• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash is a neglectful trainer!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Have you seen how many Pokemon he has at Oak's lab? He hardly even uses his old ones anymore!

He probably would of won his full battle with Paul had he used Pokemon like Muk and Charizard.

Everytime he goes to a new region, he just throws his old Pokemon away at Oak's lab and starts anew!

Make new friends but keep the old ones. One is silver and the others gold.

Years
  • not everyone uses all their pokemon. so basically you're calling everyone a bad trainer because they store pokemon in the pc XD

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • If he was neglectful, then I'm pretty sure his Pokemon would hate him, but they understand that Ash is going off to a new region and they will gladly assist him whenever he needs.

And perhaps yes, he could have defeated Paul if he had Muk or Charizard, but where's the fun in that? Is that what you would suggest for ever hard battle he'll face? That he brings Charizard or Squirtle or whomever into the fray? I mean he still has Pikachu. . . not that the rat counts as much, but this if Pikachu we're talking about here. Besides, Ash prefers not to call on his old Pokemon alot when in a new region because he wants to let [insert region Pokemon here] have their time to shine and prove how strong they are, not sit them on the sidelines where they can rot and get upped by the fire breathing lizard.

I'm pretty sure he's even mentioned something similar about believing in his current Pokemon or what have you while battling. I think it was when he was fighting uhh Dome Ace Tucker and the ref asked if he wanted to bring out one of his old Pokemon and he refused, saying he'll stick with Swellow and Corphish.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    If ash brought his Original pokemon with him everywhere he would be unbeatable.
    Besides who wants to use the same team all the time?

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    There is only one pokemon I would have to say he was neglectful to: Pidgeot (or as it was before, Pidgeotto). That damn beach episode really got to me

Also, even I dont use all my pokemon. Some I just capture to just... capture. It is just to fill up my dex. Other times I catch them to be my HM slaves (especially when I need to use flash, where I just get one pokemon, teach it flash, and leave it in the PC, until I need to get through a cave) I also dont use my legendaries all the time. I just keep one legendary in my party (which ends up being my favorite legendary i.e. in pokemon emerald its either Kyogre or Rayquaza (most of the time kyogre)). Also I can remember having an unown once, had it in my party for most of the game, and when I put it in my PC it only had a level of 11 (yeah that was mostly due to its horrible stats and not to mention it only had ancient power (I had crystal alright)) while my other pokes had like 30 or 40 levels.

So yes its not necessary to actually use ALL your pokemon during the game. It doesnt actually make you neglectful if you dont use it. It usually fits mroe into the situation more or less

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Oh yeah, Pidgeot(to) was pretty much not there either, then he sort of just left it.
    When's the last time Pidgeot was refrenced in the anime?
    All the way back in Johto, when he first met Falkner.

Speaking of neglected.
    Am I the only one who think's Dawn neglects Pachirisu, I mean all her other Pokemon has more screen time than it, even with
    Spoiler:
    I swear it had more screen time than Pachirisu ever did and it just hatched too! Piplup and Buneary need to go somewhere, Mamoswine gets a decent amount of screen times, but poor little Pachi's never shown much.

All with the exception of Croagunk and sometimes Happiny, we can all just pretend Sudowoodo doesn't even exist on Brock's team, because it rarely shows up anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    I must say though, Ash has the most powerful Pikachu I have ever seen. How many Pikachu's have you seen in the anime world that could possibly defeat a Dragonite?

It's probably lvl 700 something since he uses it all the time lol

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Your right that creature must have a level 100... or it must be GLITCHED!!!

*BAM BAM BAMMMMM*

Btw was pikachu ever pichu? I mean pichu is supposed to learn volt tackle when it hatches, but Ash's pikachu learns it as a pikachu... that thing must be retarded or something.

Also I dont think it as a big problem when someone doesnt use pokemon as much. I really dont care for sudowoodo, but I agree, I wish Pachurisu had more screen time. That thing is so cute and not to mention his cry, pachi pachi ^^. I actually hate it when pokemon are OVERused. I.e. Pikachu. I really dont care for piplup having that much screen time... because to me its just some ripoff from Delibird.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I'll agree because of Primeape - he dumped it in training and it was never mentioned, thought of, or alluded to in any way.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't think he's neglectful, I just think he wants to CATCH 'EM ALL!

And if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have something like "He's using the Thunder as armor!"

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Oh yeah. Primeape was sorely neglected. We can just pretend Ash never even caught it.
    @Roach: No, Ash's Pikachu coulnd't have been a Pichu, the series first began in Kanto. Pichu's didn't exist during Gen 1. In fact Pokemon was supposed to end after the 1st Movie, but since it was such a bit hit and the fans demanded more Satoshi Taijiri just kept making more Pokemon to appease the fans.

Pikachu learned Volt Tackle when it used Quick Attack on Team Rocket. Pikachu shouldn't have been able to learn Volt Tackle, but this is Pikachu we're talking about, so its totally okay! [/sarcasm]
    Bleh, Piplup is okay, Buneary is beginning to become an irk Mamoswine is just hands down awesome and Pachirisu, I adore it, but we hardly see it cause it get's out shined by the Penguin and the Bunny and the Monkey, but even with Ambipom gone, Pachirisu's still on the back burner and makes me wonder why she even caught it at all, I mean Pachirisu only competed in like what 3 Contests in all? And I believe the first two all it did was appeal.

Atleast if Jessie had it we could probably see it bat heads with Pikachu every once in a while. . .
    If Team Rocket ever own an electric type, that would be awesome. . .
    Or if Meowth pummle Pikachu every now and then. I'd be very happy.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Well it loses to the first gym of each region because at the start of every saga, pikachu experiences this unexplained phenomenon called depowering. I swear when pikachu started Hoenn that thing looked like it did in when it started out, yet in teh Silver Conference it was kicking major ass, something I cannot explain.

Even though meowth gets a lot of air time, Id like to see it get more battle time, because when it battles its epic

Back