• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Gateway laptops any good?

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I'm about to get a new laptop for the first time and I'm excited. Sadly, I don't know much about the laptop myself. What I mean by above is, I don't know how they hold up, as far as durability and what not.

The specs seem great, it's a 4 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive computer. I've read reviews on Best Buy as well as other reviews on the web via Google.

The model is NV5390u, and this is the link to the best buy link. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gatewa...+Red/9732668.p?id=1218162978752&skuId=9732668

Any input about this laptop or the Gateway brand would be awesome. Thanks. :3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Not a fan of Gateway since they got bought by Acer, but I guess they're OK. Asus and IBM/Lenovo are better, though.

As for the laptop itself, the processor is underpowered, the RAM is only DDR2, the hard drive runs at 5400 RPM (I guess that's to be expected on laptops), and the thing comes from Best Buy, market leader in scamming people who don't know anything about computers. I'll see if I can find something I'd recommend instead for about the same price ($500, right?). Are you going to be using it for gaming at all? If not, try this one; it's on sale for $600 and has a better processor and DDR3 RAM. I don't usually recommend HP products, but this one seems decent.

Also, your link is dead.

Last edited:
    Back