• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    Since I am one of those cool people without any sort of DS, gen3 was my favourite. I Love Ruby and Sapphire, and the contests, and I play a lot. I lost my emerald though. :( .I'm tempted to buy a new one, but I might not bother.
    I played on a friends DS though, and decided I like Hoenn more than Sinnoh. By a lot. :)

Sparky1232

Agile Beast
    Years
    I play Sapphire sometimes for the nostalgia, since it was my first Pokemon game. :) I'm also hoping that someday I'll be able to get to Mirage Island, and I try to check often.

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I'm playing it right now. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the third gen games. And, I'm about to rip my hair out seeing as it's pretty much impossible to catch Registeel without a Master Ball.
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    Lol, I caught Mewtoo with a Great Ball. But don't let something that stupid get in the way of you enjoyment. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think R/S/E are the best mainseries Pokemon games so far. Plus, you can't find Hoenn Pokmemon anywere else. Other games have old Pokemon mixed with new
    ones, but Hoenn Pokemon are only in Hoenn.
    Oh, and yeah, I still play them :P

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    I just beat ruby finally. Everything is done, nothing left to do... Time to restart :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I still play my sapphire mostly to pal park legends to my SS/Platinum right now I am trying to get the regis Registeel is giving my problems ahhhhhh I hate it so much

Arty

Fire types are my favorite
    Years
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    Lol, I caught Mewtoo with a Great Ball. But don't let something that stupid get in the way of you enjoyment. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think R/S/E are the best mainseries Pokemon games so far. Plus, you can't find Hoenn Pokmemon anywere else. Other games have old Pokemon mixed with new
    ones, but Hoenn Pokemon are only in Hoenn.
    Oh, and yeah, I still play them :P

I beg to differ on Humans post seeing as I just caught Registeel and Regirock in less than ten minutes using less than 15 ultra balls total. it all about luck.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    It's true I just watched her do it I'm kind of mad and kinda glad but all in all I'm going to get Regigas (spelling)

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    I'm often finding myself back in 2003 with my Ruby. I wouldn't understand anyone who said they didn't like Hoenn. It truly is, I think, the most unique region. One: Because it's the only main region without an 'O' sound at the end, and two: Because it has so little connection with the other regions, whilst all the others are connected to Kanto.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    No, not anymore, I used to play them a lot last year, but this year I don't feel like playing any Pokemon Games.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Tried...

*Blows Sapphire and Inserts into DS*

There is no game in the GBA slot

*Rinse, Repeat*

*Rinse, Repeat*

There is an options pack in the GBA slot

*Rinse, Repeat*

*One more time!*

Start GBA game

*squeal*

*Game starts up, and freezes*

>=(

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I started a new file in Ruby a few months ago, but I've since lost it. I'm still looking for it though, because that was one of my favorite pokemon games.

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
    Years
    I Still Play R/S/E

I still play R/S/E, I recently finished Emerald with a Swampert only run, and I really did enjoy it, I have finished both Ruby and Sapphire too but currently my Ruby has been reset, and my brother is playing Sapphire so when I get some free time I will be playing through Ruby again.

- Jirachi² -

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    I started a new game in Ruby recently, actually. Somone suggested I do that daycare trick with the Acro Bike and the mudslide with my Gyrados, who was falling behind my Blaziken (My only two Pokemon). Now Blaziken's level 40 and
    Gyrados is level 51... >_< Ah well, the game's a lot of fun. Gyrados totally owns.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    its my favorite generation i just beat the elite four yesterday in under 10 hours, and i just got emerald and i am not playing through that one and i have to say i wish i would have gotten it sooner.

CafekkoGira~

Supreme King of Reverse World
    Years
    I can't seem to FIND my old Ruby Version. It was in French anyway but I speak French so that's okay...I just want to play it fr the sake of playing it. Hoenn was my favourite region...

I may just restart Emerald and cross my claws it doesn't freeze AGAIN.

Back