• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone Here Take Martial Arts?

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
  • I've been doing Karate for the past 15 months, I am currently a green belt, and I really enjoy it. I've been told I'm pretty good at it, and I want to teach it at some point in the future.

Hopefully I will get to my blue before the year is out. I have been progressing faster than is intended. I would also like to try Tae-Kwon-Do, but it's just having the funds and finding somewhere to learn it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I've been doing Karate for the past 15 months, I am currently a green belt, and I really enjoy it. I've been told I'm pretty good at it, and I want to teach it at some point in the future.

Hopefully I will get to my blue before the year is out. I have been progressing faster than is intended. I would also like to try Tae-Kwon-Do, but it's just having the funds and finding somewhere to learn it.

the place i went to if you were above a white belt, you were able to help the instructors teach the little kids

Years
  • I always wanted to, but don't have the money. I wish my mum had got me into it. I remember we got a flyer through the door advertising kids lessons for karate and she asked if I wanted to do it. I asked what it was, she described it as 'punching and kicking' and that kind of put me off. I was only about five anyway. She chucked it in the bin. The whole conversation lasted about 5 seconds, I wish I had tried it now.

I once tried something else, can't remember what it's called... and I was put in a class that was a mixture of children and adults, beginners and advanced, and we basically got taught the same things. I felt so mixed up and confused I didn't go back. Pretty much thrown in the deep end, very vague instructor (he never explained anything it was all just "copy me, do this, do that...") and no knowledge of the basics.

I'm looking in to find affordable lessons for something good elsewhere. But no luck so far. They're all pricy.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • ^^^^^

On the above post, i go to a class that is 100$ a month. Is that too pricey? I don't know what it would be, honestly, as there is a class right aroundthe corner of my house for 150$.

I took Tae Kwon Doe, Koreanstyle, but had to stop, as my other priorities took up too much time.

Years
  • ^^^^^

On the above post, i go to a class that is 100$ a month. Is that too pricey? I don't know what it would be, honestly, as there is a class right aroundthe corner of my house for 150$.

All the ones I can find are at least £40 a lesson... that's probably about $80 or so for just one session. The less pricy one (I think it was about £7-8 a lesson?) I could find was the one where I was thrown in the deep end with a bad instructor. I'm yet to find something else, but I know that there MUST be something better. So I'll keep looking.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I used to do Kung Fu, but I got quite ill with migraines a few years back so I stopped. I only reached Yellow Belt (No. 5), but I achieved 3rd Place in a regional sparring competition, and was top two sparrers in my class.

My friend and I were considering starting up again now we have less lessons, but I need my enthusiasm for it back.

Back