• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash is a liar

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    I mean he said he would come back for pidgeot, and he went to kanto for the BF he didn't look for it.An In Pace-The Final Frontier he says that Carizard,Bulbasur, and Squirtle were his first pokemons, liesHis first one were Butterfree and Pidgeot, both which he released.This is only for the dub, not the origina, as I have not seen it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Well... it's all true. But maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it~ He could still go back for all his old Pokemon someday, but until then he did leave them for a good cause. (Protecting other weaker pokemon, training, helping people.) Lame excuses maybe, but good ones none-the-less.

In truth, I don't think he's really a liar~ just a procrastinator. ^-^

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Well his Pokemon have a duty to take care of.

Pidgeot has to protect the pidgeys, and Butterfree has a family to raise.

And about Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur being his firsts, writers sometimes forget things.

Voltrex

Pikachooper
    Years
    Butterfree actually has a legit reason to be gone, but why Pidgetot??? Im sure atleast one of those pokemon has evolved all the way. Noctawol can fight ghosts and is cunning, Swellow pwns Swamparts,Solrocks,Lunatones,Arcanines and Venasaurs. Staravia is funny. Pidgeyot needs to get a personality before he comes back anyways...

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Well... it's all true. But maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it~ He could still go back for all his old Pokemon someday, but until then he did leave them for a good cause. (Protecting other weaker pokemon, training, helping people.)QUOTE]

By the time Ash was done with Hoenn, the pidgeys Pidgeot was protecting are probably pidgeottos or pidgeots themselves by now. He's just lazy and the writers don't want to give him Pidgeot back to Ash because it would just be too easy for Ash to win and complete certain outdoor tasks, like carrying Ash around. That's why Charizard is out. Noctowl and Swellow were too small for that and once Staravia has fully evolved, it's over for him. There will be an episode called Bye Bye Staraptor, you're just too powerful for me

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well... it's all true. But maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it~ He could still go back for all his old Pokemon someday, but until then he did leave them for a good cause. (Protecting other weaker pokemon, training, helping people.) Lame excuses maybe, but good ones none-the-less.

In truth, I don't think he's really a liar~ just a procrastinator. ^-^

What does Procaratination has to do with this XD
    I agree with you Miss~Kon, He Released his pokemon for a good cause...He Ones releases his Pikachu just to be w/ Pikachu's Friends but that is of course another Story,
    Which really bothers me when Ash was in a Gym fight with Falkner....He saw Falkner's Pidgeot and he Hope to come back at his own Pidgeot Someday as he tells Falkner...but He never came back that means Ash IS really a liar for some reason
    And in for short...I agree that Ash is a liar

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    i wouldn't go as far as he's a liar, but i think it wasn't good of him to just leave pidgeot and butterfree and just drop them, i think at the least there should be an episode about how they're doing

Years
    Actually I don't think he ever said he was going to come back for Butterfree, of course I may be wrong. Though my opinion is that Butterfree is probably dead...If it's like Beedrill in which the case is...they die after they mate. It would be cool to see Butterfree back again, I was actually kind of sad when it went away. As I was with Primeape, etc.

Of course the Pidgey's that Pidgeot were protecting have evolved, but I'm sure they've bred and there are new generations of Pidgey's to protect. Someday, perhaps for one of the leagues he'll call upon Pidgeot, Primeape, or Charizard to come help him. I would probably seriously celebrate, and leap into the air with joy.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I seriously think that Ash has totally forgotten about Primeape. He lasted for about two episodes and the only significant thing Primeape ever did was that he stole Ash's hat, and Ash doesn't wear that hat anymore. That's a shame, I liked his old hat. He won that hat in a contest where he had to send in a hundred letters for that hat.

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    I actually would like to see, if nothing else, how Primeape is doing. He wasn't on the show very long and curiosity on how he is currently doing has arisen. That sad part is Ash off's him just when Primeape starts like him.

Which really bothers me when Ash was in a Gym fight with Falkner....He saw Falkner's Pidgeot and he Hope to come back at his own Pidgeot Someday as he tells Falkner...but He never came back that means Ash IS really a liar for some reason

He could have had at least the courtesy to see how Pidgeot is doing, if nothing else. :\

Years
    I didn't know that Ash had released Butterfree. I thought when the boat sunk that he lost his Butterfree, though I may be wrong as I don't remember much from the Kanto episodes.

Though, I'm sure that before the series ends, Ash will have all the Pokémon he once had again. I'm sure it's really hard to include them into the storyline now as Ash is moving to diffrent regions almost the next day he gets back in Kanto. It would be nice to see his Primeape again, but the writers might have a hard time including them in the storyline.

Years
    how come ashs pikachu beata dranite and couldent beat a eltakid??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    oh yeah, i forgot about primate, where did ash leave him, was it at the P1 grand pre? I liked him

Pidgeot needs to come back, there has to be at least ONE other pidgeot in the group that can take care of the pidgey

X-Files

Can Yuo Udnertsand
    Years
    In the Jappense anime didnt they have an Opening and Pidgeot and all ash other pokemon Primeape Butterfree ect where on the intro and where all like flying twords ash but it was in japenses so I never knew what it was about.

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    I didn't know that Ash had released Butterfree. I thought when the boat sunk that he lost his Butterfree, though I may be wrong as I don't remember much from the Kanto episodes.

Aye, he did release it. There was a whole flock (or whatever Butterfree groups are called) of Butterfree. So Ash let ti loose with them. I think it found a mate to, it was pink to if I remember correctly, but I've always had trouble distinguishing colours, so meh.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Give him a break, he's a 20-year old with a height deficit. (The show's been on for ten years and he was ten when it started. :P) But yeah, he gives away all his Pokemon, then makes no effort to reclaim or even visit anyone besides Charizard, who actually came to him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2007
    Actually I don't think he ever said he was going to come back for Butterfree, of course I may be wrong. Though my opinion is that Butterfree is probably dead...If it's like Beedrill in which the case is...they die after they mate. It would be cool to see Butterfree back again,

I think in the Japanese version Brock told Ash that it might die after it mates, which is why he cried so much, of course this was taken out of the english version.

Back