• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you going to put all of your D/P/Pt Pokemon into HG/SS or visa versa?

Will you switch them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I had just gotten a copy of Leaf Green and considered it nothing more than an expansion to my Diamond. And that's when I realized,' What about HG/SS?'

So the question is, will you put your Johto Pokemon into your D/P/PT? Or will you put all your Sinnoh Pokemon back into HG/GS?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    No. First off, I only have one DS and the last time I tried to transfer stuff from game-to-game via someone online who was very patient, it took a couple hours to move a couple of boxes, so that would be very inconvenient. Second, DPPt already has almost all the available Pokemon so there's no need to for dex reasons. Third, neither game is like Pokemon Colosseum or XD (the only two games that I ever transferred everything) that you pretty much need to restart when you're done, so I don't see a reason to transfer.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I will more so move over most of my Pokémon from Diamond and Platinum into SoulSilver as I will use that game as my main playholder. I don't need to move over all of my Pokémon as I will go into Diamond and Platinum every so often. So only majorly used teams or individual Pokémon will be placed into SoulSilver. Also, like mentioned above, it takes time to transer six Pokémon at a time from one game to the next, even hours depending on how much you need to trade over. So, to avoid the hassle I prefer only to move over those that I need and of course keep my important Pokémon from SoulSilver in SoulSilver.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I'll either trade over or just keep both separate. I'm not entirely sure yet.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Imma transfer my DPPt Pokemon to SS =) But that's not until at least another half year... =,[ Actually, I kinda quit playing Pokemon for the past few months, I might just restart up again cause I'm excited for the new ones coming out. ;]

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    It was hell transferring from Diamond to Platinum, so I'm not really sure if I'm ready for Platinum to HG/SS

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
    I'm planning on moving only the important pokémon over to my Heart Gold. Such as my events and possibly a few ev trained pokémon for wi-fi battling. Other than that, I'll have no need to transfer other pokémon over. I'd rather leave my in-game battling pokémon on Platinum in case I feel like playing that or if I need to catch something to help finish the national pokédex on Heart Gold.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll want to move my Skorupi from Pearl to SS anyways, why not move the rest of my pokemon over?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    maybe a few of my ev'd pokemon and legendaries from diamond and maybe some johto pokemon to diamond, for my dex , but I'll probably only use a few of them any ways.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I don't think I'll be moving any Pokemon over until I beat the main story of HG/SS.
    I like to mess with all the Pokemon collecting afterwards.

Plus, I'll probably just breed any Pokemon that aren't originally part of the game and transfer them back to their original game.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday

No, I'll bring my dppt and HGSS pokémon over to the next pokémon game.

I'm going to breed some pokémon in diamond and platinum then trade them to SoulSilver.

Back