• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Artificial Intelligence?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    Hey guys i'm new when it comes to extreme rom hacking. I was doing some trainer editing in black and white 2 and I'm confused about the AI saying its 7, I always put it to 255. I question is the lower number the smarter the ai is or am I wrong please somebody help me. I'm not quite done editing yet so I would like to know now ahead of time

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hey guys i'm new when it comes to extreme rom hacking. I was doing some trainer editing in black and white 2 and I'm confused about the AI saying its 7, I always put it to 255. I question is the lower number the smarter the ai is or am I wrong please somebody help me. I'm not quite done editing yet so I would like to know now ahead of time
    It sounds like you're hacking Generation V, but still this post may still be of help (by the way, he forgot to mention the value is a bit field). While it is for Generation III, I assume it may be similar in Generation V, too (just because of the value 7 being used; it's generally what's used for smart trainers in RSEFRLG).

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

I'm not sure about Gen. V but I believe in Gen. III trainer AI values pertain to a list of trainer behaviors rather than a "smartness" level, and I'm guessing with Gen. V it is the same. In the case of your problem, the tool probably limits the trainer AI values to be between 0 and 7.

Back