• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash even admitting he's older than 10

Years
    I've gotten over them making Ash 10 in BW until the other day I was watching an episode of Battle Frontier and I heard this. It was the episode Gathering The Gang of Four, and when Ash is in the mountains training with Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Pikachu, he's reminiscing about the past with his Pokemon and Ash says "Yeah, we've been through alot over the years". This PROVES that Ash is older than 10. He's at least 12 or 13 here. So Ash doesn't magically stay the same age. His age just freaking reversed.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Years
    It is also said in Battle Of The Badge that its been a whole year or nearly a whole year since Ash was last in Viridian City. In one Chronicles episode, Ash has an anniversary party of meeting Pikachu.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I've gotten over them making Ash 10 in BW until the other day I was watching an episode of Battle Frontier and I heard this. It was the episode Gathering The Gang of Four, and when Ash is in the mountains training with Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Pikachu, he's reminiscing about the past with his Pokemon and Ash says "Yeah, we've been through alot over the years". This PROVES that Ash is older than 10. He's at least 12 or 13 here. So Ash doesn't magically stay the same age. His age just freaking reversed.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Logically Ash has to be at least be thirteen years of age but that doesn't matter to the continuity apparently. Each new region is a reset button on Ash's character in essence. Yes Ash does say that in that episode but then again never physically ages. Either the characters age weirdly or the writers just abuse the reset button on Ash. BW is basically a retcon on a lot of what was said plotwise in past regions. Ash mention's many years passing and BW's just like 'Lolnope. It's only been months.' There's no way one can explore four regions in just a few months.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
    I must admit, the anime would be sooo much more interesting if he would get a bit older (along with his friends and everybody else.) I'm still waiting on that day.

Years
    There tons of anime where time should pass but doesn't.
    Pretty much this.

By the way, they've made plenty of mentions of years passing by besides that. As a matter of fact, Team Rocket even stated that they've been chasing Ash and Pikachu before Dawn was born.

Pokemon isn't the only cartoon or anime to have done this. These fictional worlds we see on television our not governed by the same rules we are. Yes, Ash is confirmed to have been traveling for years, but he is also confirmed to have not aged a day in that time. Look at the Simpsons; there have been billions of Christmas specials yet the characters haven't aged a day. One of the storyboard artists and directors even stated that Ash and Pikachu will never age.

And last but not least...

Spoiler:

Back