• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any pokegames on the PSP?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Has anyone bothered to port a pokemon fan game to PSP homebrew yet? Are there any plans to?

Years
    Considering most fan games here have the file extension ".exe" (Windows only) and that the PSP does not support ".exe" files (even if the PSP is modded), I would say. Probably not even in the future too. Unless a hacker somehow manages to stick a windows operating system on the PSP (no doubt impossible). Why not just play them on the platform they were meant to be played on? (besides of course the "portability")

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    You can run a GBA emulator on a PSP, but I don't think this is the right place for that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    With the majority of people here sticking to the RPG Maker XP engine I see it very unlikely that anyone will be coming up with a game running on an engine with PSP support, let alone there being anyone here coding a game from the ground up designed for the PSP architecture.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    With the majority of people here sticking to the RPG Maker XP engine I see it very unlikely that anyone will be coming up with a game running on an engine with PSP support, let alone there being anyone here coding a game from the ground up designed for the PSP architecture.
    No it would not be ground up, more like foundation up. There are libraries for the PSP, I lost my PSP LONG time ago... So I never ended up programming for PSP, but I got my PS3 that I can jailbreak, but too bad I can't find my controller... So IDK

Back