• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are "shadowless" cards just fakes and do I own them?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    My girlfriend got a few boxes of cards her grandmother had in storage (grandma worked for "Wizards of the Coast" some years ago) inside were sealed pokemon tcg cards, grandma is giving us these cards free and we do not intend to sell them ever. Among the contents was a "Base Set Preconstructed Theme Deck Box of 8 Decks". I have read that it might be more rare and valuable than even a normal one- if it contains "shadowless" cards.

I really hadn't investigated them until now but online it says that they are a rare print done by Wizards of the Coast in 1999. I asked around at a few card shops in Eugene but the only guy who knew of them told me that they are actually fake cards "to his knowledge."

A few YouTube videos seem to prove that they are legit but I cannot say for certain.

This also seems to support the theory but nobody really proves anything they claim.
    https://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?172647-Shadowless-base-set-theme-decks

Here are pictures of what my box looks like:

Anyone have any insight?

Raichulover123

The Mouse Pokèmon
    Years
    Interesting.... those cards are pretty valuable, but if you keep the package unopened, it's more valuable.

Shadowless cards are real, in fact one of my friends has a few shadowless cards. If I were you, since you're not going to sell the cards anyway, just open the package and see if there are any shadowless cards!

Thanks for sharing this! :D

Back