• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen awsomest combo ever!

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
  • this is the most awsome combo ever!

it works on any game really, it's a easy way to win link battles

1) you need-a sablye, a shedninja and a chansey

2)get the chansey to learn ablility swap(i think that is name)

3)get into a battle with your friend/foe, send shedninja and chansey out first

4)make chansey use ablility swap, it now has wondergard

5)withdraw shedninja, and send in sablye

6)make chansey use ability swap again

7)now, sablye has wonderguard as an ability

8)wonderguard makes it so no moves can hit exept supereffective ones

9) lets see, sablye is a dark/ghost, is any move supereffective on it? no!

10) you now have an invincable pokemon

SebastienBlue

Steel type trainer
    Years
  • Use a spinda and slaking. Use Spinda's skill swap. And get rid of slaking's truant.
    Slaking got one of the highest base stats excluding the Legendaries.
    Slaking has the third highest attack of any Pokémon in any game. However, it is tied with Regigigas and is surpassed by Rampardos and the attack form of Deoxys. Slacking has the highest base stat average of any non-legendary Pokémon, though its ability significantly ruins its potential.
    So if you remove Truant, you will have one of the strongest ever pokemon in your arsenal.
    Hmm my preferred movepool for Slaking
    Facade. (If someone inflict Slaking with status problem, facade's power will double. Combined with Slaking's attack stats, it will inflict major damages on opposition's poke. At 140 power, it's just below hyper beam and doesn't need to recharge. And it's the same type attack as Slaking, so it's damage will be 1.5x )
    Aerial Ace. ( Takes out Fighting types )
    Brick Break. ( Takes out high defense Rock and Steel types. As a Steel type trainer, I can fully understand Steel types. They are freaking tough. )
    Shadow Ball ( Takes out Psychic types. Psychic types pose major threats with their high Special Attack stats. Shadow Ball uses the Attack stat. Psychics have low HP and Defense. One hit of Shadow Ball can take it out. )

In-battle effect items to fit Slaking:
    BrightPowder ( It lowers the accuracy of the opponent. )
    FocusBand ( May allow Slaking to survive a fatal attack with 1 HP. )
    Leftovers ( Restores 1/16 of Slaking's maximum HP (rounded down) each round when held. )
    ScopeLens ( Increases the critical hit probability )
    ShellBell ( Restores 1/8 of the damage dealt by Slaking to it's HP )
    Silk Scarf ( Enhance Facade )
    Oran and Sitrus Berries ( Restore HP )
    Liechi Berry ( Raise Attack when HP fall under 1/3 )

That's all for now. The Skill Swap-Slaking combo is horrifying in battle.
    I will post other combos if anyone request for it xD

UBCS

Lotad lover
    Years
  • this is the most awsome combo ever!

it works on any game really, it's a easy way to win link battles

1) you need-a sablye, a shedninja and a chansey

2)get the chansey to learn ablility swap(i think that is name)

3)get into a battle with your friend/foe, send shedninja and chansey out first

4)make chansey use ablility swap, it now has wondergard

5)withdraw shedninja, and send in sablye

6)make chansey use ability swap again

7)now, sablye has wonderguard as an ability

8)wonderguard makes it so no moves can hit exept supereffective ones

9) lets see, sablye is a dark/ghost, is any move supereffective on it? no!

10) you now have an invincable pokemon

Thats not true! A Psychic Pokemon will take care of your sablye!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    No, Dark Is strong against psychic....

Psychic Owns Fightings , Which Owns Dark, Which owns psychic. Ohh io_0. Therefore a Dark/Ghost has very few weaknesses.

Actually It has Zero Supereffective Types

Normal, Fighting, Psychic, all = Zero x effective
    Poison is .5 Effective
    Flying Ground Rock Bug Ghost Steel Grass Fire Water Electric Ice Dark and Dragon are all 1x Effective

With A Damn nice learnset, tm set, and breeding moveset, as well as nice Defense and Attack Stats and The Abilities Stall and Keen Eye, Keen preventing accuracy loss its no wonder this pokemon does not evolve.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • 1) The Move is called Skill Swap. And many other pokemon can learn Skill Swap than Spinda and Chansey. Much more better pokemon.
    2) Wonder Guard cannot be skill swapped.
    3) Even if it did work, I'd hardly call it invincible. With good strategy to whittle down your pokemons health, its not invincible. It will need several turns to destroy the pokemon. And Leech Seed + Toxic + Weather + Block = Pretty powerful combination that can put an end to it.
    4)TruantSwapping, however, works very well. Slaking is one of the most powerful pokemon in the game once it gets rid of Truant. But this combination was known long ago.

UBCS: Dark type pokemon are immune to Psychic type attacks. Sableye has no x2 or x 4 weaknesses.
    Tanro: Sableye's stats are quite terrible, actually. All are below average. Stall is the worst possible ability you could have, I'd rather have no ability at all; Keen Eye does nothing. Spiritomb is all the rage, now. Its basically a stronger version of Sableye.

SebastienBlue

Steel type trainer
    Years
  • Yesterday I was experimenting with my Tyranitar-Dragonite combo.
    I specifically trained them up to lv70 for the battle tower in fire red. Minus-ing the sand storm, I find that the two pseudo-legendary pokemon complement each other rather well.
    Tyranitar got an absolutely devastating Earthquake. It can hit a Chansey to half it's HP.
    I thought my Dragonite return, then maxed out it's happiness. The Return attack power become 102.
    Couple with Dragonite's high attack, it hits hard.

My Tyra's moveset
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Hyper Beam

My Draco's moveset
    Return
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Claw
    Hyper Beam

Years
  • An easy way to train a Golem: (Has one drawback, though)
    Reduce its happiness.
    Teach it Frustration+Explosion
    With base Atk 130, it would hurt.
    After it faints, Revive it using a Revival Herb (IIRC tha's the name)
    After lots of Explosion, Frustration's power would boost.
    Drawback = 2 Normal moves in a Pokemon.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • An easy way to train a Golem: (Has one drawback, though)
    Reduce its happiness.
    Teach it Frustration+Explosion
    With base Atk 130, it would hurt.
    After it faints, Revive it using a Revival Herb (IIRC tha's the name)
    After lots of Explosion, Frustration's power would boost.
    Drawback = 2 Normal moves in a Pokemon.

Another drawback. Frustration has a limit to how powerful it can get. And Earthquake is already stronger than Frustration at the maximum power.

And the more you train with it, the higher the Friendship gets.

Why don't you EV train it? :/

Yesterday I was experimenting with my Tyranitar-Dragonite combo.
    I specifically trained them up to lv70 for the battle tower in fire red. Minus-ing the sand storm, I find that the two pseudo-legendary pokemon complement each other rather well.
    Tyranitar got an absolutely devastating Earthquake. It can hit a Chansey to half it's HP.
    I thought my Dragonite return, then maxed out it's happiness. The Return attack power become 102.
    Couple with Dragonite's high attack, it hits hard.

My Tyra's moveset
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Hyper Beam

My Draco's moveset
    Return
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Claw
    Hyper Beam
    Ew. Those movesets are terrible. And there are far more better attacks that Dragonite can learn than Return. Dragon Claw has a base power of 80. But it gets STAB boost, so 120 would be the new base power of Dragon Claw, which is superior to Return's base power.

Hitting Chansey to half it's HP is nothing to be proud of. It's Blissey you should be worried about, and Earthquake should do more damage than half. Pump some EVs into its Attack stat or something. :/ Rock Slide would be more powerful than Earthquake. 75 + STAB (38) = 118 Which is higher than Earthquake's Base Power.

And Ew. Hyper Beam ._. That move fails big time. :/

darkion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Well
    Another combo is to simply have levitate on an electric type.
    No super effective moves.
    My electrode defeated 2 claydols sice skill swap got it levitate

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thats strange, seeing as electrode doesn't learn skill swap. ON top of that skill swap is a terrible move, so if the claydol used it, its no big deal beating an idiot

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • How about this: Get a Shedinja and teach it Mimic through a tutor. Then, get a [faster] Pokémon with Endeavor. Now if I remembered correctly, it works in double battles like this:
    1st turn: The other Pokémon uses Endeavor, Shedinja Mimics it
    2nd+ turn: Shedinja uses Endeavor against a foe, always leaving it at 1 HP

Please comment if my strategy I just came up with was useful. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had already found this one, but...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    How about this: Get a Shedinja and teach it Mimic through a tutor. Then, get a [faster] Pokémon with Endeavor. Now if I remembered correctly, it works in double battles like this:
    1st turn: The other Pokémon uses Endeavor, Shedinja Mimics it
    2nd+ turn: Shedinja uses Endeavor against a foe, always leaving it at 1 HP

Please comment if my strategy I just came up with was useful. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had already found this one, but...

I don't know... It sounds like it would work, but I can think of one thing that might prevent it. Though I commonly use Endeavor (it's so fun to play with!), I still can't figure out if it's dealing damage through something like percentages of the whole HP amounts of the Pokemon. If this were the case, for instance, Shedinja would use Endeavor, but because it is at its full HP, its 100% of HP meets with the opponent's 100% of HP and does barely any damage. I can't be so sure on this, but it's either that or my Swellow has some pretty unexpected HP in comparison to some of the Pokemon I trained him against.

Now, on the topic of Endeavor (but everyone probably knows about this one)...

F.E.A.R.
    Ratatta or Raticate @ Focus Sash
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack

I guess you could use something else that can learn those two moves, but then you can't call it a rodent, can you? I just had to post it, seeing as I love these things...

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
  • As far as I know, Endeavor lowers the foe's HP to the same amount the user's HP is. So, technically Shedinja should then have a False Swipe with unlimited power. It could be used as a good catching aid too... if only there were 2 vs 2 wild battles :P (w/o Gameshark)

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I don't know... It sounds like it would work, but I can think of one thing that might prevent it. Though I commonly use Endeavor (it's so fun to play with!), I still can't figure out if it's dealing damage through something like percentages of the whole HP amounts of the Pokemon. If this were the case, for instance, Shedinja would use Endeavor, but because it is at its full HP, its 100% of HP meets with the opponent's 100% of HP and does barely any damage. I can't be so sure on this, but it's either that or my Swellow has some pretty unexpected HP in comparison to some of the Pokemon I trained him against.

Now, on the topic of Endeavor (but everyone probably knows about this one)...

F.E.A.R.
    Ratatta or Raticate @ Focus Sash
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack

I guess you could use something else that can learn those two moves, but then you can't call it a rodent, can you? I just had to post it, seeing as I love these things...
    PIE and FEAR? Those combos are highly looked down upon. It only guarantees the fainting of one Pokemon. Its suicide D:

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • PIE and FEAR? Those combos are highly looked down upon. It only guarantees the fainting of one Pokemon. Its suicide D:

Just asking, I know about FEAR, but what's PIE? Haven't heard of that before. :S

Back