• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone else think lucaro isn't a legandary

Years
    I personally believe he is a legendary. Even if he does have a gender. I think the legendarys should have genders.. That's basically saying Articuno or Mew have survived thousands of years without dying.. ^ ^" If you see my point.
    It is possible he is a starter, but I doubt it.. I guess we have to wait slightly longer to find out ^ ^ but he had his own movie, and his own title, "Wave guiding hero"..

Just my own opinion

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
    I honestly can't belive this Topic is still beoing debated. Rukario{I still call him by the Japanese name because I think it sounds better} is a Legendary. As I said when I posted before the Main Pokemon of a Movie is always a form of Legendary. Also about him having a Gender? Uh Hello! Latias and Latios?

Movie 1 :: Mewtwo and Mew
    Movie 2 :: Lugia, Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres.
    Movie 3 :: Entei{Unknown DOES NOT count}
    Movie 4 :: Celebi and Suicune
    Movie 5 :: Latias and Latios
    Movie 6 :: Jirachi{Absol DOES NOT count.}
    Movie 7 :: Deoxys and Rayquaza
    Movie 8 :: Rukario and Mew
    Movie 9 :: Manafi and Kyogre

:: All Legendaries ::

Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Entei
    Raikou
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Celebi
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Latios
    Latias
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Diaruga
    Parukia
    Rukario
    Manafi

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Man look at it.

Does it look like a pokemon that would be worth capturing at level 40+ in a one off shot?

No. It looks like a pokemon which is the result of training and leveling up. So even if it was a legendary, it wouldn't be as awesome as a pokemon that you have to work at to get it's power up (like Tyranittar).

But itcould be an integral part to the game, like maybe you'll be able to battle Team Galaxy with it on your team, or you'd have to help it out in a double battle (like the one with steven).

Man I can't wait to get it >_<

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    Ok it's connected to mew, starters are usually not connected to legendary pokemon now are they? I'ts steel / fighting and steel is resistant to psychic moves.
    It can speak, would you see a talking starter pokemon?
    The gane is'nt even out yet and already we are thinking of a might be broken move: anticipate.
    It uses wave guiding wich allows it to predict what the opponent will do that's why it has detect and anticipate.
    Now i know lots of pokemon can predict the opponent but lucario is the only one not psychic.
    But then again lucario does have sucky stats as far as we know.

I say either it's gonna be a sucky uuber a la wobbuffet and deoxys-e, or the big 4 (metagross, tyranitar, gengar and salamence) is expanded to big 5.
    Either way i'm getting one.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
    Okay, I posted eariler, but here's my new idea:
    Lucario is a male legendary because the movie potrays him as male! It's so simple! Amazing!
    Formula for legendary:
    1. Cannot breed, even with Ditto.
    Wait a minute! That's it! Genders cannot count! Latios Latias
    (Doesn't that make Ditto a legendary)????
    Now, here's my other idea.
    Lucario is gendered according to your gender in the game. It would also have a 50/50 chance of having either ability.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ♥Nova♥ said:
    Also about him having a Gender? Uh Hello! Latias and Latios?

:: All Legendaries ::

Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Entei
    Raikou
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Celebi
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Latios
    Latias
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Diaruga
    Parukia
    Rukario
    Manafi

Uh Hello! Brother and Sister? No duh they'd have genders...but they had to, whereas Lucario didn't.

And who's to say that Unown AREN'T Legendaries (other than the fact that they're so easy to catch, but that's because there were so many different variations)? I mean, let's face it, the third movie was more based on Unown than Entei, and you can't tell me that the kind of power they had could belong to a non-Legendary.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    I still don't get what the point of Unown was. There's no mystery in the games. Just a bunch of chambers with mediocre items. Talk about disappointment.

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    I do not really consider them as legendary because legendary pokemon don't come with thousands, not even in the anime.

Back on topic: In 2 weeks the new corocoro comes out maybe that will give some answers.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Now look in the screenshots again. The trading ones. I'm too lazy to post the pictures myself, but you can find it on Serebii.net. So look at the one where Lucario and Pachirisu are being traded. In the corner of Lucario's trade box, there is a Masterball, which probably indicates that it was caught with a Masterball. He's obviously NOT a starter, because starters come in Pokeballs. The Masterball leads me to believe that he's like Mewtwo and Rayquaza because they were generally the Pokemon that were associated with the Masterball in the other games. AHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Now we see!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    someone1939 said:
    Now look in the screenshots again. The trading ones. I'm too lazy to post the pictures myself, but you can find it on Serebii.net. So look at the one where Lucario and Pachirisu are being traded. In the corner of Lucario's trade box, there is a Masterball, which probably indicates that it was caught with a Masterball. He's obviously NOT a starter, because starters come in Pokeballs. The Masterball leads me to believe that he's like Mewtwo and Rayquaza because they were generally the Pokemon that were associated with the Masterball in the other games. AHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Now we see!!!!

Or somebody just got so excited about seeing a movie star that they wasted their Master Ball. But of course Lucario isn't a starter. That much is common sense.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Wait a second. I'm gonna be contradicting myself here, but I heard that Lucario was catchable as a wild Pokemon in the D/P demos at Pokemon Jungle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    someone1939 said:
    Wait a second. I'm gonna be contradicting myself here, but I heard that Lucario was catchable as a wild Pokemon in the D/P demos at Pokemon Jungle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's odd, as far as iheard there were no catchable pokemon in that demo.
    But he was in that demo that much i know.
    BTW the more i look at lucario the less i want him to go uuber, i definitely using him in comptetitive play even if it would get the suckiest movepool and/or stats on earth.

Back