• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    You need to add the "pause" command.
    If the movement is one step it'll be "pause 0x10"

Code:
    [B]Example[/B]

#org 0x800000
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800100
    pause 0x10
    end

#org 0x800100
    #raw 9 'Up2
    #raw FE 'Exit

Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...:(

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...:(

I tried it and it worked for me, the player moved one step up.
    Try compiling the script again.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    How do you do you create an offset for the scripts you make in ScriptEd? And could someone maybe tell me how to make the scripts? Please, I really need help for this to make my hack.

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years
  • You need to add the "pause" command.
    If the movement is one step it'll be "pause 0x10"

Code:
    Example

#org 0x800000
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800100
    pause 0x10
    end

#org 0x800100
    #raw 9 'Up2
    #raw FE 'Exit

Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...

hey dude! I believe I can help

Did you put the vars in your script in AdvanceMap- use 50 & 40.

Ok,Try this.Goto Events view in AdvanceMap,then goto script -You must put in the Var number - 50 & 40,Var Value 03 & 00

I hope that helps!

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years
  • How do you do you create an offset for the scripts you make in ScriptEd? And could someone maybe tell me how to make the scripts? Please, I really need help for this to make my hack.

You must search for the offsets with Hex Editor.Then write the script(please read the hello world tutorial in elitemap)then you compile it with diamond cutter

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    You must search for the offsets with Hex Editor.Then write the script(please read the hello world tutorial in elitemap)then you compile it with diamond cutter

Could you give me some programs that are Hex Editors? And isn't there already a compile button in ScriptEd to do that?

And also, when I typed in the name of the ROM I'm using and clicked on the .rbc file that I needed, but when I clicked OK, I got a Runtime Error '53' File not found. Please, I need help!

Last edited:

cyberpsygen7

galactic emperor of permaverse
    Years
  • at long last i have taught myself how to text hack (with an assist from jeremy on the tbl file) but i keep corrupting my rom. i was able to change proffesor oak's name to fag in all occurences just fine and it loaded in my vba. everything else i try to do gives me a white screen when i go to load it in vba. what things could i somehow accidently do in translhex nearly every single time to cause this crap? what special rules and procedures am i in the dark on?

my advance mart and advance text give me errors if i attempt to open them, im sure its the same common problem that everyone has all the time, so what extra file do i need to download to make those suckers open up properly?

im mapping in advance map and already have surf and/or walk paths added that will let my bypass every dungeon (or get to them early hehe). shouldnt there be a readme file included in it that says what each movement code is though? i figured out simply by looking at it that 1 is cant pass, 4 is surf, and C is normal walking. what are the other ones?

im going to try my hand at rsball and see how hard making brand new pokemon is while i wait for an answer, at this rate in another week i will be good enough to answer questions instead of just spamming begs for them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How do you do you create an offset for the scripts you make in ScriptEd? And could someone maybe tell me how to make the scripts? Please, I really need help for this to make my hack.

Could you give me some programs that are Hex Editors? And isn't there already a compile button in ScriptEd to do that?

And also, when I typed in the name of the ROM I'm using and clicked on the .rbc file that I needed, but when I clicked OK, I got a Runtime Error '53' File not found. Please, I need help!

Search for empty offset with a hex editor. You can find some hex editors here.
    The .rbc file and the ROM mustn't have any spaces in the name and they have to be in the same folder as ScriptED.

Ok,Try this.Goto Events view in AdvanceMap,then goto script -You must put in the Var number - 50 & 40,Var Value 03 & 00

I hope that helps!

If w_rink_ly meant that then yeah. Try different Var numbers for the trigger until you get it to work.

cyberpsygen7 said:
    at long last i have taught myself how to text hack (with an assist from jeremy on the tbl file) but i keep corrupting my rom. i was able to change proffesor oak's name to fag in all occurences just fine and it loaded in my vba. everything else i try to do gives me a white screen when i go to load it in vba. what things could i somehow accidently do in translhex nearly every single time to cause this crap? what special rules and procedures am i in the dark on?

my advance mart and advance text give me errors if i attempt to open them, im sure its the same common problem that everyone has all the time, so what extra file do i need to download to make those suckers open up properly?

im mapping in advance map and already have surf and/or walk paths added that will let my bypass every dungeon (or get to them early hehe). shouldnt there be a readme file included in it that says what each movement code is though? i figured out simply by looking at it that 1 is cant pass, 4 is surf, and C is normal walking. what are the other ones?

im going to try my hand at rsball and see how hard making brand new pokemon is while i wait for an answer, at this rate in another week i will be good enough to answer questions instead of just spamming begs for them.

For Advance text you need comctl32.ocx. Google for it.

For AM's movements, just look at maps and you'll figure out what they do.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    The .rbc file and the ROM mustn't have any spaces in the name and they have to be in the same folder as ScriptED.

I tried that, and I still got the error. (Oh, and I forgot to mention that it happened in DiamondCutter.) My other question is how do you make events happen in a certain order? Like in Ruby and Sapphire, you can't go to Dewford with Mr. Briney until you complete the Team Aqua/Magma event in Rustboro.

And I have a noob-ish question. I opened the Thingy program. It asked me for the ROM name. I typed it in and pressed enter. Then it asked me for the table. Here's the question: What is a table?

Last edited:

cyberpsygen7

galactic emperor of permaverse
    Years
  • i searched around through hundreds of posts and found out what i was doing to the text to junk it up. apparently you arent supposed to add more letters than you take out and you have to leave blanks if u put in less. so im gtg with text and map editing now. im going to learn pokemon creation and then scripting, so i should be ready to join a hack team by next weekend as a slave laborist.

i will google that file right now, thanks alot.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024

I hope that helps!

Thnx I tried that. Unfortunately still no luck. Let me tell you in detail what I've done: I open up the Littleroot map in AdvanceMap 1.82 and move one of the existing scripts to a different spot. Then i change its script offset to $800000 (the offset of the script Christos gave me). Then I make sure that the var number is 50 40 and the var value is 03 00. When I open the game and walk over the script nothing happens whatever direction i come from. I tried using different values for the var number and var value but still nothing. I guess I should just keep tryin different values till it works. What is var number and var value anyway? Thanks for helpin me Christos and ash2000!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Can someone please tell me how to script steb by step?

I've read some post here and I made some scripts But I don't know how to activate them

I have this script

#org 0x800000
    faceplayer
    #boxset 0x2
    message 0x800100
    end

message 0x800100
    = Hello World!

Then I put it in ScriptED and then I press Compile
    I click my rom and I open AM.

I go to a People and I change it's offset to $800000

I save my ROM in AM and then I start my game, but then, when I talk to the guy he doesn't say anything!

Does anyone of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I also don't know how Hex Editor works

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I tried that, and I still got the error. (Oh, and I forgot to mention that it happened in DiamondCutter.) My other question is how do you make events happen in a certain order? Like in Ruby and Sapphire, you can't go to Dewford with Mr. Briney until you complete the Team Aqua/Magma event in Rustboro.

And I have a noob-ish question. I opened the Thingy program. It asked me for the ROM name. I typed it in and pressed enter. Then it asked me for the table. Here's the question: What is a table?

Were you trying to text edit? You can use Advance Text, it's much better and easier. You'll need a file to open A-Text, comctl32.ocx.

Thnx I tried that. Unfortunately still no luck. Let me tell you in detail what I've done: I open up the Littleroot map in AdvanceMap 1.82 and move one of the existing scripts to a different spot. Then i change its script offset to $800000 (the offset of the script Christos gave me). Then I make sure that the var number is 50 40 and the var value is 03 00. When I open the game and walk over the script nothing happens whatever direction i come from. I tried using different values for the var number and var value but still nothing. I guess I should just keep tryin different values till it works. What is var number and var value anyway? Thanks for helpin me Christos and ash2000!

Try a trigger in Littleroot and keep the flags and stuff as they are. If it doesn't work try changing the var value and flag until you get it to work.

Can someone please tell me how to script steb by step?

I've read some post here and I made some scripts But I don't know how to activate them

I have this script

#org 0x800000
    faceplayer
    #boxset 0x2
    message 0x800100
    end

message 0x800100
    = Hello World!

Then I put it in ScriptED and then I press Compile
    I click my rom and I open AM.

I go to a People and I change it's offset to $800000

I save my ROM in AM and then I start my game, but then, when I talk to the guy he doesn't say anything!

Does anyone of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I also don't know how Hex Editor works

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Try this:

Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    = Hello World!

The boxset command is after the message, the release command is to close the textbox after the message.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Guess what? I have another question! Well, that's why my title is noob hacker. I noticed that Brawly has different offsets for each thing he says: Before the battle, at the end of the battle but still in the battle screen, and after the battle. Two of them are when he's in the overworld. So why is there only one offset for him in Advance Map? (And it's not even the same offset as the ones for the text I just mentioned!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Guess what? I have another question! Well, that's why my title is noob hacker. I noticed that Brawly has different offsets for each thing he says: Before the battle, at the end of the battle but still in the battle screen, and after the battle. Two of them are when he's in the overworld. So why is there only one offset for him in Advance Map? (And it's not even the same offset as the ones for the text I just mentioned!)

In Advance Map it's his main offset. The script has many messages in, the starting message for the battle, the message for when you beat him, when you get the badge and the message when you talk to him again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Were you trying to text edit? You can use Advance Text, it's much better and easier. You'll need a file to open A-Text, comctl32.ocx.

Try a trigger in Littleroot and keep the flags and stuff as they are. If it doesn't work try changing the var value and flag until you get it to work.

Try this:

Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    = Hello World!

The boxset command is after the message, the release command is to close the textbox after the message.

Thx I tried but when I talk to the person, I can't walk anymore and there's no text.

Can someone give me a scripting tut?
    From beginning to the end?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Not to be rude or anything, but that had nothing to do with my question. I just want to know what a table is so I can edit scripts. I think it means a .tbl file, but how do I get one?

Thx I tried but when I talk to the person, I can't walk anymore and there's no text.

Can someone give me a scripting tut?
    From beginning to the end?

I'm having the same problem as you, so if someone could help, it would be great.

Last edited:

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have a problem with Thingy. I know how to make a table file now, but here's my new problem. I typed in the ROM name and the table file name (I skipped the second table file), and then I pressed enter but I saw this on the Thingy screen:

Bad file name in module THINGY at adrress 0557:9290
    Hit any key to return to system

What do I do?

And yet another question. How can you change the Poochyena event in Ruby? It doesn't show that event in PokeTronic.

Can someone tell me how to save a file as .tbl? Just adding.tbl to the end of the name doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeGeNd_LaTiOs

Begginer Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Hey guys, I'm new to the hacking industry and me and the tutorials and commands .htmls aren't speaking the same language so i was wondering if any one could give me a link to any long detailed tutorials for scripting or if someone could PM me about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back