• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It's not even possible to preorder here... far to early with Platinum only being released two months ago 0_o

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I didn't pre-order it simply because I dont understand Japanese. That and I'm a patient person who can wait for another year till It's in English.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Pre-ordered HG as soon as I could, I always get the newest pokemon games fresh from japan when they come out. Then I get the other version when it comes out in english.

It's crazy, but its way cheaper to import a japanese game than to buy it here...
    I kinda picked the most expensive shipping though so xDD

Years
    I will be pre-ordering Soul Silver next week, since I'm waiting on paypal (I didn't send enough money over, since I thought Soul Silver would cost the same as platinum did). I will be ordering from yesasia again, since they have free international shipping. I'm hoping they won't delay the game a week, like they did with platinum, but if that happens again, I don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Years
    I will be preordering the English version of HeartGold the first chance I can. Though it's tempting to preorder the Japanese version, I think it's best if I sit down and wait for the English release. I would rather have my first full play-through of this game be on the English version.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    I wound up pre-ordering SoulSilver from yesasia.com a few days ago.

I can't read Japanese, but I figure enough of my friends and people on this board will be playing, so we can hopefully help each other out if we get stuck in the game.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    are you able to pre-order already? The US version

I frown upon playing an import or playing the ROM before the game actually came out

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I am wanting to pre order Soul Silver ( I wanted HG but I figured i have different ones for the different languages ) but im still thinking if $60 is worth it. I would pirate it but i have never pirated a main series game i liked and i want to use this like a regular game meaning i want the pokemon i get from it to be legit

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I will preorder the US version both because I'm impatient and because I refuse to play an european version with disabeled features (gambling anyone?)
    Preordering the japanese version is a nice thing but import two games would be too expensive I think x_x

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yep, i've just pre-ordered Pokemon Heart Gold. Also I'm the same, i'm too impatient Lol, where did you pre-order it from?

Play-Asia.

To add to the madness, I also want the English versions of both games, too.

So 4 games total XD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I usually download the ROM and patch it with an English patch just to quickly play through it. There'd be no point in ordering the Japanese version and buying the English version again. It'd just be a waste of money.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I'm not importing, I'm just wait. I want to play the game and so, but not spending on a version which I can't read and then buying the other in English. It is a waste of money for me. 1 version in English is OK. :)

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to pre-order at all because I was planning on actually going to Japan on September 12 @_@ Fortunately that date has been changed to the end of August, which gives me plenty of time to reserve HeartGold ^o^

Back