• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash and Paul's Chimchar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
    Years
    Well...the theory that Chimchar is good and it wins..Paul released a starly that beat ash's starly and he still released it. Also I also hope Ash expands the choice of pokemon he catches. He should have had a haunter or Alakazam in kanto.

Deathtolight

Pokemon Master
    Years
    i was just watching the 10th movie trailer on youtube and there was a chimchar firing up a hot air baloon that ash and co were in. so maybe ash does get paul's chimchar

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    i was just watching the 10th movie trailer on youtube and there was a chimchar firing up a hot air baloon that ash and co were in. so maybe ash does get paul's chimchar

I really doubt that. That chimchar probably belongs to that new girl who's with them in the movie.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    I think ash will stumble upon Paul "dealing" with Chimchar in an unfair way (Beating on him) for losing a match and not Obeying him.

Ash then starts to protect Chimchar and then, Chimchar looks at Ash as the trainer it wants to be with and chooses not to go with Paul so Paul says, "Fine let losers be with Losers, I don't need a Wimpy Pathetic pokemon like you anyway."

And thus Ash gets Chimchar.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I think that Ash is gonna get cyndaquil from professor oak for a battle and then after the battle cyndaquil is gonna wanna stay with Ash and then it will most likely evolve into a quilava.

The thing is, they're trying to sell the D/P Pokemon, not the G/S Pokemon. I doubt they'd let Ash bring back Cyndaquil for anything but a single episode.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The thing is, they're trying to sell the D/P Pokemon, not the G/S Pokemon. I doubt they'd let Ash bring back Cyndaquil for anything but a single episode.

Though you do have a point about the trying to sell D/P, that doesn't necssarily mean that he can't bring in Cyndaquil. By that logic, then Ash would never have brought Aipom along (stowaway or not, he still let her come with. Besides, as I had said before, there is still that chance where Aipom will not evolve into Ambipom (not that I don't want her to evolve, since I am open-minded to it either way, it's just that, as I said, it could go either way.).) and Brock's Bonsly would never have evolved into Sudowoodo (and not to mention that Team Rocket will only have brought Mime Jr. as one of their pokemon for the region (I'm not counting Carnivine since he was caught in the region (well, technically not caught, but you know what I mean.) (Besides Meowth, for obvious reasons). No offense, just trying to make a point.

Anyways, in regards to the topic, since he already has gotten the flying type and the grass type, it seems inevitable that he will get a fire type in some way or another (otherwise, why would he have gotten the flying type and the grass type already). Now, he may not get Chimchar, but that doesn't rule out other previous gen fire-type pokemon. If they were able to let Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo in this generation AND let Aipom come along, as well as let Team Rocket keep their previous gen pokemon while journeying to Sinnoh, I'm pretty sure that they will allow Ash to capture a fire type in some way or another.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    @ weedle: about selling dp pokemon, they already sold bonsly, Meowth is a main character, and Aipom is going to evolve somewhere along the line, so yeah, pokemon from previous generations that don't have a 4th gen evolutions ARE ruled out, deal with that fact, no offence

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    @ weedle: about selling dp pokemon, they already sold bonsly, Meowth is a main character, and Aipom is going to evolve somewhere along the line, so yeah, pokemon from previous generations that don't have a 4th gen evolutions ARE ruled out, deal with that fact, no offence

Listen, about those points, Bonsly may have already been "sold" so to speak, but that doesn't mean it HAD to evolve. If they truly wanted to solely market the 4th gen pokemon/pokemon that evolve into 4th gen pokemon as you and everyone else has been saying, then they would have kept it as a Bonsly rather than have it just evolve into Sudowoodo. And about Meowth, I know that he is a main character. As a matter of fact, I even stated in my previous post that I wasn't counting Meowth for that reason (I.E. "Besides Meowth, for obvious reasons".). And lastly, in regards to Aipom, although I do also think that it might evolve as well as that it might not evolve, unless the writers flat-out stated in an interview (or even hinted at the very least) that it was indeed going to evolve, then we have absolutely no way of knowing other than from speculation. Before anyone mentions that the writers allowed it to go to Sinnoh, therefore it is destined to evolve, that doesn't really mean anything. JJM (I'm trying to avoid saying Team Rocket since that would mean the entire organization.) also let their Wobbuffet, Cacnea, Dustox, and Seviper come to Sinnoh, and those guys aren't D/P Pokemon, don't evolve into D/P pokemon, nor do they even have D/P pre-evolutions. Plus, way back in AG, they also allowed Arbok, Weezing, and Wobbuffet to come into Hoenn, and with the sole exception of Wobbuffet (he had a RSE pre-evolution, Wynaut), none of them were RSE Pokemon, didn't evolve into RSE Pokemon, nor did they, with the sole exception of Wobbuffet, have a RSE pre-evolution. Plus, back in AG, Brock allowed his foretress to come with, and that wasn't a RSE pokemon, didn't evolve into a RSE pokemon, nor did it even have a RSE Pre-evolution. So just because it comes into a region it technically doesn't belong in, doesn't really mean it is guaranteed to evolve, even those pokemon that do evolve into pokemon in said region. No offense to anyone, just stating some points.

Anyways, to the topic, yes, I am sure of Ash getting a fire type this region (otherwise, he wouldn't have caught Starly and Turtwig, since those lead up to fire types in the past gens.) even if it means letting him catch previous gen pokemon or raising Paul's Chimchar if Paul basically ditches it.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    okay, now i get your point, i just don't think it's likely for ASH to have a team, with the exception of pikachu, that comes from many regions instead of the one he's in, as much as i don't like it

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Paul is beggining to get sick of chimchar, YAY

Maybe he did the same thing to his Turtwig. Maybe he called it weak and pathetic when he first started his journey, to unlock it's full potential. He said Chimchar has hidden potential, so maybe this is his way of helping it reach it's true power.

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
    Years
    Maybe he did the same thing to his Turtwig. Maybe he called it weak and pathetic when he first started his journey, to unlock it's full potential. He said Chimchar has hidden potential, so maybe this is his way of helping it reach it's true power.

Maybe.....I think Paul will abandon Chimchar, and then leave it there, but secretly spy on it like a stalker, and while the weird monkey thing is bawling it's eyes out, it evolves into monferno and paul takes it back. pretty much same idea.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Hey, wake up, people. I'm not sure the writers of Pokemon are ready to recycle the whole Charmander Chimchar gets abandoned by Damian Paul for a few reasons.

First off, D/P Pokemon are the staple. May I point out that Aipom has a fourth generation evolution, and Bonsly evolving into Sudowoodo does not necessarily mean that fourth-gen Pokemon aren't being sold? I think the point of Bonsly evolving was to remind all of us that Bonsly is in fact the pre-evo of something.

In addition, it would actually be out of character for Paul to release Chimchar. Have you noticed that every single time he has released a Pokemon, with the exception of Azumarill, he has done it after or almost immediately after capturing them? Actually, come to think of it, there's no way to prove that Azumarill wasn't a recent capture as well, unless someone out there knows more then I do. This leads me to believe that Paul doesn't just randomly throw Pokemon he's been carrying around forever away- he makes an initial guesstimate of their power and lets 'em go or keeps the little buggers, depending on his mood. You'll notice that Elekid, Chimchar, and Torterra at least, have been with him for a while and seem to identify with him.

Moving on from that, there's no reason Ash needs a fire type. He didn't have one in Battle Frontier, he doesn't need one now. In fact, I'm strongly leaning towards the idea that the writers are slowly moving away from the type-showcasing trend, and trying to show off other types.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Hmm... Not forgetting that Battle Frontier was a Filler Arc and that the writers recycle the same thing every Episode near enough atleast.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ok. look, no offense, Art Critic Cubone, but i kind of disagree with you on some points.

First off, D/P Pokemon are the staple. May I point out that Aipom has a fourth generation evolution, and Bonsly evolving into Sudowoodo does not necessarily mean that fourth-gen Pokemon aren't being sold? I think the point of Bonsly evolving was to remind all of us that Bonsly is in fact the pre-evo of something.

no offense, but even if we dismiss Aipom and Bonsly as promoting the 4th gen (even though Bonsly is debatable, considering that even young kids would know that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo thanks to the Pokemon Strategy guides having pictures.), we still have Team Rocket's pokemon. I mean, while you could argue that Meowth is only in it because he is the face of Team Rocket (similar to how people thought Pikachu was the face of Ash's Group. (And in essence, the franchise)), the other pre-gen pokemon (Cacnea, Dustox, Seviper, and Wobbuffet) aren't even supposed to be there at all if the writers were only going to focus on Gen-IV Pokemon. I mean, none of them are new pokemon introduced in Gen IV, nor do they have evolutions for Gen IV, nor do they even have Gen IV Pre-evolutions. In fact, out of all the AG Gen III Pokemon that JJM Caught in Someway or another, the only one that even fits with Gen IV is James' Chimecho (since it has a Pre-evo in that region), and that Pokemon is currently recovering from an illness while Mime Jr. Takes over!

In addition, it would actually be out of character for Paul to release Chimchar. Have you noticed that every single time he has released a Pokemon, with the exception of Azumarill, he has done it after or almost immediately after capturing them? Actually, come to think of it, there's no way to prove that Azumarill wasn't a recent capture as well, unless someone out there knows more then I do. This leads me to believe that Paul doesn't just randomly throw Pokemon he's been carrying around forever away- he makes an initial guesstimate of their power and lets 'em go or keeps the little buggers, depending on his mood. You'll notice that Elekid, Chimchar, and Torterra at least, have been with him for a while and seem to identify with him.

While I do somewhat agree with you in regards to that (the whole thing about only releasing captures that were recent), that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't release it, period. Need I Remind you that He released the Starly with Aerial Ace despite the fact that he won against Ash's Starly? And anyways, considering that His Chimchar was defeated more times than it won on screen (currently 3 losses and 1 win) and was hinted at the very same episode of it's debut that it lost quite a bit before he met Ash (he said "Still as weak as Usual, eh?" After it lost to Aipom.) He might eventually find it to be a lost cause and then release it. Though he might not go as far of releasing it as Damian did (like leaving it out there to die in the rain), it might still be very harsh. Though I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is OOC of Paul, what would be OOC for him is suddenly having him act like Ash with his Pokemon.

Moving on from that, there's no reason Ash needs a fire type. He didn't have one in Battle Frontier, he doesn't need one now. In fact, I'm strongly leaning towards the idea that the writers are slowly moving away from the type-showcasing trend, and trying to show off other types.

So? He didn't really have a grass-type or a flying type in Battle Frontier, either, and that didn't really stop him from catching Starly/Staravia and Turtwig (And before you mention Swellow and Grovyle/Sceptile, those don't count since he brought them over from HOENN, he never caught them within the Kanto region, which is what I assume what you meant by never having one in BF, now if you meant one on his team, I wouldn't really say that considering that he used Torkoal in his first match against Brandon. (the Registeel match)) No offense to you or anyone else, Art Critic Cubone, Just Stating some points.

Anyways, as I have stated before, he just might get a fire type this region since he already caught a flying type and a grass type (if they truly didn't him to get the fire type, they also wouldn't have given him the grass type and the flying type.), just because it is the 4th gen doesn't really mean that they can't have pre-gen pokemon (as evidenced by the likes of Ash's Ambipom, Brock's Sudowoodo, and the majority of Team Rockets pokemon (really, besides Meowth since he is the face of team rocket, none of their pokemon should be in this region considering that none of them have any relation to Generation 4, IF the writers were indeed intending to market only 4th Gen Pokemon, which I sincerely doubt considering Sudowoodo, Aipom, and the majority of Team Rocket's Pokemon.), heck, he might even catch a pre-gen fire type.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Alright, me wee hairy buggy, time to go back over some things.

It really made sense for Ash to have Grovyle and Swellow brought over from Hoenn, seeing as Battle Frontier is partially based on Emerald version. Don't forget that. And I only meant that Ash didn't have a set fire type on his team during Battle Frontier, that's all. He switched in Pokemon occasionally, but he never actually carried a fire type around with him. If you wanted to point out Torkoal, by the by, I'll go one better: he called in Charizard twice, once against Nolan's Articuno and once to kick Brandon's tail during the vs. Regice match. My only point is that Ash's staple team need not be composed of the usual Flying/Grass/Water/Fire/Pikachu/Other setup.

Moving on from here, releasing the Aerial Ace Starly doesn't count, since Paul let it go fairly shortly after he captured it, which proves my point: thus far in the series, Paul has not released any Pokemon that he has owned for any significant length of time. I mean, he's got a Torterra, so he must be able to hold onto these Pokemon for a while.

Rocket-Dan don't count. There's an easy explanation for how Wobuffect, Cacnea, and the rest are all still included, and that explanation is that the writers haven't come up with another easy way to explain why they would leave all their Pokemon behind. *cough* Chronicles *cough*. Anyway, the majority of the Pokemon are still D/P related, or D/P exclusive. It's most likely, therefore, that if Ash does indeed receive a fire type, it will be a Pokemon that can be found only in Diamond and Pearl, or its pre-evo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Alright, me wee hairy buggy, time to go back over some things.

It really made sense for Ash to have Grovyle and Swellow brought over from Hoenn, seeing as Battle Frontier is partially based on Emerald version. Don't forget that. And I only meant that Ash didn't have a set fire type on his team during Battle Frontier, that's all. He switched in Pokemon occasionally, but he never actually carried a fire type around with him. If you wanted to point out Torkoal, by the by, I'll go one better: he called in Charizard twice, once against Nolan's Articuno and once to kick Brandon's tail during the vs. Regice match. My only point is that Ash's staple team need not be composed of the usual Flying/Grass/Water/Fire/Pikachu/Other setup.

Moving on from here, releasing the Aerial Ace Starly doesn't count, since Paul let it go fairly shortly after he captured it, which proves my point: thus far in the series, Paul has not released any Pokemon that he has owned for any significant length of time. I mean, he's got a Torterra, so he must be able to hold onto these Pokemon for a while.

Rocket-Dan don't count. There's an easy explanation for how Wobuffect, Cacnea, and the rest are all still included, and that explanation is that the writers haven't come up with another easy way to explain why they would leave all their Pokemon behind. *cough* Chronicles *cough*. Anyway, the majority of the Pokemon are still D/P related, or D/P exclusive. It's most likely, therefore, that if Ash does indeed receive a fire type, it will be a Pokemon that can be found only in Diamond and Pearl, or its pre-evo.

Look, no offense, but even if they appeared in the region in the games, that doesn't necessarily warrant them to bring them INTO the region. Need I remind you that they released Arbok and Weezing very early in Hoenn despite the latter being in RSE (well, not quite there as in being able to catch it in the wild, but you can catch it's first form, Koffing, in the game), they could have done the exact same thing with the rest of them, save for Mime Jr and Meowth. Also, anyone notice how, thanks to AG, that the fanbase believes that the main characters can only catch pokemon that are introduced in the respective generation of the region. Well, thanks to the likes of Aipom, Sudowoodo, and the majority of JJM's non-Meowth Pokemon, that thing has proved them wrong. In fact, they were easily proved wrong as early as when brock brought Foretress along, and as late as when May caught that Bulbasaur of hers, though the fanbase seems to dismiss them as "not having Gen III pokemon in Johto" and "Advertisement Fodder", respectively. No offense to any of those who think this, just stating some stuff leaning to the contrary. Besides, I don't see why JJM wouldn't count, considering that way back in AG, they had exclusively Gen III- related pokemon (yes, wobbuffet too, considering that it has a pre-evo that was introduced in the region) at their disposal till Battle Frontier (when Mime Jr. Came Along).

And anyways, in regards to their not having to follow that pattern that was still very much established in season 1, while that may be true, the only way they would have did it is if they DIDN'T allow Ash to catch Starly and Turtwig either, I mean, they could have just as easily tried to asked a Shinx if it has seen a girl named Dawn that currently is in possession of Ash's Pikachu (yeah, I know, it would be very unrealistic, but then again this is a show with people surviving insanely high falls, elementally charged critters, and other stuff.) and they could have just as easily had a Riolu guarding some wild pokemon and Ash's Pikachu rather than having Turtwig do that job in it's debut episode. but the thing is, they still let him catch the flying and grass pokemon. so if they still let him catch a flying type (Starly/Staravia) and a Grass type (Turtwig), you can sure bet that they will allow Ash to capture a Fire type, one way or another. no offense to you or anyone, I'm just saying that they would have completely done away with the pattern if they didn't even want Ash to get a fire type this region.

And while it is true that Paul released the Aerial Ace Starly, it did at least beat Ash's Starly, and since he desires pokemon that are very strong, wouldn't his Starly beating Ash's Starly at least mean something to him? no offense, just saying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back