• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • w_rink_ly said:
    Hi I was wondering whether it is possible to edit the foorprints of pokemon which you see in the pokedex. If so, how? Also, does anyone know how to change the cry of the Azurill you see in the introduction of the game? If someone knows the offset in hex that would also be helpful.
    If you don't tell us the game you need the offsets for, there is like no real way we could help you.
    However, you should be able to locate Azuril's Pokémon value byte in the intro routine, by searching one of the text pointers, for the texts that are said before or after the Azuril is sent out. Then just keep looking for the 2-byte value of Azuril around that offset. (Either forwards or backwards, depends on which text-pointer you followed.)

As for the footprints, they can not be found with TLP in standard GBA mode.
    Nor was I able to find them in unLZ-GBA, so they have probably used a different format to save the footprints in, other than 4bpp.

riothemaster said:
    how do i edit the starters in pokemon firered europe(v1.1) rom with a hex editor and add it to the rom
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61529

The offsets will differ from the ones mentioned in the tutorial, though, as you are using a 1.1 version. So you will have to adjust them.

drem said:
    i have found à bug in dexter, i have found the offsets for my language emerald (french) and i'm sure for this, but, dexter do not work only with ruby/sapphire roms, if one can create an emerald dex tool, or modify the code source of dexter (found in elite map) : these is à screen for the differnce enter emeral and ruby/sapphire :
    Seeing that you already have found the Pokédex offsets, you can easily edit the data with a Hex-Editor, instead of having to wait for a fix being made to Dexter.

The structure for the data is as follows:
    Code:
    [Pokémon Type Name (11 bytes)][FF][Size (2 bytes) / reversed][Weight (2 bytes) / reversed][Pointer to description on Page 1 (4 bytes)][Pointer to description on Page 2 (4 bytes)][0000][Comparsion Size (Pokémon) (2 bytes) / reversed][Comparsion position (Pokémon) (2 bytes) / reversed][00][Comparsion Size (Player) (2 bytes) / reversed][Comparsion position (Player) (2 bytes) / reversed]

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Hmmm

Which safe programs can be used to edit the Pok'edex and Pok'emon names?

Thanks,
    HRBEK.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • HRBEK said:
    Which safe programs can be used to edit the Pok'edex and Pok'emon names?

Thanks,
    HRBEK.
    There are no such things as "safe programs".
    Every program can corrupt something in your ROM if it's used in a wrong way.

The reccomended method to edit texts in a ROM (including names) is a Hex-Editor + Table file.
    The only thing you have to watch while doing that, is to not exceed the character limit. (11 chacaters for Pokémon names.)
    When loaded the ROM you want to edit and the specific Table file, just search for the text you want to change, and change it to what you want it to be.

If you are not able to work with a Hex-Editor properly yet, you can also use N-E-A to change the Pokémon names.
    However, the Hex method is more reccomended.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    All 4 deoxys in 1 game

I'm sorry if this belongs in the simple questions, but I don't think it's a simple question (unless the tools are updated), and that thread is full of errors (yesterday the whole site was full of errors, it starts to become normal, luckily, I have dispatched an e-mail to the technical staff if wondering), meaning I can't post it there and can't read it there.

How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game? I first tried with scizz' tutorial (changing picture, changing base stats, changing attacks, changng name), but the programs allowing me to change base stats and to change attacks (baseedit and pokemon amplifier) don't work on pokemon emerald (I followed to steps to make them work: no success!).

Pokédrome and the site with the latest ini for baseedit don't work as well (page cannot be found, something tells me pokémon hates me because the pokémon sites I need work rubbish (this one) or not at all and the hack programs don't work correctly :P).

So it all suddenly becomes very hard I think: How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game (Emerald)???

Thanks for helping (I already say so I don't have to post another message, only telling a pointless thanks :P I hate spam).

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    I'm sorry if this belongs in the simple questions, but I don't think it's a simple question (unless the tools are updated), and that thread is full of errors (yesterday the whole site was full of errors, it starts to become normal, luckily, I have dispatched an e-mail to the technical staff if wondering), meaning I can't post it there and can't read it there.

How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game? I first tried with scizz' tutorial (changing picture, changing base stats, changing attacks, changng name), but the programs allowing me to change base stats and to change attacks (baseedit and pokemon amplifier) don't work on pokemon emerald (I followed to steps to make them work: no success!).

Pokédrome and the site with the latest ini for baseedit don't work as well (page cannot be found, something tells me pokémon hates me because the pokémon sites I need work rubbish (this one) or not at all and the hack programs don't work correctly :P).

So it all suddenly becomes very hard I think: How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game (Emerald)???

Thanks for helping (I already say so I don't have to post another message, only telling a pointless thanks :P I hate spam).
    Since it is currently not known what values determine the type of Deoxys in Emerald, you will have to insert each type manually. (unLZ-GBA method)
    Currently, there is one version of Pokémon Amplifier that allows you to edit the Stats of Pokémon and a lot more in Emerald.
    You can download it here.

Har D Har said:
    Are there any tools to hack Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga? because I REALLY think there should be one to do my hack, Red & Blue Goomba's:Supersmash Saga.
    To make it short: No. There are no tool to hack that game yet.
    However, the default tools like TLP, and a Hex-Editor should make it possible to edit some things of it.

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • How do I change the PokeGear Map in gold? and, how do i change Trainer Battles, Hoenn Map, and Town names in emerald?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Hiroki said:
    How do I change the PokeGear Map in gold? and, how do i change Trainer Battles, Hoenn Map, and Town names in emerald?
    The World Map of Pokémon Gold can be changed by using Spacy's World Map Editor.

The rest of your questions have already been asked and answered before, so I won't go into detail again.

Trainer Battles: PET, TrainerBattleCustomizer XP, Advance-Battle, Hex-Editor
    Hoenn Map: Cyclone + unLZ-GBA + Hex-Editor
    Town names: Advance-Map, Advance-Text, Hex-Editor + Table file.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Scizz said:
    Since it is currently not known what values determine the type of Deoxys in Emerald, you will have to insert each type manually. (unLZ-GBA method)
    Currently, there is one version of Pokémon Amplifier that allows you to edit the Stats of Pokémon and a lot more in Emerald.
    You can download it at.

To make it short: No. There are no tool to hack that game yet.
    However, the default tools like TLP, and a Hex-Editor should make it possible to edit some things of it.
    I wanted to post this yesterday, but I had errors again. Is it just me and does internet not wants me on this site (I don't have problems on other sites), or is it something else?

Anyway, since I don't understand a bit about hex, and I really want to give the deoxys versions their correct attacks and ablity as well (I don't mind if I must give it more moves, I just let him learn some random moves on lvl 100 then), I have some more questions:

How do I change the attacks and the ability of venusaur, charizard and blastoise in the correct ones from firered deoxys, leafgreen deoxys and R/S deoxys with hex? Also, what are the numbers of the sprites from R/S to leafgreen and firered (moving sprite as well, emerald sprite excluded) in unlz-gba? (last question has least priority, I can take the time and find it myself)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    I wanted to post this yesterday, but I had errors again. Is it just me and does internet not wants me on this site (I don't have problems on other sites), or is it something else?

Anyway, since I don't understand a bit about hex, and I really want to give the deoxys versions their correct attacks and ablity as well (I don't mind if I must give it more moves, I just let him learn some random moves on lvl 100 then), I have some more questions:

How do I change the attacks and the ability of venusaur, charizard and blastoise in the correct ones from firered deoxys, leafgreen deoxys and R/S deoxys with hex? Also, what are the numbers of the sprites from R/S to leafgreen and firered (moving sprite as well, emerald sprite excluded) in unlz-gba? (last question has least priority, I can take the time and find it myself)
    You don't understand a bit of Hex, but want the structure of the attacks and abilities so you can change them in Hex? That's kind of contradicting. =P
    Anyway, the structure of the learned attacks of a Pokémon is build up as follows:
    Code:
    [Attack (1 byte)] [Level (1 byte)]
    If a Pokémon learns more than 1 attack, the above structure will be repeated for every attack that is learned.

The structure for the abilities of a Pokémon is build up like this:
    Code:
    [HP Value (1byte)][Attack Value (1 byte)][Defence Value (1 byte)][Speed Value (1 byte)][Special Attack Value (1 byte)][Special Defence Value (1 byte)][Type #1 (1 byte)][Type #2 (1 byte / same as #1 if 00)][Rarity Value (1 byte)]["Experience Gained" Value (1 byte)] [Effort Values (1 byte / 2 bits: HP, Att, Def. Spd)][Effort Values (1 byte / 2 bits: Sp.Att, Sp.Def)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Male:Female Ratio (1 byte / (255/100)*Value=Male %)[Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Level Up Value (1 byte)][Egg Type #1 (1 byte)][Egg Type #2 (1 byte / Same as #1 if 00)][Ability (1 byte)][Ability #2 (1 byte / 00 if none)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)]
    However, it's a lot of work changing it by Hex, since you have to go to the specific offset of a Pokémon, and go through the structure byte for byte, to change it the way you want.
    The easier method is to use the Pokémon Amplifier version I liked to you.

The unLZ-GBA numbers for the Deoxys sprite are the following:
    Ruby: 1231
    Fire Red: 1440
    Leaf Green: 1442
    Emerald: 741 / 1809

You can easily find them by scrolling through the Pokémon sprites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    I'm sorry for the double post, but when I tried and edit it I got locked out of the site for several hours, because of errors etc.

Anyway, I had another question I wanted to ask some hours ago:

The first one is:
    I found out you can change attacks with pokemon amplifier and many, many more things (I thought it would be like the other versions, only changing stats). The problem is, when I go to that (in the menu, when I click on 'Amplifier 2006 Ae' which is only available after loading a rom), I can't save my changes I make! Like, I change Venusaur's stats to Deoxys' stats, but when I close and reopen (I clicked on every button possible, trying to save), the stats are reset! How do I save the changes I make?

The second:
    When I go to 'Amplifier 2006 Ae', the attacks etc. (when I change) are German. I don't understand German at all, and when I translate with Babelfish I get either not a translation, or a name I don't find at all (so I probably need another version of the word). Is there anywhere a list which those translation, or can someone translate these things into German:

pressure
    leer
    wrap
    night shade
    teleport
    knock off
    pursuit
    psychic
    snatch
    cosmic power
    recover
    psycho boost
    hyper beam
    taunt
    superpower
    zap cannon
    spikes
    snatch
    iron defense
    amnesia
    recover
    counter
    mirror coat

Thanks

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    I'm sorry for the double post, but when I tried and edit it I got locked out of the site for several hours, because of errors etc.

Anyway, I had another question I wanted to ask some hours ago:

The first one is:
    I found out you can change attacks with pokemon amplifier and many, many more things (I thought it would be like the other versions, only changing stats). The problem is, when I go to that (in the menu, when I click on 'Amplifier 2006 Ae' which is only available after loading a rom), I can't save my changes I make! Like, I change Venusaur's stats to Deoxys' stats, but when I close and reopen (I clicked on every button possible, trying to save), the stats are reset! How do I save the changes I make?

The second:
    When I go to 'Amplifier 2006 Ae', the attacks etc. (when I change) are German. I don't understand German at all, and when I translate with Babelfish I get either not a translation, or a name I don't find at all (so I probably need another version of the word). Is there anywhere a list which those translation, or can someone translate these things into German:

Thanks
    Your two problems can be solved in the Options dialog.
    Click on the "Options" icon in the Wizard's toolbar. (The Hammer and Wrench icon under the "Amplifier" logo.)
    There, you uncheck the box that is labeled "Autosave", and check the box that is labeled "Dynamic lists".

Now, when you load the Amplifier, all Names will be displayed in English.
    Additionally, a translation of the Attacks can be found here.

To save the changes you made, you just have to click on the red CD in the Amplifier window, next to the Pokémon selection box.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Help with buus fury rom (not asking for it)

I dont know if any one has it. But when I go to get in grand kais. Mansion, it goes "the game will not run on this software".

Okay, what does that mean. And what am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    In the VBA Do this before loading the Rom file-
    Change the savestate to 128K instead of 64K and also change it to EEPROM instead of Automatic with should be under Options> Emulator.

It should work I had this trouble too.

Amoblaz

Quester
    Years
  • Pokemon sprites

I dont know if this should in go here, but i think it does.

Does anyone have a ZIP or RAR file with all Pokemon game sprites from RS, or FR/LG in it?

Thanks

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • enyce said:
    I dont know if any one has it. But when I go to get in grand kais. Mansion, it goes "the game will not run on this software".

Okay, what does that mean. And what am I doing wrong?
    As said before, you have to set your Emulator's Savetype to "Flash 128k" and "EEPROM".
    Then delete your Savegame afterwards and start over again. (There is no way you can continue using your old Savegame, unless you saved some progress in the game using VBA's integrated Savestate feature.)

Amoblaz said:
    I dont know if this should in go here, but i think it does.

Does anyone have a ZIP or RAR file with all Pokemon game sprites from RS, or FR/LG in it?

Thanks
    Simply load your R/S or FR/LG ROM in RS-Ball, and click the "Dump GFX" button.
    This will extract all Trainer/Pokémon sprites into a directory called "pics".
    Alternatively, you can also save every trainer and Pokémon image manually with unLZ-GBA.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    I need Trainer Battle Customizer

Can't find it anywhereee, and the creator's site is down :( anyone have Trainer Battle Customizer, for gold/silver? ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back