• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
coolcobra77 said:
I finally got my FireRed rom working with advance map and mapped out my first map.

but here are my questions...

1. what are offset scripts (script offsets)and what do they affect?

1a. Can they help this map:Or is something else causing this?

1b. Another problem I have with this map is when I leave I come out of a diffrent door than I enter.

2. I'm trying to use ScriptEd but everytime I try to open it I get this error code:"Run-Time error 429, ActiveX componet can't create object.

1. Offset scripts are where the offset of the script is placed, you can find empty offsets in hex.

1a. Check to see if your border block is correct, if it isn't your border block just download another FR rom.

1b. That would depend on the warp you have done, make sure it goes into the right place, on the list of the names of the maps, most maps have 0."other no.", 0 = Map Bank and "other no." = Map.

P*O*K*E*H*A*X*E*R said:
I am using Advance Mart, and am trying to change an item into a masterball, however, there are only hex codes, and I can't figure out what they are.

So can you guide me to changing a item in a pokemart into a masterball?

Here is an ini with the names of the items: Download, just place it in the ini file that came with A-Mart.

xXscytherXx said:
That's not what I asked. You know when it says "Are you a boy or a Girl?" The sprite that shows up. Does anyone know how I can edit that? And the Prof. Oak sprite.

Either your rom is corrupt or there is no sprite shwing, check in Unlz.gba and see if there sprites aren't just blank, if not that your rom is corrupt.

Oh yeah, and Christos I am gonna answer some of the ones I know again :P

Mewten1

A Wanna Be Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2007
My Question:

1. How do you change the trainer back image?

Christos Answer:

1. With TLP or TileMolester. Search for the sprites and edit them.

Could you go into more detail please. Sorry but I need a little bit more of an explanation. Thanks.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Hey, what number on unLZ.gba is the start screen?

And, if I load my ROM with AMPLIFIER NOTHING happens (no errors, just nothing)

please help...

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Hey Christos, New Avatar :)
Looks cool, where's it from and who's it of?

(Sorry for being off topic)

Mewten1 said:
My Question:

1. How do you change the trainer back image?

Christos Answer:

1. With TLP or TileMolester. Search for the sprites and edit them.

Could you go into more detail please. Sorry but I need a little bit more of an explanation. Thanks.

Zels Tutorial in the Tuts section explains stuff like that very well. It even uses graphics :D
Zels Hopmemade Tutorials

Mewzard

yo mama says hi
Years
yeah does any1 have a mart editor that they would like 2 send me? yeah i had 1 but my damn cump got a virus and i had 2 clear all my data and i cant find a notha mart editor! HELP PLZ!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I have a rather dumb question:
Why isn't script editing easier? I mean when I first got into hacking, I thought it was just editing texts and stuff. I had no idea you had to edit numbers and junk. I wish there was someway we could just click a button that said, for example, "Give *insert pokemon* to Trainer", rather than,"054u580945u843 org#" (Just pressed buttons ^^)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
BlackDragonite said:
Hey, what number on unLZ.gba is the start screen?

And, if I load my ROM with AMPLIFIER NOTHING happens (no errors, just nothing)

please help...

What version are you hacking the Title Screen for?

ASHYLEGS said:
I have a rather dumb question:
Why isn't script editing easier? I mean when I first got into hacking, I thought it was just editing texts and stuff. I had no idea you had to edit numbers and junk. I wish there was someway we could just click a button that said, for example, "Give *insert pokemon* to Trainer", rather than,"054u580945u843 org#" (Just pressed buttons ^^)

Try using SSC: Download, find a blank offset in hex and put the offset after the org#, then place the script in a script editor and compile it to the rom. With ScriptEd, the rom has to be in the same location as ScriptEd.

Years
So hopefully someone knows :)
I am trying to make a pokemon shiny for my hack .
But for all i know there isn't a way .
But Zel did it in his hack , so there is a way to do it .. but how ?
Thnks anyway

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
So hopefully someone knows :)
I am trying to make a pokemon shiny for my hack .
But for all i know there isn't a way .
But Zel did it in his hack , so there is a way to do it .. but how ?
Thnks anyway

I think you mean you don´t know how to use the "shiny" Pokemon (I also think you work with PokePic^^)
You just have to tick "shiny" on the right of the window, to export it, to un-tick (!?) "shiny" and to import the right one.

I hope this helps^^

Years
Yes i know that trick xD but then the normal fase of that pokemon is shiny with those glitter things so that wont help :p
Zel did something that the pokemon will be shiny , but i need to know how :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
I wanted to change the colors of the grass and roof, could I do this in photoshop? If so how?

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
Yes i know that trick xD but then the normal fase of that pokemon is shiny with those glitter things so that wont help :p
Zel did something that the pokemon will be shiny , but i need to know how :(

you could hack the pallete so that the pokemon will always be shiny (in normal and shiny form) using a hex editor

I wanted to change the colors of the grass and roof, could I do this in photoshop? If so how?
you'd need to hack the pallete using a hex editor find the values for the grass and roof (in the right place)
apart from that, you'd also need to edit the wild grass' movement when you walk through it separately (but i don't know how to do that part)

~~~

Q:
there's a problem when i compile a script using scripted
the script itself is fine (it was checked in the scripts thread ^^)
but after i hit compile, rubikon pops up saying "error: overflow"

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Me again:

What number is the start screen from LeafGreen on unLZ.gba?

And, is there a program to change LG/FR Pokémon pics (without Pokepic and unLZ)

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
@harizard Ruler:
Nope, this numbers don`t work.

New Question: Is there a program to change EVERYTHING from a Pokémon (Attacks, Type, Name, and so on)?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Me again:

What number is the start screen from LeafGreen on unLZ.gba?

And, is there a program to change LG/FR Pokémon pics (without Pokepic and unLZ)

The easiest way is with unLZ to change the pokémon sprites.

@harizard Ruler:
Nope, this numbers don`t work.

New Question: Is there a program to change EVERYTHING from a Pokémon (Attacks, Type, Name, and so on)?

Pokémon Amplifier can change everything except the names. N-E-A can edit the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back