• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] Anyone Interested In Working On a Group RP?

1011 Potions

Monster Catcher and Hunter
Days
  • I'm here wondering if anyone wants to come up with ideas for a group roleplay! Romance, adventure, mystery, heck, maybe even time travel! Who knows? I just want to get a group of people together, whether on here or on Discord, and make a story we can all contribute to, and just have fun with!

For any info about me, I joined PMC about a week ago! I'm 16 (and so would prefer you were 14 - 18 for an age range,) and love to write and role play! I love to make the story as the role play goes on, and I am quite the literate writer! (Though I mirror my partners often.) I'd personally prefer if the role play involved Pokemon, say, like in Mystery Dungeon, rather than trainers! But I really don't have any rules. Oh, except for:

- No racism
    - No homophobia
    - And no NSFW!

I'd love to meet ya'll, and make a story with you! (Psst, pro tip, I'm great at role playing villains. :P)

1011 Potions

Days
  • Would you be interested in having a jolly, adventurous, fact-checking Gardevoir character in your group ?
    I'd love to have a jolly, adventurous, fact-checking Gardevoir! After all, I do need my facts checked once in a while. :P (Misinformation is rampant nowadays, and even in Pokemon with all the rumours goin' around.)

1011 Potions

Days
  • Ok! I look forward to see what you come up with! ^^
    An idea I had, and I'm not sure if it's been done before or if it entirely works, is plopping Pokèmon into a human like society. (Oh, before I explain the idea, the only reason there's an è is because I'm typing on my phone right now. Whenever I just use a regular e without the accent, it's because I recently switched from an Apple laptop to Lenovo, and have no idea how to give the è an accent.) Alright, anyways, let me further explain. Imagine a world without humans, and entirely made up of Pokèmon which can communicate to each other like in the PMD games, but it's set in a sort of modern world so they have access to all the modern day technology we have now. Y'know, like cars, and cities, and clothes. Guns as well, I guess, but considering Gardevoir can make a black hole I doubt Pokèmon would need such a weapon whatsoever.

1011 Potions

Days
  • Hm… That's a tough one… You pose a very good question. Who knows? How about all three!

Like a group of delinquent Pokèmon travelling the city in a grand adventure to solve a mystery, maybe the death of someone's friend, family, or loved one, and will be doing anything to solve it! (Even if it means a Dragonite using Hyper Beam. Speaking of which, are we sure Lance even has morals in GSC? Anyways, that's off topic.)

I'm just speculating here, though. What ideas do you have?

1011 Potions

Days
  • I don't have ideas yet. I thought you would, as the GM! ^^
    Well, as my post suggests, I want everyone to have a say in coming up with ideas for the rp! It's so much more fun when everyone chips in their own unique ideas to make something awesome! If you don't have any though that's okay. Also, do I reply too fast?

Days
  • i can't join a rp right now but i do have some ideas to share!

For the murder mystery idea one of the legendary bird Pokèmon is the victim. Players have to enter Mystery Dungeons gather clues and bring the killer (or kidnapper if murder is too much) to justice!

• The victim is an old friend to the killer who got along until something happens that brings murder.
    • The killer should be a psychic type Pokèmon. That Pokèmon can psychologically mess with the players by scrambling dungeons and brainwashing other Pokèmon!
    • The Pokèmon that are rescued from the dungeons give clues to solve the case! The clues may be completely false so some detective work is needed!
    • There could be 1 scenario where players capture a Pokèmon working for the killer and interrogate them good-cop-bad-cop style for answers!
    • If one of the Pokèmon decides to join the team you have to be careful that they don't work for the killer. Otherwise it's game over for one of the players!
    • And of course a massive battle showdown when the killer is revealed!

Looking forward to see where the rp goes!

Years
  • This looks neat!
    (*And I deleted it all by mistake... sigh*)

This gives me another idea : The Pokémon characters all gather in some place for an occasion, when a NPC played by the DM disappears! One (or two ?) of the players' characters is (are) the culprit(s), but only the DM and the related player(s) know that! The related player(s)' character(s) try and cover their tracks and frame one of the innocent's characters! While the innocent characters try and reveal the truth and keep their names clear!

Last edited:

1011 Potions

Days
  • i can't join a rp right now but i do have some ideas to share!

For the murder mystery idea one of the legendary bird Pokèmon is the victim. Players have to enter Mystery Dungeons gather clues and bring the killer (or kidnapper if murder is too much) to justice!

• The victim is an old friend to the killer who got along until something happens that brings murder.
    • The killer should be a psychic type Pokèmon. That Pokèmon can psychologically mess with the players by scrambling dungeons and brainwashing other Pokèmon!
    • The Pokèmon that are rescued from the dungeons give clues to solve the case! The clues may be completely false so some detective work is needed!
    • There could be 1 scenario where players capture a Pokèmon working for the killer and interrogate them good-cop-bad-cop style for answers!
    • If one of the Pokèmon decides to join the team you have to be careful that they don't work for the killer. Otherwise it's game over for one of the players!
    • And of course a massive battle showdown when the killer is revealed!

Looking forward to see where the rp goes!
    This looks neat!
    (*And I deleted it all by mistake... sigh*)

This gives me another idea : The Pokémon characters all gather in some place for an occasion, when a NPC played by the DM disappears! One (or two ?) of the players' characters is (are) the culprit(s), but only the DM and the related player(s) know that! The related player(s)' character(s) try and cover their tracks and frame one of the innocent's characters! While the innocent character try and reveal the truth and keep their names clear!
    These are all some really cool ideas. I think a Psychic type working as the killer is perfect! Maybe even something unexpected, like a cute Abra. And trying to keep their names clear while trying to solve the murder at the same time could make a stressful and intense role play, and I like that! A showdown would also be really cool. I loooooove combat role play, and have gotten most of my combat role play knowledge from a few Sonic role play servers on Discord.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, I know I'm like, a month late to this discussion, but I'd want to do something. Idk about mystery solving, but my own idea would be something like the games where my character is the human turned Pokemon protagonist. That's as far my idea goes, idk what the threat to the world or evil would be.

Back