• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Arena Trap work? on Legendary Beasts?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    hey all

just wondering if the ability "Arena Trap" would stop the legendary beasts from Fleeing. (Raikou in particular, if it makes a diff)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    isnt there some sticky item or something i can use.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    hey guys..

i got haunter to lvl 49
    (BUT HE DIDNT HAVE MEAN LOOK and the move maniac didnt have it on the list >.<)

anywayz

i used Haunter with a max repel to run into raikou

i switch out my lvl 65 Dugtrio with Arena Trap ability...

and he flees >.<

-------------------------------

take 2. trying the wobbuffet idea.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    hey guys..

i got haunter to lvl 49
    (BUT HE DIDNT HAVE MEAN LOOK and the move maniac didnt have it on the list >.<)

anywayz

i used Haunter with a max repel to run into raikou

i switch out my lvl 65 Dugtrio with Arena Trap ability...

and he flees >.<

-------------------------------

take 2. trying the wobbuffet idea.

It didn't work because the ability only has effect if the Pokemon is in at the start of the turn.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    A much better idea would be to train a new Diglett/Dugtrio/Trapinch/Whatever to level 49, and try it instead, or simply use Mean Look and Taunt, which would prevent Raikou from using Roar, or if you're feeling confident/suicidal, you could try using Encore instead.
    If you can in some way manage to get a Pokémon with both Mean Look and Baton Pass, you could Baton Pass the Mean Look to an Octillery and have the Octillery take it out.
    Or you could simply try using a Wobbuffet and hope you get your counter right...

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Cradily > Roar
    But the thing is they can still flee
    So yeah you would need mean look, then switch to a pokemon with suction cups
    wobbuffet is complete suicide and it's ability doesnt last when you switch

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    The only real thing I can think of right now is Smeargle.

Use Mean Look. Hope for the best, and then use Ingrain.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    -sighes-

Umbreon at 49 (maybe higher and with a good speed), Mean Look, Baton Pass, Octillery/Cradily. Go on from there. What ever happened to saving the Master Ball for the runners? -_-

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    -sighes-

Umbreon at 49 (maybe higher and with a good speed), Mean Look, Baton Pass, Octillery/Cradily. Go on from there. What ever happened to saving the Master Ball for the runners? -_-

^this.

Actually, if you've found him and he ran away, use Absol, since he is the fastest of the four MLook passers (Smeargle, Umbreon, and Ariados are slower) Bring in Cradily, since you'd have to be brain dead to bring Octillery in on a Raicou

Back