• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone one else noticed this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2008
    Sorry if you already knew this but have you noticed that usally every japanese pokemon game has a glicth which really gives you advantages than the glicth free english version.I think that they add these on purpose to give japan a bonus and rub it in our faces.Do you think this?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Not really, since the glitch has been fixed the moment is was made public. Even in the Japanese version that follwed in production line.
    It was just an error in programming, nothing on purpose.

Ethan621

Wait, what?
    Years
    Absolutely not. The Japanese get the glitches because they get the game first. There's a gap between the Japanese and North American releases, the developers get a chance to hunt down more glitches, and the result is a less glitchy game for us.

If anything, WE get the better version. The North American versions are always more solid and reliable, and we usually turn to cheat devices like GameShark or Action Replay anyway, which is (usually) a safer option than relying on in-game glitches that no one intended to be there. As long as you use a cheat device and rely upon official codes, you're basically guaranteed that your game will survive the ordeal. Glitches, no so much.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Not entirely true. People using Action Replay GBA have had their item lists damaged. *shrug* But that's true for the most part. I plan to rely on ARDS, but only for getting the three items that will lead me to Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, and only because I'm not willing to hop on a plane to get them.

Years
    Sorry if you already knew this but have you noticed that usally every japanese pokemon game has a glicth which really gives you advantages than the glicth free english version.I think that they add these on purpose to give japan a bonus and rub it in our faces.Do you think this?
    i agree with you completely.

Ethan621

Wait, what?
    Years
    Not entirely true. People using Action Replay GBA have had their item lists damaged. *shrug*

If you use official codes the way they're supposed to be used, your game should be fine. Now, as for putting codes in willy nilly off of some random forum or cheat website, and doing 8000 at a time, thats when people get problems.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Absolutely not. The Japanese get the glitches because they get the game first. There's a gap between the Japanese and North American releases, the developers get a chance to hunt down more glitches, and the result is a less glitchy game for us.

Yep I agree with that, the U.S and other places have an advantage when it comes to hunting this stuff down

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Back