• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Water Pokemon?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
  • After all the commotion about Ash's fire type, and seeing Dawn catch buizel, i'm at a loss, who will be Ash's Water Pokemon for Sinnoh?

Really the only choice is Finneon or Lumineon, and i don't see him with either of those, and he's already had several chances to catch a bidoof(which i'm most sure that he doesn't want it seeing as he's already got two normals on his team)

Years
  • Hmm... I'd say that Ash gets either a Shellos/Gastrodon eventually as his water type, or he could get an ice type since they're pretty much the same... He could get a Snover or Weavile. It'd be awesome to see Ash with a Frosslass though :P

Chibaymega12

Years
  • I used to think that ice and water were generaly the same thing too, but lately i've been thinking differently

I forgot about gastrodon, it'd be like a water and ground version of the Lapras that he used to have

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'm hoping that the writers will break the mold of having to have fire/water/grass all on his team.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    He doesn't need a water pokemon on his team you know.. >> Though, if he does get one, I'd imagine it'd be shellos.

By the way, this should be in TV shows and movies part of the forums.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • Yea Ar I totatlly agree what if he gets his Totodile back! And like near the end of sinnoh I could imagine it would be a feraligator but then again ash is a loser and wants to start fresh -_- so i don't think so.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I think Mantyke. The reason if you nocitce, pokemon like Buizel that were introduced in movies eventually get caught my a main charecter(well if they are popular). Most people liek Mantyke, so I'm gonna go with that. I mean he could bring Totodile back, but I doubt it. I mean how would they set up the episode? I mean he randomly can't just bring it back.

I don't think Gyarados he would catch for the sole reason that Misty has one and main charecters never have the same pokemon.

Bidoof would work, but the writers had a perfect chance in "Face with Steelix of determination." For him to catch the one that they directely befriended, so I doubt it.

Chibbichan

The Chibi Pokémon Master
    Years
  • a gyarados would be awesome, but knowing him, he'll leave it somewhere like he's done with every other good pokemon he's ever had

In the episodes gyarados is like an evil pokemon,
    and ash has good and nice pokemon, like tailow, squirtle
    i dont think he'll have an evil pokemon

Ash's Water Pokemon?

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Bidoof is so wierd looking! Every time I see him in the wild I say "Bidoof Hitler". I have to much hate for the little thing, IDKY I just do.

But as I said Mantyke. And maybe Brock catchs a Remoraid (Or misty comes Back for 2 Epis) so it evolves Mantke into Mantine!

As you see from the Eng. Pokemon Opening 3 water pokemon jump from the water. A Mantyke(maybe Ashs) and Buziel (dawns) and a Manaphy(?).

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Years
  • there's no way in hell that he's gonna catch a friggin bidoof. I'm gonna rule out totodile(and squirtle), as much as i'd love to him back, thats not the way the creators play, i'd be totally happy with it if he caught another water pokemon and more pokemon to expand his choices in the pokemon league tournament

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • I think Mantyke. The reason if you nocitce, pokemon like Buizel that were introduced in movies eventually get caught my a main charecter(well if they are popular). Most people liek Mantyke, so I'm gonna go with that. I mean he could bring Totodile back, but I doubt it. I mean how would they set up the episode? I mean he randomly can't just bring it back.

I don't think Gyarados he would catch for the sole reason that Misty has one and main charecters never have the same pokemon.

Bidoof would work, but the writers had a perfect chance in "Face with Steelix of determination." For him to catch the one that they directely befriended, so I doubt it.

Actually, May had a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur during the Advanced Generation, Ash had those pokemon as well.

I don't think a Bidoof would work. It's too "plain" for a main character's pokemon. The main characters don't really catch the "normal-type rodent" pokemon.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Ash with a Gyarados? Come on people we're talking Ash here not Gary! He'll definately stick to a Magikarp, saying that,"oh, those people's magikarp beat my pikachu, it must be strong!"

Chibaymega12

Years
  • yeah, i agree with brock lee, if ash wanted a magikarp, it would definately not evolve, it would stay the same wimpy pokemon with 2 attacks

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Actually, May had a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur during the Advanced Generation, Ash had those pokemon as well.

I don't think a Bidoof would work. It's too "plain" for a main character's pokemon. The main characters don't really catch the "normal-type rodent" pokemon.

Actually the had crossed my mind as well. Also if you think about it, Gary is technically a main charecter and he has an eevee before it evovled to Umbreon. In retrospect, it was at different times though. I mean Ash still HAS them, but not in his main line up and that's more what I was refering too. Now you could use May and Jessie both ahving Wurmple as an example, but its not like they are always seen together like Asha nd Dawn would be. I mean think about two little Buizel walking around at the same time right behind Ash and Dawn.

As for Bidoof, I compaltely agree, but people only think Bidoof, because it evolved into Bebarel(or however the heck you spell it). I say mantyke, because it was one of those over endorsed first revealed pokemon.

So the options left are Shellos and Manytke. He ussually has the "land dweller" that's a bi-ped. However, that's not the case here since neither of those can be considered bipeds in anyway(Well then again Corphish really wasn't a biped). So I dunno, but its one of thsoe two.

Back