• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I'm sorry if I placed this in the wrong place, I thought it was pokemon general related.

Anyway, its been years and years, but I keep hearing Ash is still ten...what do you guys think? Do you think he's older, even by a year?
    I think its a little crazy to think he's still young, well, that young.

So, do you think he's a little older?

*And here is a side question. How would you feel if someone made him older in fanfictions? Would that ruin it for ya?*

Years
  • Physically, Ash is still ten. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't mature mentally.

Anyways, I'll just copypasta my usual response for these type of threads.

Let's take a look at Brock's siblings.

Here they are in Episode 5 (Very early into the series)
    Ash's Age?

Episode 1 of Chronicals (After Johto)
    Ash's Age?

Episode 451 (Battle Frontier)
    Ash's Age?

Not to mention that a developer stated that Ash and Pikachu will never age during an interview.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I doubt he would think of girls when he's always thinking of Pokemon lol

Who knows, maybe at the end of Pokemon, he'll age?

Years
  • Yeah, well, he said to Brock one time that they've been at it for years now, I think that may have been when fighting Team Rocket in Hoenn.
    So I'm guessing 12/13 at the most.

But no, he's not aging.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Okay :D

How would you feel if they made him older than ten? Would it effect your look at his character and the show?

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
  • I'd love it if he'd age personally, unfortunately Ash is eternally 10 and will never reach adolescence!

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Having Ash aged would ruin the show, if he were to aged, he would be around 21/22 years old?. It's been 12 years since the show aired on the US, and he still is, and looks like a 10 year old, but seems to be more mature mentally.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Well, they wouldn't have to make him age all those years, really, but maybe a little older? Like 13-14?

I....can no longer take a 10 year old boy seriously >.>

Years
  • Okay :D

How would you feel if they made him older than ten? Would it effect your look at his character and the show?
    I would like it, It'd be nice to see Ash slowly grow up. Making the boy age would only make him more interesting as a character. Whenever I watch the old Kanto episodes it feels like Ash is a little kid. He's maturing, just not aging.

However, if Ash became 30 there'd definitely be something wrong.
    @_@

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    He wouldn't have to be twenty, and I get that he is still young for the younger generation, but seriously, I think most of the audience of Pokemon are past "10".

I think they should at least make him 13 or maybe 14, that's better than never aging.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • Ash is like Peter Pan, he will never grow.. so he's 10, for sure. Ok, maybe 12, but he still looks like he's 10! :D

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Haha I'd love it if he actually stays the same. :)

I mean if he were to become older, wouldn't he have like a mustache or something?

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Well, they wouldn't need to make him that old.

I was a child when he started. Its very creepy he isn't at least 13 :(

DEZTROY4

hey smogon fags:try and get me
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    They should make him atleast 16.

It would be like Naruto that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back