• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Butterfree

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    Ok so he let his butterfree go and let it mate... what do you think butterfree is doing now? and will it ever come back or at least make an appearance?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2006
    It has too. And if I were Ash I wouldn't let him go. Catch him a Butterfree he's in love with, then bring them to their natural habitat.

"Butterfree, fly!"

Yes, Ash riding his Butterfree across the ocean XD

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    And if I were Ash I wouldn't let him go. Catch him a Butterfree he's in love with, then bring them to their natural habitat.

thats actually a good idea... did that pink butterfree have a trainer?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I think it did.

It would be nice to see Ash's butterfree again. There may be a chance of he returning but that is a bit slim.

The last time we see anything of Ash's butterfree is in the current Japanese opening theme song.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think if Butterfree came back say during a league match, it won't be very much stronger (that's what I feel...). Butterfree's different from the rest like Charizard, who has been training at that place (forgot the name) with other strong Charizards; Squirtle, who has been training fighting fires with the Squirtle Squad (superb accuracy XD; and Bulbasaur, who went back to the the village to protect others (I think).

Either way, these Pokemon are becoming stronger and stronger, whereas Butterfree... perhaps he's only protecting his family or something... hmmms o.O

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    A butterfly's maximum lifespan is about 4 months ~ 11/12 months, and assuming it's been at the very least a year after Ash released his Butterfree...

=x Mm, it's probably not going to come back, like that awesome Pidgeot, and Primeape~

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Lily said:
    A butterfly's maximum lifespan is about 4 months ~ 11/12 months, and assuming it's been at the very least a year after Ash released his Butterfree...

=x Mm, it's probably not going to come back, like that awesome Pidgeot, and Primeape~

Does that mean Butterfree just... dies?? o.o Hmm.. yeah, I wonder if Pidgeot's ever gonna come back.. It's one of the coolest and strongest pure flying types XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Lily said:

This is Pokemon, not real life creatures. That lifespan doesn't apply.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I know lifespans don't apply, and I know how to differentiate between Pokemon and real creatures. 'twas all musings. ;_;!

But I do believe Butterfree died off, just not in that sense. Possibilities on bringing him back is slim to none, as Ash released him way early in the series. o.o;

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    where you get that info that butterfree's life spans are only four months?

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    that'd be sad if it did, maybe sometime after the Kanto Battle Frontier Butterfree mght just trun up, but that's a stuupid idea lol

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    actually, I'd rather see Charizard or Squirtle or Bulbasaur returning than to see Butterfree returning for battles.. lols

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    Didn't it say in the Japanese version that Butterfree die after mating? It showed up in Spurt so I guess there is a chance that he runs into it, but I doubt he'd take it back since it started a family.

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    lol jeez thats pretty harsh for the writers of pokemon to just say butterfree's die after they mate... i dont think the kids would like to see butterfree's dieing after they mated lol

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    snorlax_32 said:
    lol jeez thats pretty harsh for the writers of pokemon to just say butterfree's die after they mate... i dont think the kids would like to see butterfree's dieing after they mated lol

I remember reading that that was just an old mis-translation of the original Japanese pokedex entry.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    *·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦*·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-: ¦
    Well i think it well became the leader of the route and then helped all the other ones stay out of trouble. But a trainer that may have come to get it and succesfully caught it and Butterfree forgot about Ash. But i think my first idea makes more sence.

hhsimpsonqueen

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    simpsonqueen said:
    *·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦*·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-: ¦
    Well i think it well became the leader of the route and then helped all the other ones stay out of trouble. But a trainer that may have come to get it and succesfully caught it and Butterfree forgot about Ash. But i think my first idea makes more sence.

hhsimpsonqueen

Yup.. the first point was better and more possible XD

Back