• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Artsy Fartsy

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Here are some extremely awful pictures I drew. LAST EDITED: August 22nd
    **My scanner sucks and cut some things out and ruined some colors**

"MAREEP!"
    Spoiler:

"Only In Dreams" A little Sunkern's thoughts about how strong it wants to be. *In honor of LilBittyGoat*
    Spoiler:

"The First Encounter" Gold's first sighting of Team Rocket in the Johto Region! (Along with his trusty Cyndaquil!)
    Spoiler:

A Fire Type Phanpy! I drew this a long time ago...
    Spoiler:

My Water Type Gym!! (If I had one.....)
    Spoiler:

Muscle-Mon Slowpoke! I made this for a contest
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My Fan Fic Character
    Spoiler:

MR.MOOSE! I have no idea why that's his name but it just cam to me
    Spoiler:

Octopus Birthday-random, i know.
    Spoiler:

My entry for the Get Together 2009. Tracey Sketchit and his Venonat
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    What? These aren't bad! They're good. I like the first and last one the best.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Seriously!?? Woah, Thank you so much! Mareep is my favorite too :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Thank you guys sooooo much! That just made my day :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Muscleman. Lose it please. My nightmares are too scary now. XD
    Seriously though good drawing. I love how cheaply awesome they look.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hahahaah Todokori, I know what you mean. I made the Beefy Slowpoke for this contest on another Pokemon website. And thanks :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    does anyone know how to change the title of a thread?

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    its not bad art at all. and you need to not say your art's bad.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • They aren't awful, just decent and developing ^^ It is pretty good for traditional art. I suggest learning to shade more thoroughly and add shading to the pieces. Like for a red color, use brown for the shading. For pink, use red. for Blue, use purple and a little black. It really enhances the art ^^

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    They aren't awful, just decent and developing ^^ It is pretty good for traditional art. I suggest learning to shade more thoroughly and add shading to the pieces. Like for a red color, use brown for the shading. For pink, use red. for Blue, use purple and a little black. It really enhances the art ^^

Thank you so much FireTears!!!!! That was really helpful information so now I can do better ^_^

And yay Lily! Thanks!! I am going to be doing some more art soon because I just had foot surgery and I'm going to be on the couch for a while. So be expecting some more soon!!!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • Thank you so much FireTears!!!!! That was really helpful information so now I can do better ^_^

And yay Lily! Thanks!! I am going to be doing some more art soon because I just had foot surgery and I'm going to be on the couch for a while. So be expecting some more soon!!!

No prob ^^ I also suggest using other materials like Pens and markers for the lineart and cloring it in with pencils or paint. Drawings look much beter when applied a variety of techniques and mediums.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Oh, my... What's with that title? Artists shouldn't call their art bad. =B There's always room for improvement, but art is never extremely Awful.
    I must say I quite like the first one. Mareep is very adorable. It made me smile instantly. ^_^
    I also like the rest, but as FireTears said, try to shade a little. I know when I started shading for the first time, it was great. :3

And here's another tip when using colouring pencils. You don't have to do this, but it softens the area's you coloured in. Use a napkin (paper) or a piece of kitchen paper to rub/smudge the area's. You won't see the lines anymore. And don't worry about going beyond the lines, unlike colourpencil itself, smudged colourpencil is a little more easily erased. =3

Keep up the good work~ =D

Also, if you wish to work on anatomy and human features, what worked for me, was to copy anime/manga pictures. They stay relatively close to the actual human anatomy (depends on what anime you pick, really)... But it's a start. :3

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    OoooooooOoooOoo!!! Thank you so so so so much! Those are extremely helpful tips so that now i can hopefully do better!

I think that now I am going to draw more pictures pertaining to Heart Gold and Soul Silver as a way to get my excitement out.

Back