• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Corner

Years
  • I have modest spriting abilities, but I shall share them all the same! Don't like them? Don't bother telling me. Oh, can someone tell me the official size of Pokemon sprites? I've heard it's 80x80 pixels at the largest, but I'm not sure...

Splices
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Trainer Cards
    I'm working on a story involving Pokemon. So I randomly decided to do trainer cards for the main characters. (Templates can be found here)

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

PokeCharacters
    I'm working on a Pokemon fanfic, and these are the characters I've made so far:

Art Corner

The picture is like 1200 pixels wide, so I used a thumbnail. The characters are as follows:
    Vaporeon = Female, Ursula | Sneasel = Male, Yusuf | Manectric = Female, Xara | Hypno = Male, Zaid | Chimecho = Male, Sorren | Glaceon = Female, Daijah | Flareon = Male, Vito | Espeon = Female, Isla | Eevee = Male, Kalum | Giratina (Shiny) = Female, Eden | Arceus = Female, Calypso

I am aware that some of these Pokemon do not have genders, but I have given them genders anyway.

Custom Sprites
    I'm currently (slowly) working on creating custom sprites of all the Pokemon, at least up to R/S/E. (I'm also aware of the size problems. lol)

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    New Versions:
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    New Versions:
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner

Art Corner
    Art Corner
    Art Corner

(In case anyone is wondering, the LBB is the copyright I used on my old DA , and the FF93 is the copyright on my current DA.)
    [/FONT]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I love them! I especially like the charizard and squirtle ones, I might post some of mine up soon-ish :D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • wow those are some dang awesome sprites
    i love the poses espec the charzard,pigeoto, ok allot of them.
    something seems wrong though..
    oh and the sizes

GBA: 64x64
    DS: 80x80

Keep on working, i cant wait to see what more you come up with
    Great job all in all :)

~countryemo

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The trainer sprite's right arm is positioned... awkwardly. :\ The hand is quite wierd too! xD Charmander's back is too straight, in my opinion. :\ Blastoise is quite fat. xD Raichu's tail kinda blends into is cheek. Also some of them are lacking black lines, so they are quite bright. :P

There are some really good ones, however. Weedle and Kakuna look great! And the poses are generally quite good! :D Keep up the good work. ;)

Years
  • Thanks for all the critiques, I'll try to take them all into account!

I'll be updating the first post in a couple minutes with a couple more sprites. I'll work on fixing my old sprites today.

First post has been updated =)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Thanks for all the critiques, I'll try to take them all into account!

I'll be updating the first post in a couple minutes with a couple more sprites. I'll work on fixing my old sprites today.

First post has been updated =)

No problem. :D

The trainer cards are sprited well. The sprite with the green hair could do with some black outlines, but I really like her skirt. :) I also really like the palette you used. :)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I like your sprites, but Blastoise looks flattened, and Raticate looks sort of like a rectangle...
    And your Fearow and Sandslash sprites yould use a little work.... otherwise they're awesome! I wuv Charmander and raichu, and Pidgeotto looks so cool.
    Post some more sometime, nya!

Years
  • I added some new work. I added the old sprites I've edited so far, and I added some pixel work of characters for a fanfic I'm working on. Click on the thumbnail to view the larger size (for those who don't know.)

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • you got some pretty good sprites here. I think the background isnt so good for your sprites. I'd actually like to see you used darker shades for the outline.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • I love they way they look, but i think you should try different poses, because they look too similar to the origional. If you experimented with slightly different poses, you could add a nice little touch to each of them and really make them yours. But otherwise, you should try defining the outlines a little better. but great job!

Years
  • A few things stand out to me.

Art Corner
    Art Corner

The first trainer's top is a bit blocky with its straight horizontal and vertical lines. On the second one I can't very easily make out a face. I'm also seeing a big difference in how your shaded the arms' outlines. The right one is a lot more bold. I like the T-shirt, though. That's a fun touch.

Art Corner
    Art Corner

These both have a kind of squarish feeling to them. Rattata's ears have those vertical lines on both sides and the one whisker acts like it continues across the face because the change in colors there is almost on the same line. It gives the impression of a line cutting right across most of the sprite and gives it a pseudo flat appearance.

The Sandshrew might look better if you darkened the outline around the head so it would look more separate from the body. As it is the head gets lost. Its back could also be a little clearer with how each of the plates (?) is arranged.
    Art Corner

They're arranged like bricks, but some of yours are more round looking. I'm mostly talking about the one on the top/center back. The left edge of that 'brick' curves like ( when the contour of the back is more ).

Anyway, nice work.

Back