this.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I've looked long and hard, and I haven't been able to find any complete ones. There's a few scattered incomplete ones that you may want to follow, but I don't remember any names.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Well, I have one called Tactical RPG Editor. I've never been able to do something in it tho... Just google for it, you may find. The instalation package is about 30 mb.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
  • I found a script around dubealex that uses a tactical battle system(TBS) it was a little nice but maybe you could try to search around the place if you could try to find better ones.
    I cannot link it to you cause it is agianst the rules to do so.
    So good luck finding some!

Years
  • That.. might be what I use, and.. I posted it in the games plot/story forum, although no one is posting >.>

But.. I never heard of a tactical game maker.. I should check it out heh.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I found a script around dubealex that uses a tactical battle system(TBS) it was a little nice but maybe you could try to search around the place if you could try to find better ones.
    I cannot link it to you cause it is agianst the rules to do so.
    So good luck finding some!

It looks good so I'll try it to see well how it works.

That.. might be what I use, and.. I posted it in the games plot/story forum, although no one is posting >.>

But.. I never heard of a tactical game maker.. I should check it out heh.

I just saw your thread and asked you what you used.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • You can only put .bmp files and I think there were some files that needed to be called like something, and I heard that the palette was even harder to fit than RM2k3, and plus the japanese, I guess it won¡t help me much.

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    Yeah it sucks. I've been looking around.

Your best bet is The Tactical Engine for Game Maker, but that's still a Work In Progress

Back