• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash stays in the anime *proof*

Years
    Hi Everyone!

Ive seen alot of forum threads passing by about the ending over The Pokemon Anime. And that they want another Main character. Scroll down if u want to see the proof!

First off: It will take alot of years when The Pokemon anime will end, Pokemon Is the/one of the succesfullst Anime ever. Top selling Pokemon games, Pokemon is the 2nd Succesfulst/Selling game in the world.

Second off: Why would everyone want to know the ending pokemon. Oke everything comes to a end that is true but this Tv show is so amazing that (nearly) no one wants that the Pokemon anime willd. But i think everyone is curious about the ending. But just forget that at the moment it wil take a long time.

Third off: Why wouldt u want to get rid of ash the 'hero' of our childhood. We all know that he stil hasnt acommplished his goal but if he Accomplish his goal The whole Pokemon Anime will end.

Finally The Proof: I will show u a interview With Masami Hidaka That Ash will never leave the anime serie untill this will end. *im proud of that*

Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.

I cant post the Url because i need more then 15 posts!

Ive got the Link if u want? Pm me for it, It was from the site: Pokebeach 2nd interview with Masamitsu Hidaka

Cheers to Ash and The Pokemon Anime!

Best Wishes,

Ash

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    First off: It will take alot of years when The Pokemon anime will end, Pokemon Is the/one of the succesfullst Anime ever. Top selling Pokemon games, Pokemon is the 2nd Succesfulst/Selling game in the world.
    Do you have statistics or a source that shows the terms of success for both the anime and games? Cause I dunno about 2nd most successful franchise in terms of video game sales...

Second off: Why would everyone want to know the ending pokemon. Oke everything comes to a end that is true but this Tv show is so amazing that (nearly) no one wants that the Pokemon anime willd. But i think everyone is curious about the ending. But just forget that at the moment it wil take a long time.
    Simply put its curiosity or mere speculating what they think may happen. I want to know what is happening in upcoming episodes cause I am interested to see the progress of the show. Naruto will take awhile, but I wouldn't want it to go on forever till the point it is extremely watered down. I don't think people want it to end per say, but want all these resets and same trends that tend to annoy the fanbase to end.

Third off: Why wouldt u want to get rid of ash the 'hero' of our childhood. We all know that he stil hasnt acommplished his goal but if he Accomplish his goal The whole Pokemon Anime will end.
    Like with Team Rocket, Ash and Pikachu to some people get stale after awhile. There is little change with either so it's a bit dis concerning to them. Many people want Ash to achieve his "goal" of becoming the best or whatever it is these days, but too do that the Writers actually have to make Ash as a character progress not regress ever Saga.

Finally The Proof: I will show u a interview With Masami Hidaka That Ash will never leave the anime serie untill this will end. *im proud of that*
    That interview by now is common knowledge to most people that are regular to this forum. It says Pokemon Master, which was never defined as to what it is. So for all we know once he beats a League he may be perceived or perceive himself as a "Pokemon Master".

"(since children get older and leave, and new children come in)"
    Also I hate this ridiculous assumption that the older fanbase moves on. I would venture to guess most of the people that actually post around here have been part of the fanbase since the beginning or AG.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Do you have statistics or a source that shows the terms of success for both the anime and games? Cause I dunno about 2nd most successful franchise in terms of video game sales...

I can't speak for the anime, but he was right about the video game franchise being the 2nd largest.

source

Sandwiched comfortably between Wii Sports and Mario.

Years

I can't speak for the anime, but he was right about the video game franchise being the 2nd largest.

Thanx for helping me with this argument
    I have read this in a dutch game magazine and i can search it on the internet if u want :)

And kenshin5 ive seen some more post of you on other threads it looks to me u alway have to argument about annything but that is My opinion and no im not starting a fight.

At My second part youre arguments are definetly right, but stil everyone watches pokemon and of course ash is so irritating and that is the main part because the pokemon company doesnt want on this moment that Ash will achieve his goal because if that happen the serie will defenitly end. (See interview)

As I can see in the Best Wishes and all the other series Ash has changed over and over again. Not special with clothing also with his feelings and the way he is acting.

And yes the term Pokemon Master has already sometime passed by in the pokemon serie. Ash an trip there 3rd battle. If u want to know what they where talking about please see the episode!

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

source

Thanks for the info Toujours, wow Halo 20 Million...

I don't know if we can really determine success by sales for the anime, but rather the ratings, since I know a lot people don't actually buy the DVD.

Also if they were going to replace Ash it really wouldn't do much good at this point, cause more then likely they would just be doing the same thing to another character. Wash rinse and repeat...

Years
    Thanks for the info Toujours, wow Halo 20 Million...

I don't know if we can really determine success by sales for the anime, but rather the ratings, since I know a lot people don't actually buy the DVD.

Also if they were going to replace Ash it really wouldn't do much good at this point, cause more then likely they would just be doing the same thing to another character. Wash rinse and repeat...

U are right about that and also the kids who lately joined The Pokemon anime dont have a clue who max is. Not if they give flashbacks or they wil reair episodes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    I can see both sides of the argument. It seems like Ash has not made any progress on his goal. This is evident in some of the amateurish moves he makes practically all the time. On the other hand you need to have closure and ending the anime or switching to a new character without any resolution will not work. I really like how they do introduce new characters and focus on their goals as well so the anime re-freshens. But Ash needs to progress far more. He has been to 3 different regions and he keeps on making the same mistakes/not learning.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Thanx for helping me with this argument
    I have read this in a dutch game magazine and i can search it on the internet if u want :)

And kenshin5 ive seen some more post of you on other threads it looks to me u alway have to argument about annything but that is My opinion and no im not starting a fight.

At My second part youre arguments are definetly right, but stil everyone watches pokemon and of course ash is so irritating and that is the main part because the pokemon company doesnt want on this moment that Ash will achieve his goal because if that happen the serie will defenitly end. (See interview)

As I can see in the Best Wishes and all the other series Ash has changed over and over again. Not special with clothing also with his feelings and the way he is acting.

And yes the term Pokemon Master has already sometime passed by in the pokemon serie. Ash an trip there 3rd battle. If u want to know what they where talking about please see the episode!
    I'd like to think of it more as debating or playing devils advocate for the sake of trying to innate a discussion of both sides of the case.

I don't see it so bad that it will end. They could always start off with a different character like they have in Digimon and Yugioh. I just don't want to constantly say "well we've seen this from him before" or "Wow he was coming up with some good strategies during League competion, but apparently he hits his head on the way to the next region every time".

I'm not sure what you mean by see Ash vs. Trip Third Battle since I already saw it. Unless there is a reference to what they define as a Master(even though last time I watched it the episode was Raw months back).

I can see both sides of the argument. It seems like Ash has not made any progress on his goal. This is evident in some of the amateurish moves he makes practically all the time. On the other hand you need to have closure and ending the anime or switching to a new character without any resolution will not work. I really like how they do introduce new characters and focus on their goals as well so the anime re-freshens. But Ash needs to progress far more. He has been to 3 different regions and he keeps on making the same mistakes/not learning.
    The only thing about introducing the goals is that it doesn't seem like we get to see their end goal or results of it. Misty wanted to be the best Water Trainer, not she is stuck in the Cerulean gym while her sisters do whatever. I don't think she can really achieve that goal stuck in a gym all that time. Brock wanted to be one of the best breeders, we saw him doing breeding activities then he says "Oh now I want to be a doctor". I concur, what continuial fans want to see him do the same stuff over and over again "Oh there is a pokemon! *Throws Pokeball* "Ah why no capture!". It's like we are playing a video game series and they keep showing the tutorial and that is Ash mistakes.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The only way to fix this is to reboot the franchise, and nobody wants that because we will have only 151 Pokemon again, and Pokemon from the later generations won't be seen again for years to come, so yeah, nobody wants a reboot.

Years
    The only way to fix this is to reboot the franchise, and nobody wants that because we will have only 151 Pokemon again, and Pokemon from the later generations won't be seen again for years to come, so yeah, nobody wants a reboot.

You are absolutely right but one dissapointment is that how can the Pokemon Company make more and more pokemon, i am thinking they are going to run out of idea's quick enough.

But that doesnt mather for the anime u can make different story lines,The same with what they did from the Hoen region back to Kanto the battle frontier!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I've been through with Ash's inability to make shrewd decisions during battles. He's gone through 4 regions, beat legendaries with his "normal" pokemon, yet with same pokemon he can't defeat a noob snivy with Quick Attack/Iron Tail or something.

The producers could well make Ash win a league, create a brand new protagonist according to region (Black/Toyua (or whatever)/Hilbert for Unova), and have older protagonists appear later (like in the manga) and still be successful, but again it's a gamble (If this was the plan, Ash should've been a champion LONG time ago). Who knows if children won't like it when the main protagonist suddenly changes? (I haven't seen anime much recently so I can't really pull out any examples)

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    You are absolutely right but one dissapointment is that how can the Pokemon Company make more and more pokemon, i am thinking they are going to run out of idea's quick enough.

But that doesnt mather for the anime u can make different story lines,The same with what they did from the Hoen region back to Kanto the battle frontier!

About half the Pokemon in the 5th Generation they tried to hard for creating the Pokemon. I read somewhere but don't remember where that the 6th Generation will be the last (Just rumored), just the thought of it is..there's more and another game for another region coming to DS! Then again, the thought of it just scares me a little as I love Pokemon to much if it will be the last. 5th Generation is still new and will be around for another 2-3 years. So whatever everyone's watching, remember enjoy watching Pokemon because we won't know if it's still being aired in another 5-10 years.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I read somewhere that Nintendo officially mentioned that this is Ash's last journey. It could either mean Ash is leaving the show, or the show is ending.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    My friend's, uncle's, brother's, friend's, buddy said that...

LOL sorry :D But if people are going to be pullin' out the "I heard this", I think they should be posting some links.

Back