• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aurora ticket npc not triggering event or item

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hello
    I am trying to make an npc both give the aurora ticket key item and also enable the event. the code ive written is as follows.

'---------------
    #org 0xE40F40
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x1201
    if 0x1 goto 0x8E40B15
    msgbox 0x8E40B20 0x6 '"Sigh you leave us no choice kid.\n..."
    giveitem 0x172 0x1 0x0
    setflag 0x8E0
    setflag 0x1201
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0xE40B15
    msgbox 0x8E40B76 0x6 '"The fate of Shoal cave depends on\..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0xE40B20
    = Sigh you leave us no choice kid.\nUse this item and calm the\llegendary monster down.

#org 0xE40B76
    = The fate of Shoal cave depends on\nyou kid.

It only makes the npc tell you the last line. I am very new to rom hacking and i am making an event and a story about the shoal cave and Lugia/Ho-oH. I would appericiate a rewritten script as well as pointers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I think so? the flag 1201 is the one people seem to use to check if an event is done. At least that is what i seem to gather, so the npc cant be triggered twice. The other flag is supposed to be the flag for the event in emerald.

Back