• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Automatic Bag Sorting

Years
    I've been poking around in the bag scripts and I've been wondering if there's some way I can add a feature to have a bag be automatically sorted based on a player's choice between ID, Alphabetical order, ect. much like the generation 6 games offered. The biggest issue I've been having is finding code that determines how Essentials automatically sorts items. Any help figuring this out is much appreciated!

Years
    In the "Settings" script there should be a line like this:
    POCKETAUTOSORT = [0,false,false,false,true,true,false,false,false]
    set it all to true and all pockets should automatically sort by ID. I dunno about other orders like Alphabetical trough.

Years
    In the "Settings" script there should be a line like this:
    POCKETAUTOSORT = [0,false,false,false,true,true,false,false,false]
    set it all to true and all pockets should automatically sort by ID. I dunno about other orders like Alphabetical trough.

Well, I know about that, but what I'm asking is how does the code go about sorting a bag by ID and how would one be able to change it in order to add different sorting methods. This is something that's been confusing me for a while, but I have seen some fan games out there made in essentials able to accomplish it...

Back