• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Applications List

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Egg Swap
    Forever said:
    Egg Swap - to co-host with Kip. I have hosted literally 99% of egg swap events with Kip since egg swap started - that's over 10 swaps! Ultimately I would let Kip take the reigns as he has done before so well and I be the one that does the scoring / helps with decisions etc. He definitely wants to host! We have an alt account - ForeverKip. It's impossible for anyone to host egg swap without a neutral alt account.
    Kip said:
    Hiiiii

Sign me up for my usual staples - Egg Swap and PC Movie Night, same as the last two years ~

Nica is usually my co-host for Egg Swap, so if you could sign her up too I'd appreciate it. ^w^

HoTS / LoL
    tokyodrift said:
    I'd like to help host LoL and The movie night if possible!

PC Movie Night
    purplecicada said:
    hello frien i wanna host a movie night and will probs use rabbit or w/e so we can watch it. Would have to look into how exactly to do it. Also I'd get a vc going if that is necessary (in one of the channels available). Idk about movies - maybe a Disney night or horror movies or smth.
    tokyodrift said:
    I'd like to help host LoL and The movie night if possible!
    Kip said:
    Hiiiii

Sign me up for my usual staples - Egg Swap and PC Movie Night, same as the last two years ~

Nica is usually my co-host for Egg Swap, so if you could sign her up too I'd appreciate it. ^w^

Create An Ultra Beast
    Home said:
    USERNAME: Home
    EVENT: Create an Ultra Beast

I would like to host this. I would also like to benchmark the creation of the species with Smogon's FAKEMON Process.

First, we would start off with a concept for the Ultra Beast. What would we like it to be? Do we want a speedy mon like Kartana or a Stallmon like Celesteela? Or maybe something on the more natural side akin to Nihilego?

Then we would talk about the typing of the Ultra Beast. Do we want something unique (DRAGON GHOST) or something that have been done but would work well for a UB (FIRE FIGHTING?)

Then we would proceed to stats and ability, shaping the pokemon to fit in the Pokemon world lore-wise and ability-wise.

Then would come the simultaneous discussion for the movesets and the design.

Lastly, any other flavor necessity will come, like a Hidden Ability or Dex entries. Possibly also height and weight.

Each part of the process will undergo user submission and votation. Submission will last for one week, possibly Monday-Friday, and Votation will be happening during the weekends. Single voting only, unless needed.

Small Writing Contest

15 Years of PC History

Forever said:
    PC History - https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289112

I hosted the 10 year history and while Kura wasn't happy at the time Kura wss generally never happy with anything I did. I didn't end up posting the results which I realize now I should have but I crafted those questions and if given the chance now I can craft even better ones. As the results weren't revealed I could also reuse some of the more classic ones too.

Jackbox Party Pack Event

Pokemon Anime Caption Contest

iSketch

Smash Bros

Singing Contest

Scavenger Hunt

Who's That Pokemon
    Hikamaru said:
    I figured this would be a good event for me to host in the Get Together, since I have had a lot of experience with the Weekly Puzzles in Pokemon Trivia and my experience with the section as a whole. I can't think of a good idea for a puzzle yet, but I'll think of one after a while.

I've never hosted a GT event before, and this should finally be my time to do it.

Pokemon Game Trivia

Prettiest Profile Contest

Shared Save File Pokemon Playthrough

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • seems like a lot of people want to do the movie night, though I'd give it to Kip because of the fact that they've hosted it before. as for the egg swap, imo we might as well just give that to nica + kip right now, as they've hosted it since the beginning of the universe apparently.

any thoughts on the events w/ multiple applicants guys?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • For events with multiple applicants, can they co-host?

I think it depends on the event as well. e.g. Movie Nights are good to have multiple hosts to cover different timezones (depending on the applicants) and so everyone can host say 1-2.

And just a thought - since there are a lot of EOs and a decent amount of us on the Event Management team, to sort of spread the load across what if we had us each working with say 3-4 EOs for their events - so for example I would make sure the EOs for the first four events have their stuff all ready, I'd be their point of contact if they need help, would make sure everything is aligned to the theme, etc. Since there's like what, 8 of us, thinking about how we can spread the workload better. Then we could work out for the events that we're assigned to, whether to choose 1 applicant or choose a couple based on the individual events. idk just a thought

Charlie Brown

Years
  • i think we should set an application deadline so at that date we can choose people

and then for whatever's missing a host we can reopen just those ones, or headhunt for them

Charlie Brown

Years
  • are we good if i make a thread in the bulletin board updating the status (hullo there are still some events that need an EO!!!! here they are!! with a link to the original thread with more info) and setting a deadline of a week from now to apply for those ones?

i know you bumped the thread rainbow but its gone from the bulletin board updates box at the top / keeps getting knocked off the feedback & support box on the front page by other threads

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i don't want to do a deadline. as long as people are prepared to rush if needed, we should be accepting new EOs as late as necessary.

as for a new announcement I don't really think that's needed yet.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • for sure - but deadlines (even if not real deadlines) psychologically encourage people to do things earlier, and we should be aiming to organise things as early as possible to avoid unforeseen circumstances (e.g. something happens last minute for some organisers and no one else can handle it because they don't know what the event is about). so even though we can accept EOs till say the first week of sep, if we set a deadline that's earlier than that we can push people to apply earlier which we should be wanting regardless.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i'm fine with it personally
    if you do it make sure you link back to the main thread for the events list + details

+ got an application from Hikamaru that's in the OP, any issues w/ that?

Last edited:
    Back