• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen AR help needed here

ace557

Master Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    i just got it today and it won't let me search for codes that are to long to type in with the software and i need some for my pokemon sapphire game can someone help????

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    You'll need to upgrade your AR. To my knowledge, the ARs that are in the market do not include the ability to activate codes that are long. They also are unable to activate many moderately long codes at once. You should read the Upgrade Guide. You likely need to upgrade, even though you likely have AR v3.

Follow the instructions; if the program asks you to upgrade, then do so. I believe that v3.0-v3.2 cannot handle long codes while v3.3 can. That information should be added to the FAQ, since the Pok?mon games are the only GBA games (to my knowledge) that use codes that long.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Does the program give you an error message? Did you make sure to install the new software, and run the new software to receive the update? When I upgraded my AR from v3.0 to v3.3, I installed the new software to get the upgrade. Sometimes, that can be an issue for some PCs, and you need to install the new software before using the "Upgrade" button.

ace557

Master Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    um i didn't understand the instructions and i don't know how to do that

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    First off, you know that Action Replay CD that's slightly blackred that came with your AR? If you haven't already, stick that thing into your PC CD-drive and install the AR program.

Then, look for the black cable that looks like a link cable and should've come with your AR. Got it? Now take your AR, put some random game in it, then put it in your GBA or whatever, and turn the GBA on. Now get the aforementioned cable, stick one end into one of your USB ports, and the other into your AR. And don't ask which end is which, they only fit to one thing. And if the USB connector doesn't go in, it's upside down.

Now once you connect it, a little thingy should pop-up in the lower-right hand corner of your PC screen (assuming you have WinXP, not sure how the other versions work)(and if nothing pops-up, skip this paragraph) saying that new software has been detected or something. Now wait about ten seconds. If a window pops up asking for how you want to install this "new software", say you want to install it from a CD or something, and choose the drive where your AR cd is in, let it do the installation.

Now with everything still connected and the GBA turned on with the AR in it, open up the AR program you installed on your PC from the CD earlier. Make sure you're connected to the internet. Look near the upper-right hand corner of the program and click the "Upgrade" button. It should upgrade it. Once the upgrade process begins, LEAVE YOUR GBA AND ACTION REPLAY ALONE. Heck, leave the computer alone. DO NOT INTERRUPT THE UPGRADE PROCESS.

If it says something about "Error Connecting to AR" choose a different USB port to stick the other end of the cable in cause chances are someone screwed up on installing that USB port you chose. I find the USB ports in the back of the computer more reliable, even though the cable probably won't let you see your GBA since it's not long enough, but you don't have to do anything with your GBA while it's connected anyways.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Instead of using the CD software to click the "Upgrade" button, install the appropriate program located in the FAQ. Then, you can try using demonchaos916's instructions or those of the FAQ.

Back