• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anyone have the game okami for the wii?

What do you think of okami?

• Love it!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Like it

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • hate it

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • I'm one of the few who played it and wasn't head-over-heels impressed.

It's a game of style over substance. It is gorgeous and looks phenomenal. The story is long and enjoyable. The characters are entertaining. The music is very fitting and well-done.

That's all great. You'll be very impressed. But I found the actual gameplay to be a let down. There are two or three fantastic dungeons. Absolutely massive and time consuming. I loved them. The boss fights? Also great. A lot of fun, very cool, and original.

However, all the other dungeons are very, very, very short with incredibly simple puzzles. You will breeze right through them.

That was a really let down to me. The game is sorta divided into three parts, and those three amazing dungeons act as bookends for each arc of the game. It's not that the other dungeons are poor in comparison to the good ones, it's that they just aren't good at all. Just found them very repetitive. Same thing with your moves. The Wiimote works very well as a paintbrush. However, the majority of your techniques are simply a circle. It's just really repetitive.

Speaking of repetition. You'll get a sick of facing the same boss over and over. It'll get to a point where you're taking no damage from the battle because you're completely know what's going to happen.

Overall, I found it to be an unbalanced game. What's good is really good, but what's bad is also really bad. The constant fluctuation in length and difficulty of the dungeons (short/simple, short/simple, long/difficult, short/simple, short/simple, long/difficult, short/simple, short/simple, long/difficult) is annoying. The arcs of the game are also very disjoint. Each could have been its own game (had the non-major dungeons been much better). And they all wrap up pretty nicely. And then they just...suddenly keep going.

I enjoyed it and glad I played. But I don't think I'll play it again. I really wanted to like it. I was really looking forward to it. I was really psyched to play it. And I just finished it realizing it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be or heard it would be.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I have to agree with Triforce 89, i played the PS2 version and i didn't like the controls at all.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Ive played it and beaten it on the wii. I never played the PS2 version though. I think that this game is great, and by far one of the best games on the wii. It can get boring playing it sometimes though.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I have it on Wii and never played the PS2 version, because I never wanted a PS2 ;D

I picked up Ōkami in GAME for £19.99 (brand new!) one day. It's absolutely beautiful and the controls are really good, especially the paintbrushing. The graphics are amazing and the storyline is great. I think you'll really enjoy it. It's a great game.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've never played it on the Wii, but I own the PS2 version, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's very stylistic, obviously, and the gameplay is EXTREMELY Zelda-like. It's just as good as Zelda games, and it even outdoes them in some respects (I enjoyed Okami more than Twilight Princess). Some of the dungeons are a bit simple, but the boss fights are great, manipulating the environment with the paintbrush is a really unique and interesting mechanic, and it's a bit more story and character oriented than Zelda games. The only real downsides are that the middle of the game drags just the slightest bit, sometimes the paintbrush controls aren't quite as responsive as you'd like them to be, and like Triffy said there is one boss fight that you have to go through three times throughout the game (the exact same fight).

Overall, it's an absolutely incredible game (ignore Triffy, he has no taste in games =p) and it's a shame that the game really didn't get the sales and attention that it truly deserved. Add that to the fact that Clover Studios disbanded, and it's unlikely that we'll ever get a sequel.

Years
  • I didn't like the game much.
    It was a beautiful game and nicely build, in my opinion.

But it didn't drag me in from the moment go.
    I played the PS2 version of the game.
    I have a Wii, but never bought that version.

I have heard a lot of good things so, I might invent on buying it again over the summer and giving it another chance.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've never played it on the Wii, but I own the PS2 version, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's very stylistic, obviously, and the gameplay is EXTREMELY Zelda-like. It's just as good as Zelda games, and it even outdoes them in some respects (I enjoyed Okami more than Twilight Princess). Some of the dungeons are a bit simple, but the boss fights are great, manipulating the environment with the paintbrush is a really unique and interesting mechanic, and it's a bit more story and character oriented than Zelda games. The only real downsides are that the middle of the game drags just the slightest bit, sometimes the paintbrush controls aren't quite as responsive as you'd like them to be, and like Triffy said there is one boss fight that you have to go through three times throughout the game (the exact same fight).

Overall, it's an absolutely incredible game (ignore Triffy, he has no taste in games =p) and it's a shame that the game really didn't get the sales and attention that it truly deserved. Add that to the fact that Clover Studios disbanded, and it's unlikely that we'll ever get a sequel.
    Why ignore me?

"It's very stylistic,"
    "Some of the dungeons are a bit simple,"
    "the middle of the game drags just the slightest bit"
    "sometimes the paintbrush controls aren't quite as responsive as you'd like them to be"
    "there is one boss fight that you have to go through three times throughout the game"

I said the same thing. Looks why we have the same taste in games :p

Yeesh. I think it's a good game. But, for all the talk I heard about it before playing it, I was little let down that's all. Sue me.

Like I said, I really love those few good dungeons. They were fantastic and better than most of what's in TP. But that wasn't the bulk of the game. :\

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I have it for the Wii, but haven't played much of it because the paintbrush controls are a little too fiddly for my liking. However, maybe that's just my Wii-mote (one of them has been fried by the charger I bought >_>; ), but from what I've played (a few hours' worth), it's pretty good. :P

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
  • Well I bought this game last week and i think its absolutely the best game i have ever played. yes ignore triforce, you dont have a good taste in games at all, whatsoever! or you just hate good games! i would rate this a 10 but some of the dungeons i must admit are alittle easy and short but all in all its a great game! And all you guys who havent played it on wii, check it out! its much better on the wii and easier with the paintbrush. and if you dont have the scanner bar close enough to your wii remote your brush will waggle a bit so get it close and accurate enough! then ALL the waggle is gone and perfectly smooth!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Well I bought this game last week and i think its absolutely the best game i have ever played. yes ignore triforce, you dont have a good taste in games at all, whatsoever! or you just hate good games! i would rate this a 10 but some of the dungeons i must admit are alittle easy and short but all in all its a great game! And all you guys who havent played it on wii, check it out! its much better on the wii and easier with the paintbrush. and if you dont have the scanner bar close enough to your wii remote your brush will waggle a bit so get it close and accurate enough! then ALL the waggle is gone and perfectly smooth!
    But....

You just said the same thing I did :\

Back