• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Evolutions

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
    Years
    OK If anyone agrees with me please tell me. WHY DOESNT ANY OF ASH's POKEMON EVOLVE. I mean pokemon like Charmander and Treeko evolved fully, but those are the only good ones. I mean if ash's bublasaur evolved he could swamp every trainer he comes by. And what if his Johto pokemon evolved. I mean Typhlosion, Feraliugator and Meganium would have been awsome! Please tell me if you agree

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    GOD BLESS YOU. My friend and I always say that <_< Ash always keeps tinsy winsy pokemon I hate that -_- If ash actually spent time to envolved his pokemon he would be smashing Paul (Sorry Paul) But yea he really needs to do this

Chibbichan

The Chibi Pokémon Master
    Years
    Obvoiulsy because he never trains to evolve his pokemon (dont know why...) and he doesnt know when they evolve,
    in pokemon games if we dont know when a pokemon evolves we just keep training it but ash doesnt

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    OK If anyone agrees with me please tell me. WHY DOESNT ANY OF ASH's POKEMON EVOLVE. I mean pokemon like Charmander and Treeko evolved fully, but those are the only good ones. I mean if ash's bublasaur evolved he could swamp every trainer he comes by. And what if his Johto pokemon evolved. I mean Typhlosion, Feraliugator and Meganium would have been awsome! Please tell me if you agree

Ash's Bulbasaur could have evolved but didn't want to. It was in one of the episodes I have on tape, but I'm too lazy to look. ;P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    That was back in Kanto/Johto. They're starting to let his Pokemon evolve now, well more at least. I think they only evolved Charmander evolve because everyone thought Charizard was cool but they kept the others the same maybe for fear of people not liking the evolutions? I mean, they didn't let him catch a Pidgey, they only let him catch a Pidgeotto and when it evolved he released it. His Butterfree evolved because, well, Caterpie and Metapod are just TOO weak. And he let Primeape go so...and he caught Muk fully evolved too. Johto was the worst with only his Chikorita evolving...once. He caught Noctowl fully evolved.

Advanced was kind of better, they let his Tailow and Grovyle evolve. Starly's already evolve and I suppose Aipom and Turtwig will evolve sometime too.

Donphan and Kingler are fully evolved too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I'd love to see Aipom evolve. I knew the whole reason he caught an Aipom in the Battle Frontier is so it could evolve in the D/P series.

Oh yeah, and Torterea would be awesome.

I hope Brock's Crogunk evolves too.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    aipoms evolution is sooooo ugly so i dont hope she evolves.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Nu uh, Aipoms is pretty cool I actually think that if it evolved it would be wicked. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    What the heck are you guys complaining about?

Every single one of Ash's captures from Hoenn onward evolved except for Corphish. How could anyone complain about the lack of evolutions when Ash has been evolving EVERYTHING he has since Hoenn began?

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    What the heck are you guys complaining about?

Every single one of Ash's captures from Hoenn onward evolved except for Corphish. How could anyone complain about the lack of evolutions when Ash has been evolving EVERYTHING he has since Hoenn began?

not Torkoal! haha :D

----------

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

Look at the bold part. That's exactly why the writers aren't having his pokemon evolve. The show would be boring, and like this:

1.) Ash and co travel to some city
    2.) Ash battles leader and wins

And goes on until he gets to the league, but by then all watchers will have given up watching the show.

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
    Years
    Look at the bold part. That's exactly why the writers aren't having his pokemon evolve. The show would be boring, and like this:

And goes on until he gets to the league, but by then all watchers will have given up watching the show.

I watch the show because of the battle action. just because he has venusaur doesnt mean he will win every time

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years

Does anybody realize that even with fully evovled pokemon, everyone else could have those too to make things more interesting. I think I'd have more fun watching the show if Ash's Blastiose was fighting a Gardevoir. Gary's fights were cool with his fully evolved pokemon. Heck I always got excited just to see a fully evolved pokemon fight for once.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    Does anybody realize that even with fully evovled pokemon, everyone else could have those too to make things more interesting. I think I'd have more fun watching the show if Ash's Blastiose was fighting a Gardevoir. Gary's fights were cool with his fully evolved pokemon. Heck I always got excited just to see a fully evolved pokemon fight for once.

could'nt agree more.

o.O

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

Maybe.

I could see it from your point of view, and it WOULD be interesting. The writers just don't see it, I guess?

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I'm a bit confused why Bayleef evolved but the other Johto starters didn't.
    I don't think that Bulbasaur needed to evolve, because it already knew powerful moves like Solarbeam. Plus, I'd say It's about as strong as a Venasaur anyway. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    bulbasaur ls alrdy far surpassed level venussaur , lf u ask me
    bulbasaur ls ash's strongest pokemon
    then charizard

Back