• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash

What do you think about Ash Ketchum?

• Excellent

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Good

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Terrible!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Syaoran-Kun

Wave Master
    Years
    Prince Kingdra said:
    He's bad because he's so annoying!:tired:
    How does being bad and being annoying have to do with each other? :2: And, how is Satoshi annoying, anyhow? O.o
    And uh.... His pikachu, is so weak. How did it learn Iron Tail that easily?
    Yeah, it won over 100 battles and beat a Dragonite. It's so weak. @_@

Satoshi is an okay trainer, he's not the brightest, but he sure pulls a heck of a good job at battling. :)

Kanta-chan

.:Sakura:.
    Years
    Off topic: Better hope Toto/Angela read that first post. =]

On topic: Ash is cool. =] Basically, everyone summed up my reasons. ^^; Y'know, him being so nice to his Pokemon. His stubborness is funny. XD

Years
    Ash is a great trainer,he is brave and loyal to his friends and kind,especially to his pokemon. ,yeah he still needs work on his battle skills, but still he's a great trainer, and his pikachu is cool.

Years
    Um...o_o;

Satoshi is my favourite character. I think just about everyone can relate to him, and that's one of the best things about him. He proves that even ordinary people can make their dreams come true~ *corny* Sure, he wins most of the time (keep in mind, this is the anime), but I think he deserves it. He works hard at everything he does and sets his pokemon, friends, and even random people before himself. Plus he's cute and has a great personality. :3

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I think Ash Ketchum is awesome :cool: .....because he is a talented trainer,loves his pokemon and has a lot of confidence...but hey for u people who don't like him, its your opinion and nothing else is there to it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    *eye twitches* Ash's Pikachu isn't weak... it can take 5 evolved Pokemon out in one Thunder Bolt attack.... x___x (Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon...You don't dis Pikachu infront of Drew...*twitch*) but yeah, Ash is cool. I don't dislike him or anything. I agree with Houshi-chan, what she said about him is pretty much what I think as well.

Last edited:

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Ash has grown on me since I first seen the series in 97. Though for some reason, for the past nearly nine years, they haven't show him age hardly at all. Meaning he looks as if he's still the same height and still about 12 years old. Plus in today's episode, The Relicanth Can, Jessie mentioned something about them having the sub for all of these years. Wouldn't that be a sign of things?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Ash is really awesome! He has approved over the years and he is doing a wonderful job for sure. =3 He is the reason I watch the anime. XD And Pikachu is awesome too. It was my very first Pokemon I liked. So yeah he is Excellent. ^__^

Years
    I personaly disliked ash, till max n may, argh, stuped fansurvice character, any way, I still want a new hero, DP kids, thats what I was hoping for hoenn, May n Brendan, and Brendan Finishes the league, May does contests, and no Ash clones, Treeko and Torchik starers, BOS is it possable to prefer Satoshi over Ash? I do

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
    Years
    I just don't like how Ash apparently almost always has to win :/

also how he left alot of his good pokemon like he sadi he would go get pidgeot back but did he? No its like he just forgot about it ;.;

meh he is alright...I guess, he is just a tad bit overated for my taste

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Actually, in the Japanese version Satoshi just lets Pidgeot go, as apposed to Ash saying that he'll get him back.... Same thing with Butterfree... the things die after they mate... but the dub made it seem like they were just leaving for awhile.... x__x

---

And Yes, Puppy, it is possible to like Satoshi better then Ash... I do. I mean I like both of them, but Satoshi has a more interesting personality.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Really, wow? I'm actually kinda happy it was a mistranslation... at least I know it lived. ^^;

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
    Years
    Yeah, that's interesting......

I didn't know that either.

Anyway, I'm actually one of the few people here who likes Ash more than Satoshi.

Of course, that's probably cause of two things:

1. I don't understand Japanese.
    2. I've seen all of the dub episodes, and I always watch the dub. I love the dub!

So, anyway, I really love Ash! <3

He's great! ^_^

And of course, I like Satoshi too, since they're both practically the same person anyway, lol. XD

I just like Ash more than Satoshi. ^^

Years
    *another Ash fangirl comes in* XD

Anyway, I think he's really cool ^^ He's a great trainer, he's very friendly, and he's never terrible to his Pokemon. True, he's not the smartest sometimes, but you have to admit, he can be very intellegent in his battles when he has to be, like the battle between Tate and Liza. ^^
    And he's attractive :3

...Pikachu weak, and yet it learns Iron Tail *quickly*? That doesn't seem right at all. =P

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
    Ash is cool. I think he's had his run though. It'd be amusing if they went for awhile without him in the anime.... but then after a certain amount of time it'd get dull... It would be just wrong without Ash. I like him as a main character.

Back