• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Azelf PLEASE!

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2008
    Can anyone give me any tips on catching Azelf in pokemon Pearl? Please, I really can't catch it...I've gone through about 50 Ultraballs!

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I think this is the wrong section. o.o

Anywho, Azelf gave me loads of trouble. I'd suggest catching Uxie first, then grab a quick ball or two and some timer balls. Uxie has Yawn, which will leave Azelf immobile as long as it doesn't use Uproar before it falls asleep.
    But before you even bother using Yawn, throw a quick ball at it. If that doesn't work, continue to battle with it. If you end up going through 50 or so ultra balls again, start throwing timer balls.

Personally, I ended up catching all of them randomly. When I was about to do what I just explained with Azelf, I had a turn to fill before it fell asleep, so I threw an ultra ball and caught it. ._.; Then I caught Uxie with a pokeball (it was the last ball I had before I was going to reset), and Mesprit in a heal ball. It's based some on luck, basically. XD

rj217

a person
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    make its health status a problem. such as making it sleep or pyrilize
    9i spelled it wrong)

if not i can trade

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Double status is the best way, especially crobat. If you can outspeed it, confuse and poisin it, and then do damage to it, you're pretty much set.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    I have one I can hook you up with :/ just pm me a few offers and I'll see what I can do.

But anyway yeah I caught most of my legendaries in Ultra Balls. But keep this in mind:

I caught Palkia AND Dialga in Premiere Balls
    I think they're better than the lake Pokémon
    So try a Premiere Ball?
    Idk I can't give much advice other than that!
    :D Hope this does no good(no, totally kidding lol)!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Dusk Balls. When used in caves or at night, they have 4x the catch rate of a regular Pokeball, compared to an Ultra Ball's 2x catch rate. Oh yeah, and don't forget the status. Paralysis is a favorite of mine. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2008
    pokemon

My pokemmon Charizart,Lugia,charmander and pokemon Diamon and pokemon Pearl
    hahaahahahaha i win

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    My pokemmon Charizart,Lugia,charmander and pokemon Diamon and pokemon Pearl
    hahaahahahaha i win
    Nah, I'm pretty sure you just lost.

Here's how you do it:
    1. Save right before facing Azelf
    2. start a battle with it
    3. fast ball
    4. beat it down. use false swipe to get it to 1HP if you can
    5. sleep or paralyze. sleep makes catching easier than paralysis, but it doesn't last. paralysis is permanent.
    6. chuck dusk balls like nobody's business
    7. after 20-25 dusk balls, switch to timer balls. keep going until its caught or you run out
    8. if you run out, shut off the game and repeat

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I'll tell you a something. There isn't much difference in leaving it in exactly 1 HP and putting it asleep because the chance of catching it is similar anyway. Get some Dusk Balls, reset if you have wasted ten (or what you are planning to waste) and just expect to be lucky because you can't do more than that.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    Get quick,dusk,ultra and timer balls.

Save before you talk. After it's cry, get ready to battle!
    Throw some quick balls, if that dosen't work, bring a lvl 51 staraptor with 1 hp, and use endeavor only if speed is high, or bring a scyther and use false swipe. If you both didn't work, try confuse ray + toxic, and get it's hp down to red. Then start throwing ultra balls or timer balls (only if you battled it for a long time). It should work, but if it dosen't, try this: bring a staraptor with endeavor and has 50 hp, then confuse ray+ toxic (golbat is best), then quickly, throw some ultra balls and dusk balls before it faints!

Spiritfire

It's super effective...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Dusk Ball will be better than an Ultra Ball here, but you should keep rotating balls. Anyway, I had caught all my Legendaries usnig a Timer Ball to my advantage.

Oh and buy a Quick Ball as well (the first ball you should throw). You might get lucky and catch any Pokemon on the 1st try. If it misses, reset your NDS and try again. Otherwise, keep throwing Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls rotatatingly until you think it's time for a Timer Ball.

As for battling the Pokemon, have a Pokemon use Flash multiple times, and then have that Pokemon use a paralysis status effect on it.

blasterzred

PokeNub Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Uhhh....Azelf and Uxie were super easy for me...

Mesprit was the only one which gave me trouble.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Uhhh....Azelf and Uxie were super easy for me...

Mesprit was the only one which gave me trouble.

im sure that helped him alot, just quick ball it, then false swipe(or just normaly attack) it, ultra ball it, dusk ball it, the timer ball it, if its still not urs then reset

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I caught Palkia AND Dialga in Premiere Balls
    I think they're better than the lake Pokémon
    So try a Premiere Ball?
    Idk I can't give much advice other than that!
    :D Hope this does no good(no, totally kidding lol)!

-Dialga and Palkia, for some retarded reason, have the same Capture rate a Bidoof.
    -Premier Ball is just a fancy-looking Pokeball. Same Capture rate as Pokeball and, like Pokeball, has no special effects.

Back