• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we all secretly evil?

marshmello

i'm a star :)
    Years
    Think about this, if we all had a day without ANY rules of any kind. What do you think would happen and most important what would your day be like?

I would actually go out and steal loads of things from shops and i think that the whole world would be dead without a doubt, by the end of the day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    If you think humans are not evil at their core, I challenge you to leave your doors unlocked at all times.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'd personally get myself a Shotgun and shoot anyone stupid enough to try and rob my house.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Well, I see it like this: Nobody is pure, despite what they or others think. Someone claiming they don't have a dark side is seen by me as essentially being ignorant. Everyone has dark desires once and a while, its just human nature.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Well, if breaking the law makes you evil, then I'm evil. I've broken minor laws in my lifetime, and not so secretly either.

Also, I think the world is capable of surviving more than a day with no laws. We'd just end up eventually being ruled by a Hitler-type person.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Breaking laws doesn't make you evil :< Especially minor laws like underage drinking.

In fact now I think about it, I'd probably batter some of the people i really hate with a baseball bat.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Hmm, well I think my day wouldn't be too different. I'm no angel, but I wouldn't go about killing people and stealing everything in sight. It's not a matter of rules, it's a matter of morals.

I would, however, go about and speak my mind and maybe throw a punch at my principal. Don't judge me too harshly, he deserves it. :P

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    I would do horrors unthinkable by the human mind...>.> I steal chocolate from the candy store, and eat it...yeah, no one will die horrible deaths...Stop looking at me that way....<.<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd find some way to piss people off...though that isn't really unusual for me.
    And then I'd probably hurt this person at school..ugh, she like totally sucks.
    Then I'd end off the day by doing something so stupid that I would regret for the next month, I'm not sure of that part yet.
    Actually, I'd also go steal a fairy to make the day last forever yeah..If they don't exist, I'll make one exist.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Read Lord of the Flies. Most people would be totally evil without rules. I probably wouldn't do horrible things but I wouldn't be very lawful either.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I'd steal a ton of guns and defend my house! hahahaha,

Next person who trys to break a window will be thefted... of his head ( Kisses .50 Magnum)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Read Lord of the Flies. Most people would be totally evil without rules. I probably wouldn't do horrible things but I wouldn't be very lawful either.

Great book. Do you think that we really would turn like that? I mean, we're in the suburbs and they were in a jungle.

Jolty-kun

Years
    I would probably do anything. I'd go to my local games store and pick up as many consoles as they have in stock, games, bleh.
    That's the more obvious one, though, I'm sure anyone would do that. I'd also probably break into some kind of arena to just see what it would be like. I would just generally do everything you can't do when there ARE rules.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    That's a rather pessimistic statement, don't you think?

I don't agree with you. The Lord of the Flies, though a very good and realistic story, is fiction, nothing more. What would happen if a group of boys was actually stranded in that situation? Who knows? Perhaps the same thing, perhaps something completely different. However, if we're going by that book then you have to look at the facts and see that it was a small group of people that turned most of the kids into monsters. That's how a lot of evil is started. Most people are, sadly, easily persuaded to do things they would never do ordinarily.

There's also the fact that although most of the boys on the island did join the bad side, there were still a couple who did not. Are they still evil? I wouldn't say so.

Now back to nonfiction. Think about a person who sees a complete stranger in danger and runs in to save them without a second thought. Now this same person stole a candy bar from the store when they were a kid, mouthed off to any teacher they didn't like in school, and got into a few fights, one of which ended with this person breaking another person's arm. Are they evil?

Back