• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2007
    Hiya i was just wonderin what tools can i use that are english coz they're all foreign languages

plz assist

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    i need help with a script for ruby when you click on the bag to get your first poekmon i want it to give you 2 instead of 1 becuase im making a duel battle only ruby with some other changes but any way i have advance map but i dont know crap about scirpting(at least with pokemon) and i also would not know where to put it in advancedmap plz help

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well sweetie, did ya repoint the sprite or something, before copying the sprite? Use RS Ball, or PokePic to see if you can still see it, sweetie.

In PokePic, when I insert it and do the whole write to rom thing, I go back to the sprite later, and all that's there instead of the back sprite is black. But you don't really need to help anymore. I just used a previous copy that still had the sprite. But now, yet again, I have another problem. I finally got PokeCry to work, but the cry just turns out to be a static-y sound. It works when I use other WAVs, so I don't know the problem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Advance Text Question

1. I've checked around for the answer, can't find it.

How do you change the other messages of people? (I.E the people in Oldale Town). I can only edit the text of people in Littleroot, for some reason. It only shows them all for Firered.

2. Also, just to save me some time, I have another question about Advance Map.

When I click "New Map" It says it was created, but I don't see it anywheres.

3. Again... Another question. How do you change the sprites of Pokémon? (Without using hexes and whatever. XD) It it's a program, please make sure it's english.. I don't know Dutch and Spanish.

4. How do you change the stats of Pokémon?

5. How do you add Pokémon? (There's 386 Pokémon. I want to add more.)

Thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    showbiznine said:
    is there any way to have more than one region like in gsc and you can take a train or surf between them.

I think you need you change the warps to take the train. You can also just edit and make new connections between them to use surf.

weedrew2k7 said:
    Hiya i was just wonderin what tools can i use that are english coz they're all foreign languages

plz assist

For Hacking R/B/Y: Redmap, Poketext (R/B Only)

For hacking G/S/C: GoldMap(G/S only), Poketext(G/S only), GS Sprite Editor(G/S only), CrystalMap (Crystal Only).

For hacking R/S/E/FR/LG: AdvanceMap, Advance Text, Spread, Pokepic

These are rom hacking tools in english, they are the main ones anyway.

Cless said:
    1. I've checked around for the answer, can't find it.

How do you change the other messages of people? (I.E the people in Oldale Town). I can only edit the text of people in Littleroot, for some reason. It only shows them all for Firered.

2. Also, just to save me some time, I have another question about Advance Map.

When I click "New Map" It says it was created, but I don't see it anywheres.

3. Again... Another question. How do you change the sprites of Pokémon? (Without using hexes and whatever. XD) It it's a program, please make sure it's english.. I don't know Dutch and Spanish.

4. How do you change the stats of Pokémon?

5. How do you add Pokémon? (There's 386 Pokémon. I want to add more.)

Thank you.

1. Try learning how to use a hex editor, you can change text using hex editor. Make sure you get the codes for the letters of the text.

2. That would depend on what you call it. I think it has to be a new map on a town or route that exists, but I think you have to design or map what you want on the map then click insert map to insert the map.

3. Try using Spread or Pokemon Overworld Editor.

4. For changing stats use Pokemon Amplifier or Base edit.

5. Don't think you can add new Pokemon, you could with alot of repointing of text in an hex editor. But I would not know how to do that myself.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I have tried to insert tiles from treecko's Lv.100's Moon/Sun (Kyledove has said they can be used) but when i insert them from saving from pokemon Moon then loading in my hack it doesn't look as good is there a way to sort this out

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Shiny_Latios said:
    I have tried to insert tiles from treecko's Lv.100's Moon/Sun (Kyledove has said they can be used) but when i insert them from saving from pokemon Moon then loading in my hack it doesn't look as good is there a way to sort this out

Try using AdvanceMap to insert the tiles, I reckon it is easier.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

That's because Moon/Sun hasn't got the same palettes as R/S/E. If you want the tiles you have to change the palettes to the ones Pkmn Moon has.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years

you have to change the paletts of tilesets if you want tiles like treecko have

christos said befor me :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    1. Try learning how to use a hex editor, you can change text using hex editor. Make sure you get the codes for the letters of the text.

2. That would depend on what you call it. I think it has to be a new map on a town or route that exists, but I think you have to design or map what you want on the map then click insert map to insert the map.

3. Try using Spread or Pokemon Overworld Editor.

4. For changing stats use Pokemon Amplifier or Base edit.

5. Don't think you can add new Pokemon, you could with alot of repointing of text in an hex editor. But I would not know how to do that myself.

Hopefully this helps.

I see. Thanks. Do you know where I can find these programs?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I need a little help concerning a new feature for my hack. I'm going to try to make it so that you can travel to the other 3 regions (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn) and collect their badges. But I have a few problems. First, I how can I make entirely new maps in Advance Map without having to edit an existing one. When I create a map, it says it was created, but I can find it anywhere in Advance Map. And also, I can't add Wild Pokemon to these new maps, and the Header view is limited to just the tileset. My second concern is how to add more badges. I need to make 32 badges in total, and I don't know how to add more. My third problem is how to add new Trainers. Since there's going to be a total of 4 regions to travel in, I need to make a lot of Trainers. I would greatly appreciate any help!

I also have another question. It's not really a problem. I just want to know something. How come most people here prefer Hex-Editors to edit text over Advance-Text, which is much easier?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2007
    okay so i checked the entire thread and no one seemed to have asked this yet....i'm srry if someone asked this and i somehow missed it...

okay so i know that scizz already said that it is possible to copy script from R/B/Y or G/S/C and put it into an advance generation game......what i want to know is if theres a program for that and can someone point me to the site

thnx in advance

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Okay, I searched the thread, and I saw this question but it wasn't answered.

Now, I made my script, and compiled it successfully, and I set that script to a sign. But it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the script, or what. For future, reference, here's the script I'm using.

Code:
    #org 0x800100
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x800100
    = City Gym

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    I need a little help concerning a new feature for my hack. I'm going to try to make it so that you can travel to the other 3 regions (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn) and collect their badges. But I have a few problems. First, I how can I make entirely new maps in Advance Map without having to edit an existing one. When I create a map, it says it was created, but I can find it anywhere in Advance Map. And also, I can't add Wild Pokemon to these new maps, and the Header view is limited to just the tileset. My second concern is how to add more badges. I need to make 32 badges in total, and I don't know how to add more. My third problem is how to add new Trainers. Since there's going to be a total of 4 regions to travel in, I need to make a lot of Trainers. I would greatly appreciate any help!

I also have another question. It's not really a problem. I just want to know something. How come most people here prefer Hex-Editors to edit text over Advance-Text, which is much easier?

for the maps you gota select create new map and choose setting because these can be changed easily after , then go to file -> map -> insert map , a small box will appear and there wil be aloada boxes and stuff, go to the very bottom and on the left hand side there wil be a list of map banks , either select the bank you would like to put it in or create a new bank , after that change the amount of reserved maps to 1 and click create and insert , hope that helps ya,

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    for the maps you gota select create new map and choose setting because these can be changed easily after , then go to file -> map -> insert map , a small box will appear and there wil be aloada boxes and stuff, go to the very bottom and on the left hand side there wil be a list of map banks , either select the bank you would like to put it in or create a new bank , after that change the amount of reserved maps to 1 and click create and insert , hope that helps ya,

There's a slight problem with that. I can find the map an all, but the name is the same name as the map I last went to (which was called SAPPHIRE TOWN), and when I change the name, it also changes the name of the original SAPPHIRE TOWN map. And I know there's a Create New Names option, but it is grayed out and I can't click on it.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Oh hi!

I just want to ask (I've searched, found the question - FR styled, but no one answered), how do I edit the LG title screen Venusaur to something other, because I think that UnLZ is the best way to do, but as I saw the picture, I've changed my mind. I'll show you why.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Anyone helps me?

EDIT: Or at least offset in TLP. I' trying to search, but still nothing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back