• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone speak/write fluent Japanese

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Yeah.... what the title says. I'm trying to write a pokemon fanfic in which one of my characters speaks mostly Japanese, but alas, I've only taken one year of it and there are just some things I haven't covered yet, so if I could get a reader or two as a beta to fix my glaring Japanese errors when I'm done writing...

Fic will be championshipping. Yes, everyone hates that pairing.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
There is another trouble if you are going to have a character speak Japanese besides making it 'fluent'.

Many of your readers will not know Japanese so you would need someone in the story to translate it to English for them.

In which case, saying she is speaking Japanese and still having the words be in English (since one or more of the characters may speak it to, or it is a common language in their area) may be a better idea.

Back