• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    I still play Pokémon Sapphire and I'm still trying to complete it. The only problem I have is that I don't have Leaf Green so I can't complete it.

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
    I have a monotype challenge on hold for R/S and really want to finish it. I just need to get motivated... I mean, heck, I stopped right before the Elite Four. >_<

Hoenn's definitely my runner-up favorite region. Hoenn was very unique and I really enjoyed how the story of the game(s) flowed. The new pokemon introduced with the region were also extraodinary and exciting.

One of my favorite parts of the game is Route 113. The music, the ash, how the area looked... All of it was just so amazing to me.

Years
    I still play my Sapphire time to time, but I've stopped just recently when I turned it on and found out that time-based events wouldn't happen anymore because the internal battery dried up. I guess that's what happens when you play a game for hundreds of hours :P

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Hell yeah! Third gen is the greatest I find!! I think I have my favourite team on there, but to be honest with me I don't stop playing a particular Pokemon game...I would still play Gen I!!

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
    I bought my copy last month.
    I think they're magnificent games, but fall below the standerds of FR and LG(the first games I played).

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    My personal favorite of all of the games is emerald...i started on ruby, then emerald, then saphire that i stole from a friend.....they made emerald perfectly...if they made a remake i'd buy it instantly...but i would prefer to only have 1 screen...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I just did play and lurk around the towns/cities in the game last week. XD

Netish

errr CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!
    Years
    Heck, I still play my pokemon silver on my gameboy color, gotta do it old school yo!
    same lmao but it came in handy in the new heartgold game I have

I got a ruby and couldn't find it after a while so I got sapphire then suddenly my sapphire disappeared and I found my ruby then ruby disappeared and I found my sapphire...it's a conspiracy... anyways, so I played it still until the internal battery ran out X_X I have to replace it but I have been busy playing heartgold and with college -_-

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Nah, I just looked at this forum for the hell of it. I don't *actually* play any games from the third generation.

Years
    I actually found my Pokemon Sapphire the other day, so I recently started playing it again.

Have no idea whatever happened to my Ruby though... xD

Slowking Bro

Trainer of Underrated Pokemon
    Years
    Definitely! I'm about to play Sapphire again, and I gotta say, it's my favorite game in the series! I love the scenery, the Pokemon, the story, everything! It was my first Pokemon game out of the main series, and I've loved it ever since!

Years
    The Hoenn games are among my faves. Am often somewhere in Hoenn in some game.

Emerald is my main however. For breeding reasons and Pokedex sharing between my GBA titles. National in Emerald is only missing Mew, Deoxys, Celebi, Hooh, Jirachi. One of each Pokemon, one of each Unown and all Ditto other than Neutrals. Also have a few Synchronize Natu of several natures... only enoughj room for about nine Pokemon...

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I'm playing Ruby right now ^_^ I started over though, and I'm using a lv. 12 Torchic, lv. 10 Taillow, lv. 7 Zigzagoon, and lv. 6 Seedot-- I'm working on training the Seedot for the first gym

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Yeah, I still play but only on ROMs. I don't have an SP or GBA anymore.

Maydevoir

Years
    I still have my Sapphire that I bought when it first came out. I never really played it that much, since I grew to dislike the 3rd Generation games and also because I was a real big fan of the 2nd Generation. I am, however, now starting to actually play through my Sapphire version, since I've had a renewed interest in Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I caught every Pokemon on my Emerald version (only had to hack in 10 at the most, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, etc to fill up the missing places). I had Ruby, but gave it off to my brother, and now I'm stuck with my Emerald and Sapphire. I would still play if, only if I wasn't so bored all the time :l

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    XD I still play RSE when I get time. Sadly I haven't been playing it much lately but once I finish HG for my monotype challenge, I'm probably going to play either Ruby or Sapphire for the second part of it. :)

Back