• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    Amplifier

PKMN Amplifier doesn't work for FR, so I need a program that edits what PKMN evolves into what. Is there any other alternative?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Hi, I need help my Trainer Battle Customizer comes up with a Run-time error do I need a certain file or something?

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    Well, INI files are files that end in .ini. The files are: Config.ini, Atacks.ini, Gyms.ini, Pokemons.ini. As you can see, the programmer doesn't know good english lmao. And jedite, threads in Hacking Groups are moderated, which you'd find out if you read the stickies, but that doesn't really belong here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Need Help with Poke Text I need to make the text length and code length longer than what it should be. Please my Start Menu will not work on my Hack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    I need :
    1)The sprite base,sprite colours.etc. data for spread
    2) If not that data then i need to know how to edit the pallete for overworlds
    3)The pallete for emerald for use in tile layer pro

Last edited:
    Years
    RSEFRLG Wild Pokemon

In my program wilded, i have support for r/b/g/s and i want to add support for all the advance games. i have no idea and can not find the area for the wild pokemon. i need the address for ALL the pokemon advance games. ty

{wtf, does a topic you post automatically go in here???}

Last edited:

Psychopatische_Alakazam

every time I try to import one of my one pokémon (fakémon) i get an error that says "the image is not indexed" do you know what this means
    (and yeah the pokémon has the same colors as the original one)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2006
    IPS files

I've noticed (when I've tried to download and use...) that all the (amazing) hacks that you guys have made are all in .IPS file format...

The problem is that I don't know how to use them. The VBA says that the files are unsupported and my program that writes the ROMs to a cart cannot do so.

Does anybody know how I can open your files?

Years
    download elite map and use lips.exe and open the .ips file with that and patch it to the specified rom. ;)

Darkdata

15 year old me was an idiot.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    Small empty promise...
    Read the sticky or die!

A bit dramatic but im sick of <Bla bla bla> Ips <bla>

Years
    it would be nice if you used the search function criptexa. yeah it is if you are extremely knowledgable about gba roms (mainly pokemon). just look around. also, dark data who are you talkin to? i didnt break any rules by helpin someone? sorry if u werent talkin to me. ((I still need to know the wild pokemon data for pokemon ruby))

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
    Palette question=3

In the intro(Where Prof. Birch talks) witch black-palette is the correct palette for the background? I know palette hacking so that's no trouble...

One more question... In hex workshop, how do you load a table-file? Should the table file just be in the same folder as the ROM?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Psychopatische_Alakazam said:
    every time I try to import one of my one pokémon (fakémon) i get an error that says "the image is not indexed" do you know what this means

First go to unLZ and find the sprite you want.Select save as and save it.Then open the saved pokemon sprite.Erase the other sprite first.With the pick color tool from paint do the background the same as before.Now paste the other pokemon you want to replace and make sure the background is the same as before.If the sprite you pasted hasn't got the same colors as the one you wanted to paste then paste the sprite before you change the background to green (or something else,most pics havr green background)

Pierrot.

Pokémon Gainsboro and Rose.
    Years
    • Age 117
    • Seen Nov 4, 2006
    Edited the text in A-Text and saved, re-patched the ROM with LIPS, now when I try to play the ROM in VBA, I get this error message, sorry about the kinda-bad quality pic.

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
    Your colour problem=3

Psychopatische_Alakazam said:

You must use Palette hacking! It's not as hard as it sounds like:D
    What you need:
    --------------------
    Hex Workshop(Or other hex editors, i prefer this one)
    VBA(That i expect you have *LOL*)
    --------------------
    Let's say you have inserted your Pokèmon. First goto a scene where you see your fakemon(that has the wrong color). Goto Tools>Palette whiewer.
    In the Palette Whiewer you'll see lotsa colors. When you see the colors that you're sure are the palette of your Pokèmon(It will be in the "Sprite:" part. Click on the first palette and you'll see some numbers in "Value:".
    It will show the color like this: 0x0F3C(this is just an example). Remove the 0x and do this:
    0F3C
    3C0F
    Switch the two numbers in the value. Example:
    7FE0 turns into E07F.

Write down all the colorcodes of your sprite(Example: Like this:3C0F0F3CE07F530EO600) in a notepad.
    Then open your Hex editor and go to Edit where you will see "Find". Open that and write down the code. Search and find, when/if you find it go back to VBA and search the game(go to different levels and open the Palette Whiewer). When you see the perfect palette for your Fakemon, look at the first colorcode in the palette and translate it(Remember: 507A=7A50) then just replace the palettes you have found in the Hex editor code by code. I hope this helps you, good luck and keep on hackin' =3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back