• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone want their fakemon in my game?

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
Years
  • So right now, for my game, the idea is that you are more of an adventurer than a trainer, and as such you will have a companion pokemon that is the only pokemon you will have throughout the game.

And to make it interesting, I thought maybe this could be a cool fakemon. And I could design it myself, but then I thought, what better way to make both games more legitimate and seem more canonical than to put a fakemon from another fan game in as your companion?

So I'm asking, would anyone want/let me put one of their fakemon in my game? I think it would be good for both games.

So if you have your own pokedex, show me it and I'll see if I like any of them, or if you have one you think would really fit, show it to me! It needs to be a pretty cool pokemon, not something jigglypuff-looking.

Thanks!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this thread is allowed.
    I think that the best way for you to get a fakemon would be to contact people privately, not through this thread. There are loads of great fakemon in games in the showase so have a look there.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Most people aren't going to offer things which they - or a member of their team - put a lot of work into making to someone with a brand new project.

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
    Years
  • Most people aren't going to offer things which they - or a member of their team - put a lot of work into making to someone with a brand new project.

I realize this, but believe me, I'm not asking this because I want to elevate my project with other people's talent. I just feel that it would be cool to tie-in between games, thus establishing a canon, or fanon if you will, where even fakemon exist across games, to raise the value of both. If anyone feels that I want to steal from their hard work creating their own pokémon, I will be happy to let them ignore this topic, and even my project altogether.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I do feel that once someone has completed a project, with fakemon in, and it has trickled down the pages then, if they aren't going to make another game, they should make their fakemon public. There's got to be some completed projects that people no longer need to keep the 'mon private in.

Back