• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art in Media

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • So this is an out of the blue thing here, but I thought I'd ask and maybe spark a little conversation (perhaps).

Art features in the Media all the time. It's the single biggest point about an advertisement or notice that draws the attention of the audience. This art is purposefully used in such a way to invoke certain emotions in the target audience. And that's common advertising. But are there adverts you find take it too far? Adverts you find go one step beyond common persuasion techniques often found and cross the line into unacceptable?

For example these outstanding pieces that were banned for obvious reasons: (Contains images related to WWII and the Twin Towers. If either of these upsets you, don't open the spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Just for clarification this thread is to discuss artwork in media that goes too far, not the adverts themselves (that would be media). The two examples I've found aren't necessarily good pieces of art, but they are so clearly over the line in terms of the message they give across. Take away the text and you still have an unacceptable piece of art. How do these adverts you stumble across make you feel? Do you find it unacceptable they are even created, or perhaps do you feel that they should be shown to invoke a response in people to change their ways? Discuss!

(P.S. Please keep any examples in spoilers, and let us know what's inside first, to avoid unnecessary offence)

Back